Jealous :( (OT and kinda long and silly... Sorry)

K

Kaede351

My step-cousin is pregnant and about 3 weeks behind me. She found out today that she is having a girl after 3 gorgeous boys! Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad she finally got the little girl she wants so badly... But I kind of feel like my poor baby boy will be overshadowed :(

We have so many boys in our family... My step cousin has 3, her dad and my aunty have 4 other boys (2 step cousins from my uncle's previous marriage, 2 cousins), then there's another boy on my uncle's side and my brother... So my poor little boy is just going to be at the bottom of a long list of boys names :(

Everyone is so excited about having a girl... And really sadly, the thing that upset me the most is my little cousin's reaction (he's 5 and my step-cousin's half brother... Yes it confusing lol). I've always had more to do with him than his sister has, and he was excited about me having a baby until he found out I was having a boy then he completely lost interest. I got a really excited phone call earlier from him...

"hey! Hey! Guess what!!! My sister's having another baby! A girl baby!" now I know it's my hormones and is totally pathetic and that he's only really a baby himself, but it really upset me that he doesn't care about me but is excited that his sister, who he sees maybe twice a year and barely knows, is having a baby purely because it's a girl.

Mostly though, I feel like when her baby arrives poor Harrison won't get a look in with the majority of my family because they're all so excited to buy frilly, girly stuff rather than "boring" boys stuff.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. I know it's silly, and the stupidest thing to get upset about and it's just my hormones being stupid. but it's upset me none the less :(

XxX

Yeah it's silly but still true :). You'll just have to spoil him a little extra at home and remember that he's loved very much by all his family even if he's "just" another boy.

I know that even if everyone else is preoccupied with girly stuff that to me and DH and DH's parents he's the most special little boy ever. It took us 3 years to get him. It just hurts to think he might feel pushed out by everyone else as he gets older because of this little girl.

I think I'm just having a bad day haha. I think it's getting to me more than it should lol. Can't wait for DH to get home so I can have a cuddle :(

XxX

Aw I can understand how you feel. You want your lil boy to be special to everyone and not just one of the many boys! I had a dream that dealt with something similar but was much sillier! My brother and his wife have 3 kids, one girl and twin boys. They are defo done with having kids! But in my dream my mother announced that my SIL was expecting another set of twins and from then on all anyone talked about and was excited about was her twins. No one asked about how mine are coming along, no one wanted to see my scan picies but shoved hers onto me from all sides. I woke up in tears! This would never happen in my family in reality. But I guess deep down I was worried that my kids might not be as loved as my brother's cause we are here in London and my parents and brother etc are in Switzerland. So yeah I know the feeling and I don't blame you. But you know, no matter how many boys there are in your wider family, this little one will be your special lil boy. And even if everyone else has a dozen sweet lil boys, none of them will be as special as yours cause he is yours. :hugs:

You're right :) I suppose as long as we make Harri feel loved it doesn't really matter about anyone else. Can't wait to meet our little man :D

XxX

I'm in a similar situation (although not confirmed) - We are having our 2nd boy, but he will be one of many boys in the family (on my side anyway) - my cousin is preg with her second a few weeks apart from me.

Her first was a boy the same age as DS and this one i'm positive is a girl (I'd be thrilled for them whether it's a boy or girl!) They are being really coy about it and smiling like idiots whenever anyone asks if they know what they're having!! I could be wrong, but they have also taken lots of second hand girls clothes off a mutual friend - she's said she is just getting prepared either way..Hmmm....(Haha, call me Sherlock)

Anyway, I did have those "oh my baby is not going to be as special now there is a girl coming" thoughts, but I cannot tell you how excited we (OH and I) are to be having another boy - and that is all that matters!! :hugs: x

Why does everyone seem to prefer girls?! :( boys are just as special!

XxX

I have a slight preference for girls too though I will be over the moon, whatever we are having, when I finally get to hold my babies in my arms. But the reason in my case is that I am hoping that if I have a girl I will have a similar relationship with her as I have with my mum. She and my brother see each other more often since they live close to each other but I think mum and I have a closer relationship. And I think this is not uncommon between mums and daughters, at least not when girls are a lil older. But lil boys are great and as I said if I have two of them I will be just as happy :)

I dont understand the girl preference either, but then I've noticed the people in real life around me who say about it seem to think they're essentially little dolls to dress up. Its a baby, not a toy. Drives me mental when everyone says 'oh, wouldnt you rather have a girl?'
Actually, no, I'd be happy either way, but have always dreamt of having a little boy.

To be honest I kinda wanted a girl... Mostly because we were finding it hard to agree on a boys name lol. But I was in no way, shape or form disappointed when we found out we were having a girl. In fact I pretty much screamed "YES, I knew it!!" during the scan XD (I'd had a feeling from the beginning it would be a boy)... The tech looked at me funny haha.

I'm excited to have a little boy! Little boys seem so much more loving :)

XxX

I know how you feel hun, all the babies have been boys theres been so many and when we found out i was pregnant with our first everyone was saying ' awww i hope its a girl' to which we always replied 'were not bothered, as long as the babys healthy, thats all that matters to us'. We then found out abit ago we are having a boy which me and my husband were estatic about, but telling everyone i could see their faces drop. The only people who showed pure excitement was my mother and step father who were over the moon. Its just so annoying when people are like that, this is our first baby so even though hes a boy hes still the first boy were having and we wouldnt change that for the world.

sorry i went on abit of a rant there didnt i

I kind of understand how you feel. I am having a girl and everyone was upset it wasn't a boy. My oh, my son and the donor all were upset about Airyonna being a girl. Other people have been like "Oh your having another girl" and it's really hurt my feelings and there has been a ton of tears because I feel like I let everyone down. I love her so much and I know they will too. They have been better about how they feel but come on people it's a baby and who cares what it has between it's leggs!!!

I'm the exact opposite. DH's side of the family have no boys to 'carry on the family name' and they're dying for a boy. No doubt, any boy born will be spoiled rotten. And any boy of ours even moreso because DH is the baby of the family, and any baby that their 'baby' has is going to be showered with more affection anyway. I was praying for a girl so that I wouldnt have to deal with a child that gets too much attention (it can be a negative rather than a positive) and also so that my little girl could join the current gang of female cousins that are about her age and not feel lonely. My prayers have been answered and I am having a girl. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->