♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Giggle, how big is the baby boy now?

Molly, I'm sorry, your boss sounds like a jerk.

Nova, how much time do you find yourselves spending at the hospital? It's got to be really hard to be there much with your 5 year old to care for.

MissMarple - we only spend a couple hours a day there. I don’t want our daughter to see Cleo yet with all the machines and lines now attached to her. Plus she’s SO tiny she doesn’t really look like a baby. I’m not sure how my daughter would react to all of that. I’m taking a risk, but I have faith Cleo will grow and stay healthy and my oldest will see her when the time is right. So, because she can’t go into the NICU, my husband stays with her in the playroom at the hospital (it’s a huge children’s hospital and there are so many resources for parents and siblings) while I visit with Cleo, then we switch. Plus, healing from thus csection is a beast. I had to have a classical because my uterus wasn’t fully developed enough for the typical kind. So I have the bikini incision on the outside, but on the inside is a vertical incision. Apparently it takes twice as long to recover from one of these. Ugh....

Nova I am so sorry. I was talking to hibs and thinking myself what on earth would I do in your situation trying to balance time at home with the older kids and time at the hospital? Pregnancy goes by so fast, here's to hoping this goes quickly, too.

I just read tonight that baby will double in size in the next 4 weeks (23 - 27 weeks) and might gain 6 oz. per week. Crazy!

I'm so happy she is stable. It's a long road, but she seems to be doing so well. Especially for not quite 24, i hope you find a good balance between NICU and looking after your 5 year old:hugs:

Congratulations giggles, good you have a plan in mind! Most important thing is that you and baby are ok, no matter the delivery!

Good luck tomorrow kiwi, are you going to find out the gender?!

MissMolly, sorry work is tough. You know what you're capable of and stuff what your boss thinks. Why shouldn't you have some time to relax before baby comes? It's a massive change!

My phone didn't update that there were more posts](*,) so I've replied to last night's posts! Sorry if my reply is irrelevant now

Molly what kind of work do you do? No shame in taking leave early. Those last weeks can be brutal. I worked to my due date with ds1, but i had a desk job and even then i had a rough go. I was crazy swollen, my legs were huge at the end of the day...

Ladies....... we found out........ it's a.........

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blue:

Still waiting to talk to the doctor after the anatomy scan so I'll update how babies doing a little bit later!!!!

WOOOHOOOO team blue strikes again! Congratulations! Have you told the girls yet?

Molly forgot to say but he is measuring 1lb4oz as of Monday, and roughly 3-4 days ahead. I am having another scan in 6 weeks to have a vba2c risk assessment and will see if he's headed the same way as my first two boys (bother over 9lbs).

Ty ladies!!

Giggles: I've told Riya and at first she said "I don't want a boy, i like girls" then when we got in the car she was really excited!!

Btw, the anatomy scan went really well the doctor said the baby looks great.

WOOOHOOOO team blue strikes again! Congratulations! Have you told the girls yet?

Molly forgot to say but he is measuring 1lb4oz as of Monday, and roughly 3-4 days ahead. I am having another scan in 6 weeks to have a vba2c risk assessment and will see if he's headed the same way as my first two boys (bother over 9lbs).

Giggle I'm so curious to know what little Margot will weigh next Monday at 23 w, 6 d since she was already 13 oz. at 20 weeks.

Congratulations on your little boy, Kiwi!

Is there a reason for another ultrasound? I have one last one and that'll be it, and even that one is unusual.

Giggle-We will have one more ultrasound but it will be the elective 4D. I think some doctors do a final measuring ultrasound as well.

I really want to do a 4D ultrasound at 30w but idk if I'll have the money :(. It's like $150 around here for the good package.

Is there a reason for another ultrasound? I have one last one and that'll be it, and even that one is unusual.

I think I keep getting them because of my blood clotting disorder, they are looking for clots in the placenta probably?

I feel lucky to get to see baby once a month anyway.

I think I’ll wait till she’s here to really see her face though. I don’t believe we will be offered 4D.

Last edited:
The only extra scans I get for this little one is once a week they use the Doppler to find the heartbeat. I've never been offered a 4D scan even when I made it to 34 weeks. I really wish it was an option here in the United States that you didn't have to pay for :(.

The only extra scans I get for this little one is once a week they use the Doppler to find the heartbeat. I've never been offered a 4D scan even when I made it to 34 weeks. I really wish it was an option here in the United States that you didn't have to pay for :(.

My scans charge insurance like $450! Thank goodness I hit my deductible this year so I pay $25.

I’ve still never seen a Doppler machine.

I really want to do a 4D ultrasound at 30w but idk if I'll have the money :(. It's like $150 around here for the good package.

Ouch, that is a good bit. Usually we can find good deals around here. I paid $75 and I got the full CD, a few pics, and a hearbeat baby (stuffed animal with her heartbeat in it)

My scans charge insurance like $450! Thank goodness I hit my deductible this year so I pay $25.

I’ve still never seen a Doppler machine.
I'm not sure how much they charge my insurance but that's insane, $450? That's robbery!!!
Ouch, that is a good bit. Usually we can find good deals around here. I paid $75 and I got the full CD, a few pics, and a hearbeat baby (stuffed animal with her heartbeat in it)
Oh my gosh that is so cute! I really wish I had one of those for my girls to put in their memory chest!! I'm not even sure if the place I went to with Ava offered a stuffed animal with the heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->