Jealous! I want a BUMP!!!

paigekins

Proud Mama of Twin Boys
Reaction score
I'm almost 7 weeks along and I know I need relax and let things take their course, but I really, REALLY want a bump! I feel super bloated, but I don't think I look any different... except for my boobs getting bigger. Whoopie. :growlmad:

How far along were you when you started getting a bump?

Me too, me too!!

I'd rather a bump than the bloat...

I got a bump at 10 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. My prepregnancy weight was 120 and I am 5'2

With my first pregnancy I had bloat til 13wks.

It then disappeared and I was back to my flat tummy!!!

I noticed the first change in my tummy around 16wks, but no noticeable bump til 24+wks.

You could be waiting a long time!!:flower:

I was so excited for a bump first time around but this time, the bump can take its time in forming. I'm in nooooo rush! It quickly loses its excitement when you can't walk, shave your legs and get back fat and thigh cellulite :/

Oh Jenny you really have put me off wanting a bump so soon lol

Lol - don't get me wrong the 5-6th month, maybe even 7th, is great! But the stretchy pant time (7+ months) isn't the best :haha:

Ahhh the joys of pregnancy!!! As though all the symptoms in first tri weren't enough,lol!!!

I so can't wait to get my bump. I push my belly out to make it look like I have one sometimes and so the DH. He laughs and thinks I am nuts but he can't wait for my bump either! I love being pregnant so far. My skin looks awesome and I feel great! I hope I don't get sick! I am a pretty little person but I want this baby bump fast! Has anyone ever wore those belly band/sleeves? I was looking online and thought that would be good if I could keep my old jeans and pants? Do they really let you keep them?

With my daughter I was 25 weeks before I got any hint of a bump. Before that stage it was just flat lol

I so can't wait to get my bump. I push my belly out to make it look like I have one sometimes and so the DH. He laughs and thinks I am nuts but he can't wait for my bump either! I love being pregnant so far. My skin looks awesome and I feel great! I hope I don't get sick! I am a pretty little person but I want this baby bump fast! Has anyone ever wore those belly band/sleeves? I was looking online and thought that would be good if I could keep my old jeans and pants? Do they really let you keep them?

During my last pregnancy I tried the BeBand things from Target as well as this funky pants extender thingy I found on amazon. If you're showing, the Belly Bands work great as long as you don't move. If you sit then stand or walk any distance, they ride up horribly. By the end of your pregnancy your butt is going to have expanded quite a bit as well as your thighs, so unbuttoned or not, your regular pants aren't going to fit you. If you can get them on, they're going to look funky. If you're early in your pregnancy and it's just bloat, the belly band works just fine. However, people will see it, since you wear it down to the bottom of your jeans zipper, and they will know what it is. So if you're trying to keep a secret, that's not the best way.

The pants extender thing that amazon sells is a POS. It's basically a little elastic piece that you attach to the button of your pants with a fabric piece that you put on to fill in the gap from the open zipper. It looks great on the package. Again, your regular pants aren't going to fit in the butt and thighs when you're 8 months pregnant, so you can't wear it at the very end. Earlier than that, your shirts aren't going to cover the crotch of your pants completely (especially if you have to dress professionally for work), and it's just going to look like you accidentally left the fly open on your pants and everyone can see your undies. On the bright side though, nobody wants to say anything and embarrass the pregnant lady, so they just try to hide their snickering as you walk bye.

Do yourself a favor and just buy proper maternity pants.

The bump band is good for the first 4 months or so but like the previous psoter said, rides up a lot after that. I found they were really good for support though, I always felt like my bump was held well in it :)

I am going to get a good one this time around. I just had a topshop one the last time, which was ok, but became a bit loose after a few washes :/

This is my first pregnancy and as much as I want to look pregnant I know that no matter when it starts its going to be a uncomfortable in the end. So my bump can take as long as it wants to arrive. Somewhere around 20 weeks will be fine with me... I am hoping that the less time I have a belly the less time it will take to go back to normal.

I'm using a bump band and love it - but I can see it being a PITA after about 18-20 weeks or so. It was about 15 weeks when there was no chance I could button my pants and that has been a lifesaver.

I'm on my first pregnancy, had bloating until 14 weeks, then back to normal (a LOT Of the 'bumps' you see in first tri are bloating, not bumps, especially before 12 weeks when the uterus is still below the pubic bone), and now at 16 weeks I'm finally starting to see and feel something. It's VERY very different than the bloat and you'll know the difference when you get there. . .but I still don't officially look pregnant. I venture to guess it will be 18-20 weeks before people start to recognize that I'm pregnant and not just chubby around the middle :)

Your bump will come, I promise! Some women see nothing and then whamo, wake up one day with a big old bump! Others get to enjoy the 'fat or pregnant' stage. . .as I am. Not so fun. :p

Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!

I know how you feel. I want a real bump to stay myself. I have a smaller one in the mornings when first wake up but by afternoon I have major bloat.

With my first pregnancy I had bloat til 13wks.

It then disappeared and I was back to my flat tummy!!!

I noticed the first change in my tummy around 16wks, but no noticeable bump til 24+wks.

You could be waiting a long time!!:flower:

I am not too encouraged by this. I hate my bloat & want a bump :growlmad:
hmph. lol

I can wait for the bump, it hindered me alot the last four months i couldnt shave, bairly could wipe my bum, if i dropped something on my floor it stayed there till hubby got home. I could bairly reach the sink, i found it very hard. So i can wait.

I think I've figured out that the reason I want a bump so badly is because it's the only proof I have that I'm pregnant when I'm not LITERALLY at the dr.s office. I want a bump that I can relate to a BABY... not just really, super icky first trimester symptoms. Grr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->