Jayden's eating habits

Discussion in 'Kids & Teenagers' started by leeanne, Aug 20, 2009.

1. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Ok, so it was alright when he went to school for only a few hours if he didn't eat his snack.

However, he's been in a few full day camps and won't eat sandwiches, etc. The only sandwich he may eat is a Subway sandwich and that is if it is cold.

So, what the hell do I do now that he's going to be in school full days in 3 weeks?

Anyone have a finicky eater and go through this same experience? What kind of things did you pack for lunches?

2. Alexas Mommy

Alexas Mommy Well-Known Member

-http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/593121/lunch_box_alternatives_to_the_traditional.html

http://www.momcentral.com/food/school-lunch-ideas.html

I hope this helps!

Oh, and not sure if his school will have a microwave, but pizza pops or pizza pockets are another great idea! My foster mom used to put them in my lunch, when I was in Jr. High!
    Also, leftovers from supper, the night before are a great idea too!
    I suggest a thermos too, to pack soups!

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I hated sandwiches when I was little! Drove my mom to distraction :rofl:

Anyways she would pack cheese/carrot sticks/celery sticks/fruit/cookies. I also liked those little cans of pasta, can't remember what they're called but I used to eat them :rofl: They had a pop top lid so it was easy to eat. What about lunchables or crackers and meat and cheese?

4. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

He only likes the chocolate bar and crackers in the lunchables. LOL Oh, and if I packed cookies, they'd surely be eaten. haha

He doesn't like sandwiches at all. Hey, when I was a kid my mom would shoot me for all the lunches I threw out.

The only sandwich he will eat at home is peanut butter and jam, but I think from me talking, he knows that they are gross by lunchtime. I remember so well what they looked and smelt like. BLECH.

He does like salads, but not the egg in it, etc.

He's eating the canned pastas a bit more but still nothing he absolutely loves, but one thing I will definitely try.