Jacuzzis??

Jemz3741

2 girls and a boy <3
Reaction score
Hiya just a question as DH and I are taking our girls swimming tomorrow, they have a jacuzzi there and i dont know if i can use it being pregnant? Its not very hot, probably the same temperature as i would have a shower, maybe colder. Any ideas?
I know the steam room and sauna is a big NO NO.:blush:
T.I.A

Jemma

I dont think its advised that you use it because it can raise your blood perssure some of them can get quite hot x

I don't see an issue if it's not too hot. I'm pretty sure that's the main objection but if you're already taking baths at the same temp and your fine then a jacuzzi wouldn't be any different.

jacuzzi is mainly bubbles and they have them in the physio unit at the hospital where theye send pregnant ladies for treatment as the bubbles and jets can be very soothing on sore backs.

go careful and dont stay in too long if your worried.

jacuzzi is mainly bubbles and they have them in the physio unit at the hospital where theye send pregnant ladies for treatment as the bubbles and jets can be very soothing on sore backs.

go careful and dont stay in too long if your worried.

Thats cheered me up loads, as i only have a shower in my place so i dont have the option of a relaxing bath :cry:
Im looking forward to swimming tomorrow now and having my 5 mins peace :)
Thanks for the replies

Have fun! I'm sure if it's not too hot, you're fine!

Some allow temperature control, and if not, they usually post what the maintained temp is. I believe we are not supposed to go in water over 100*F. Ours is maintained at 104F and I would go in but not for too long. It honestly was one of my fav things to do during pregnancy with Erica. Our bathtub is nice, but we dont have jets or anything. In the jacuzzi I could really relax. If I felt like I was getting too hot I got out. Enjoy it, but just pay attention to your body! :D

I actually read a pregnancy book where the woman who wrote the book got into a jacuzzi and freaked out after some lady in the hot tub told her she was probably cooking the baby alive. Truth of it is that it won't hurt the baby or "cook it alive". Your fine going into the jacuzzi. ;)

at the moment i feel like i could make my own jacuzzi :blush:

go on treat yaself and relax xx

I asked my midwife this as I have a jacuzzi bath and she said as long as its not too hot then its fine :)

I went in one at 28 weeks which was attachced to the pool at a hotel I was staying at and it was sheer bliss. As long as it not too hot go for it but get out if you feel uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->