Jealousy

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
This morning a girl that I went to school with just announced that she is expecting her first baby and, for the first time ever, I've been hit with a proper wave of jealousy that it's not me. Normally I'm a little envious but I figure it'll be my turn soon enough. Not today. Today I want to have a wee moan and a wee cry about it. :cry: I can't help but ask "why not me?" It's obviously lovely news and I wish her all the best but I'm insanely jealous. I'm just so tired of waiting, you know?

I'm sorry. I've been there too. Sometimes it can feel like everyone around us is having babies.

Waiting is so taxing honestly. Sending you hugs. :hugs:

Every day on my FB ATM there's another baby announcement! Seems to be the thing to do lol our time will come 😃 xx

I know how you feel, I do get a little jealous sometimes :blush:
The worse bit right now is a girl on my facebook, we went to school together and she got pregnant at like 13, she barely looked after him. Her and the dad broke up, they got back together, she got pregnant about 8 times and lost them (she was drinking and smoking heavily early pregnancies) .. everytime she would announce and then say how "devastated" she was when she would lose them it would tear me a part because I know I would look after my children from conception. She got pregnant again and it stuck and she gave birth to another boy. When the newest baby was 4 months old she announced she was pregnant again and just found out she is now having a little girl .. It breaks my heart because she will 3 kids, has never worked, (neither has the dad) and she gets to have what i want and what i'm working so hard to get right now. I would be able to stand it if I knew she couldn't afford the extras that people who work hard to get and provide for their kids but her kids have a lot. her 7/8 year old has an xbox, mountain bike, playstation 4 for his xmas .. her other boy has new designer clothes, loads of toys and her unborn baby has already got mountains of stuff. They live in a nicer house than mine because the council couldn't find them a council house so the govt pay her rent for a private 3 bedroom house in a really nice area. My friends mum rents a house in the same street for 750 a month. She gets it free. It just makes me think "why am i working so hard to have a child when she has had 3 and is financially in a better place than me!" ... i'm having a bitter morning.

It is so normal to feel that way. I felt exactly the same but found it was a lot easier after they'd had the baby.

I haven't felt jealous for a little while now. I think it's been at least two weeks.

I get jealous too, I always think why not me? :-( it will be us soon.

Kiki 1993 your post is crazily true!! I don't really feel jealousy when I see someone announce but more sadness!

But you just have to think your waiting now because your most likely working to better your and partners lives in some form. Therefore provide a better environment for baby than currently. Therefore your tine will come and when it does it will be worth the waiting due to the waiting :) x

It didn't bother me so much at first, but within the last I believe three months, 7 of my friends have had babies and another 3 have announced that they are pregnant. The first couple were okay, but after a few, it started to feel like a punch to the gut every time and I would get so sad I would start to cry.

when you work for what you have you can be proud of your accomplishments. material things are not everything. the best gift for a baby is time spent with family.

i am always jealous of new babies and pregnancy announcements, although i have a 19 month old! its some kind of instinct i think.

I feel like SO many people I know are pregnant that I know. They are all around my age too, and I'm considered "too young". The first few didn't bother me too much, because there's a lot of things I can accomplish easier without a baby, but now I'm being pouty about it. I want to be next! If DH was on board, I defiantly wouldn't say no.

Today on my walk I felt a bit jealous when I walked by this house that had children's drawings on the front door and there was a double stroller in front of the house. First time I've felt jealous in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->