JACOB JAMES COSTELLOE!! 4th OCTOBER!! Sorry its late :)

Discussion in 'Birth Stories & Announcements' started by Ema, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

My long awaited birth story EXTREMELY LONG!!!!!
    Ok where to start i was due to have my 2nd sweep on Friday the 3rd of october i would be bang on 2 weeks overdue! Well on the Thursday i went and done my weekly shop and my contractions started getting stronger but like normal never paid attention to it as this had happened so many times. Well got in had a bath then went to bed. I woke about 2 am in pain and thought i needed a poo as i just had this feeling. Well after about 10 mins of sitting on the toilet trying to poo :)lol:) another pain came and then when i wiped i got blood so i decided this was it. Well by 5am i was in alot of pain and they were coming every mins so i called me mum who came round to help me as kyle was pacing the floor determind we should be at the hospital lol. So when she got here i had a bath and washed my hair and she blowed dried it and straightened it (yeah i know but i was determind i wanted to look good ) then we got all my hospital bags together and took the dog’s to me mums. But first we had to go sainsburys for petrol well the guy didnt know what hit him. 7am and a heavily preg woman in the garage buying snacks between contractions :rofl:
    So by 9am they were coming thick and fast so rang labour ward who said pop in and we’ll access you. So off we went determind i would be sent away.....well got there spread me legs and i was 4cm dialted so off to the ward i went, and it hit me i wouldnt be leaving without me baba.
    Well when i got to the ward they were still trying to shove silly parcetemonal down me mouth. Which did F ALL!! And as for baths.....yeah right. So after about an hour they gave me diamorphine which made me feel well out of it for about a whole 30 mins then started wearing off. It didnt take the pain away it just made me dis-connect from it :D
    So that was about 10am and i was determind to stick it out. So between contractions we were all joking and laughing but when contractions came i was like a beast :rofl: screaming kicking you name it i was doing it. Pacing the labour ward trying to make them come thicker and faster but secretly hoping they wouldnt lol. So at 3pm i had another internal and i had been in active labour for 6hours now. Well i was so so so happy when she said i was 7cm and waters still intact too. So was told to keep going and my next internal would be at 7pm where they hoped i would be 9cm. Still on only diamorphine they were killing me i thought i was dying with each one.
    So 4 hours later and in so much pain i was so happy when she came to do my internal only to be told i was STILL only 7cm!!! I was devasted i felt like such a failure!! So they decided to break my waters to see if that would do it.....and told to wait another 2 hours for another internal to check it was working otherwise it was the hormone drip :argh: which i was dreading......so in tears and in so much pain i was determind to get them going so i was bouncing on me ball and pacing the corridor trying to kick things up a gear. But every time i sat down i felt like id pee’d meself as my waters would flow out. So i was having to change me pad every 5 mins lol.
    9pm finally came and i was at the point of begging people to help me :blush: caretakers and everyone i saw i begged :rofl: Kyle was mortified!! Well my consultant was in the room and they did another internal and i was still 7cm. I burst into tears telling everyone to kill me now :rofl: So i begged my consultant to check me scans again to make sure they’re was no possible way for me to have a edipural and now they were putting me on the hormone drip i would be in even more pain and by this point i had been in active labour for 12 +hours(not including the hours before i got to hospital) and was exhausted. Well 3 consultants later they decided i could have one but only if they wore it off for pushing. So 20 mins later i was pain free and completely happy. I could still feel the tightening of the contractions but no pain. So i was napping between top ups getting ready for pushing because i knew id be very tired!!
    Well the next internal was 2am and i was finally told i was fully dialted but pushing wasnt an option yet. I had to wait 2 hours for the epidural to wear off before i could do it. Well the next 2 hours i felt like i was dying each one was getting more intense and i was still on the hormone drip which was now set at MAX so i was having about 8 contractions every 10mins.
    Then we got to the pushing stage which was where it all went wrong. I have a long history of hip problems and needed a consultant with me at all times to make sure i didnt split them etc. Well after 2 hours of pushing i was the exorcist!! Lol i was screaming and in so much pain. By now it was 6am and baba still wasnt here. So at about quater past six the midwife runs out and 2 doctors run in with this big table full of needles etc. And they grab me legs and speak to the consultant and say “hunni we got to act quick baby is stuck and we need to get him out but he’s to far into your pelvis for a c-section so we gotta use forceps!!” Well i didnt have a clue what was happening and i looked at kyle and me mum. Kyle was pale and me mum was crying, but i was so out of it on the pain i just stared at everyone and they were pulling me legs one way and another. Next thing i heard was “take a deep breathe with the next contraction but dont push.......” DEEP BREATHE AND OUCH!!! They bloody cut me (apparently there was no one available to numb it first and they needed to act quick) MY BLOODY GOD IT FUCKING HURT! And next the forceps and being inserted and i could feel them grinding against my hip bones and his head (most horrible feeling :sick: ) Well with the next contraction i was told to push as much as i could. And they pulled well kyle went as pale as anything and i was screaming pushing then all of a sudden the woman shouts “stop pant pant” and then there were alarams going off and 4 more doc’s run in. His shoulders were stuck and he wasnt breathing and they needed him out now! And my legs are pulled and pushed and then the dreaded “next contraction deep breathe...”(well i knew what was coming) And next contraction i was cut twice more. And then next contraction i was told to push. So one last almighty push and he was out 7.16am and weighing 8lb 1oz. And dumped on my chest. Well i felt so out of it i could barely hold him and still hooked up to hormone drip so still getting contractions!! And being stitched (FUCKING KILLS!!) so kyle took him and got his dressed. He was absolutely beautiful and i was so in love with him already :cloud9: but i couldnt understand why i couldnt hold him etc.

So i was wheeled to the shower because i couldnt walk and basically a piece of meat! I was stripped down and told i wasnt well enough to have a shower so was sat on the toliet and a big midwife just washed me down....all my private bits and all like a piece of meat. Luckily my mum was there with me otherwise she wouldnt have believed how crap i was treated. Then by 9am only 2 hours after i had given birth I was taken to the ward and kyle and my mum was kicked out!! Kyle was told he could come back at 11am (only 2 hours late :shock:) and my mum had to wait to visting and told to leave. Well i couldnt hold jacob and couldnt stand because i felt so faint!! Well went all that day and got to 9am the next morning and not 1 midwife did any checks on me or jacob. Only time we saw someone was when they came to give me the bottles. So by 9am i had enough and buzzed someone and asked why we hadnt had any ob’s done since giving birth and was told “your pregnancy was low risk you dont need them” So this just pissed me off so i said why jacob hadnt been checked! She then pulled out a thermometor and took his temp and said “oh he’s fine!” so i then asked to be discharged i had had enough!! So the doc came did jacobs ob’s finally and discharged us! ( I still hadnt been checked once!!!) so they gave me my discharge letter and said i could go at 11am. So kyle and me mum came to get me and i still needed to be helped to walk (yet the midwifes thought this was ok) Kyle had to go back to work and wasnt on leave until Friday. Well on Sunday a midwife came to see us and i said how i felt really faint and could barely hold jacob and told her i hadnt had any ob’s done in hospital and was this normal. To which she replied “oh im sure you did but there was just so much going on you forgot!!” NO i think i would notice someone taking me blood pleasure etc! So she took me pulse and said “oh its quite high but that can be normal) and left and booked in a midwife to come out at 5days to do jacobs heal prick test. Well by this day i could barley walk and kyle was still working. My mum was having to come every hour to check on me. Well the midwife must of been in the house about 5 mins and she turned to me and told me i had to go to hospital. So off we went and when i got there they took some blood and my hemegloben *sp* was only4!!! The normal is supposed to be 11-16 and the level for blood transfusion is 7!! She said she was suprised i hadnt collapsed!! So off i went to the ward to have a blood transfusion and crying all the way as they wouldnt let Jacob stay because i was so ill. So i had to wave me lil boy goodbye and i just cried all night. So the next day as soon as they would let me i discharged meself ( i know a lil stupid but i wanted me lil boy :cry:) well i got home on complete bed rest and 3 iron tablets a day!! Well now 8 days after birth im feeling a lil better and finally able to feed and nurse my lil boy. But i feel so robbed of my first week because of poor care!! So got a meeting tomorrow to register a complaint about the level of care. As i will never have that first week back! Or the next few weeks. I cant even take my lil boy for a walk let alone show him off. But none the less i love him more than anything and as the weeks pass and i get more better, and able to do all the normal things. As for weight loss. The last week has made me lose 3 stone already!!!
    Sorry its so so long but 23 hours of active labour (29 hours of labour in total) 74 stitches and a blood transfushion later and im finally starting to enjo y motherhood :D
    Oh and here is my lil man....:cloud9: Sorry for overload :D XxxxX

https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/TattooAftercare/SDC10855.jpg
    https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/TattooAftercare/SDC10879.jpg
    https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/TattooAftercare/SDC10895.jpg
    https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/TattooAftercare/SDC10898.jpg
    https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/TattooAftercare/SDC10900.jpg
    https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/TattooAftercare/SDC10908.jpg
    https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/TattooAftercare/SDC10915.jpg

2. Jayden'sMummy

Jayden'sMummy Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx

Oh my god ema he is so gorgeous and WOW i thought i had a rough time in labour and my Iron levels being just below 6! congratulations mummy xxxx

3. CK Too

CK Too Well-Known Member

He´s gorgeous Ema and I´m sure well worth what you had to go through.

I hope you get somewhere with your complaint with the hospital, because you have been treated terribly.

Hopefully now things have settled down you can sit back and enjoy motherhood :hugs:

4. Sarah88

Sarah88 Full time working mummy

Bout time Ema=! Hope the complaint is taken seriously, stupid hospitals! Gorgeous boy tho

5. ~ Vicky ~

~ Vicky ~ <3 Proud Mummy <3

Oh Ema he's the most beautiful baby boy. You must be so proud of him, congrats.

As for your labour, you poor thing! It sounds pretty traumatic. I can't believe your lack of after care though. Good on you for getting a complaint in. Hope you're feeling a little better now x

6. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

Aw hun you sound like you have had a rough week, i'm actually cringing at your lack of care, hope the meeting goes well 2moz.

He is a beautiful little boy i bet your so happy, and can i just say even tho you have been ill you look fantastic in those pics!!

Congratulations x

7. alio

alio Well-Known Member

buggering toss! what an ordeal! this childbirth thing is nuts.... you may sure they get it with both barrels. i'm fucking sick of these medics and professionals not taking notice of us.... you know, we've got a fucking brain!!
    glad you're able to start bonding with jacob more so now. like you said though, you never get that bloody week back. tossers. x

8. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Congratulations sweetie he's gorgeous .. and despite being poorly your looking lovelyl in your piccies too!! :hugs:

I cant believe you had such a shit time of it, your deffo right to make a complaint!!

9. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

God what a horrible time you had with really crap care!

But my god you have one gorgeous wee boy to show for it all!

Hope your feeling better!

Emma.xx

10. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

They are such arseholes at that hospital.

Glad your home now honey. He's just adorable....:cloud9:

xx

11. shockd&amazed

shockd&amazed Made it to 3rd tri!Yay!

Congrats on Jacob, he's SO gorgeous you must be so proud!
    And as for what you went through, well you are a warrior woman my dear!! You should be v proud of how brave you were going through all that!
    Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy motherhood xxx

12. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

Congratulations hun! He is so beautiful and you guys are the perfect family!

We were so worried about you,I can't belive how they treated you :grr:
    So sorry you had a rough time but you're here to enjoy your little man now and he is absolutly perfect!

:hug:

13. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you had a bad time with the hospital. But I'm glad you're finally feeling better, and enjoying motherhood. He is beautiful. :D :D x Congrats x

14. Mamafy

Mamafy Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4

:( :hugs: what a truly awful time you had hun:hugs:

15. bigbelly2

bigbelly2 mommy of 2!

burn them at the stake i say!!! to**ers they are!!

well done for staying sane through it all and hes beautiful!!

congratulations

h x

16. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

ema he is sooo adorable you must be so so proud :)

sorry to hear youve had such a shitty week, the way youve been looked after ( well lack of) is awful i think youre right in complaining!!
    lets hope you feel better soon, take it easy hun xxx

17. kelly86

kelly86 Well-Known Member

congrats ema hes a little cutie :)

18. jonnanne3

jonnanne3 Our miracle is HERE!

I can not believe how you were treated! Wow and Your beautiful son! He is absolutely worth every bit of it, isn't he? Congratulatons! And you look great by the way! :hug:

19. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

Glad to hear you are home and starting to come around :D That is awful treatment, having a baby is supposed to be a happy time, if that hospital doesnt want to put the effort into that then they shouldn't do child birth.

He is gorgeous though! He looks alot like your OH in the last pic.

20. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

He is so lovely :hug:

Congrats to you, Kyle & beautiful Jacob

Sorry you had such a shit time but at least you're enjoying it all now

N u look great by the way!!

xxx