Jars do hav everything a baby needs don't they?

Celine35

Lucy, aged 4 and 39wks
Reaction score
...MIL turned her nose up at me giving LO a jar and made a comment that it's not the same, they don't get the same goodness and she doesn't understand why a lot of mums these days don't just make their own blah blah blah 9thanks for the dig MIL!)

I just need reassurance from mums that they are ok? I find LO loves them and sometimes prefers them to my own prepared baby food.

Lots of babies have ready-made foods,they are made to contain everything babies need. I personally wold always give baby jars if i'm not able to make purely organic home-made food for my babies.

you do whats best for you hun, never mind what other people do i do a mixture of everything but mostly baby led weaning it suits us best i havent got time to be steaming veg to puree when he'll gladly eat it as we eat on our plates.
MIL's think they can say what they like about everthing and anything tell her to butt out y mil said last week now rhys is 7 months i should ditch the bottle and make him use his sippy cup all the time as he should only be having a drink of milk before bed.. just laugh at them

Do what you feel is best hun. I've started weaning and for now i'm going to use the home made purees......but going forward i'll be using both home made food and jars. OH works shifts so sometimes we'll end up having a really simple tea....or it'll just be LO and me so freezing any extra food we have isnt an option a lot of the time so it'll have to be jars.
And when i go back to work i'm hoping LO can eat most of what we have so we'll be ok by then...even though it's plain old soup or beans on toast.... but the alternative is still Jars if i have nothing else.

A lot...i mean a lot use these jars so they must be ok...otherwise there wouldnt be so many brands or selection to pick from. :thumbup:

xx

I sometimes use Jars when out and about but I do worry if they have all the vitamins and things in them...just with the processing and long shelf life they have... it just makes me wonder :shrug: but surely they would not be able to sell them if they were no good :shrug:

there is nothing wrong with giving jars :hugs: It's about what works best for you and your baby, not what others think you should be doing

I do have spag bol and cassaroles in the freezer for Liv but she prefers the jars! I do only ever use them at tea time and not every day but I don't think there is anything wrong with them at all - its whatever works for you and if baby likes them then happy days! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->