Jealousy!

LouOscar01

Reaction score
Ahhh, OH's cousin just gave birth today....a girl called Millie. Of course I'm happy for her, but my tummy is all squirmy and jealous! Can't believe I have to wait so many more months. I want a tiny baby to hold!!!

Me tooooo it's so hard!
It'll be Christmas soon and after that it will nearly be time! :flower:

Totally understand. DH family member just had a baby and it's very tough in the past few years to see all the photos and her pregnancy experience. I am sooooo happy for them but wish it were us. I hate how waiting to TTC has brought out so many negative feelings.

You're not alone. I know or know of 12 women who had a baby in the last 15 months and know at least 5 women who are expecting a baby now. Hopefully it'll be my turn eventually. :dust:

It's horrid to feel anything negative when a new baby has been born! So so so desperate!! Months are going slooooow.

I will join in as I am in the same boat. I have been telling hubby I am ready since the new year and he says later when we are ready. August I went off the pill and said I am ready, now it's up to you as to if you are ready. He then gave me a date - June/July next year so we can do one more big overseas trip.

Since then his cousin has announced their 3 month pregnancy, a lady at work is 3.5 months pregnant, and two other ladies are going to pop any day. As well as everyone else we know with kids already.

I hate to be jealous, but can't wait till my turn...

Never really believed in women wanting babies like they said they do at a certain age, and yet here I am!!

I really feel for you ladies! I had 3 years of this before ttc and then another year of utter hell ttc before we were blessed with being pregnant with our eldest! My 2nd is only 4 weeks old and already I'm feeling the broody feelings creeping rapidly back in and feeling just a tiny bit jealous of the friends and acquaintances just announcing their pregnancies, plus I have several friends and acquaintances and my sil due in the next 6 months! There's no way that we'll be in the right place to try for another for a good 17 months and I know it's just a case of enjoying my little ones whilst I can and just managing my emotions about others! It got easier to handle as soon as I realised that it's OK to feel as I did as long as I didn't act on it and just embraced it! It's OK and perfectly natural to feel jealous when someone else is having an experience that you long for and it's OK to cry or get angry or whatever to express it so long as it's not expressed towards the person of whom you're jealous! Broodiness is horrible and the worst thing is that it doesn't necessarily go away when you get what you want but when you do finally get to have your pregnancy and parenting experience it's the most difficult and wonderful experience in the entire world and all the negative feelings, tears and longing will all be worth it! :)

Beca :wave:

:( i'm sorry. i'm the same right now unfortunately. my son's dance instructor just announced her pregnancy and i smiled and congratulated her but afterwards i felt so sad. i'm sorry we have to feel this way but one day it WILL be our turn :)

Couldn't agree more! I feel so awful having jealous feelings towards friends who are expecting/have babies, but I really can't help it! :(

I'm so so excited to start a family, it's all I can think about all of the time! Waah.

urgh im right there with you! A colleague of mine has just announced she's 10 weeks pregnant and another is already 6 months. Im of course happy for them but so broody all i can think about is "why isnt it me!!!!" :(

All we can do is wait our turn i guess, and our patience will be rewarded with lovely little sticky beans! :thumbup:

Got to cuddle her today.....so uncontrollably broody now. Less than 24 hours old....amazing!!!

Got to cuddle her today.....so uncontrollably broody now. Less than 24 hours old....amazing!!!

Awww I haven't held a baby in three years when my cousin's son was about a month old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->