Jelly/mucus like discharge. Already o'd!?

bricks123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice because I am so confused.

I came off the pill in February this year as we have decided we are ready to add to our family. I have been tracking my cycles on two apps called Flo and Fertility Friend since then and my they have always been 27-28 days long.

I have only just started tracking ovulation on this cycle by using ovulation test strips as well as tracking my BBT. I read online that you are to do it as soon as you wake up, as long as you’ve had at least 3-4 hours good sleep. So this is what I have done but at different times – I have since heard you’re meant to do it at the same time everyday which is a bit hard for me.

I am now on CD20 and according to my bbt chart I ovulated CD12 due to the increase in my temperature. I was using ovulation strips from CD8 with only faint lines appearing from CD11 and then quite a dark like CD13 it was – however never a confirmed ovulation line. I thought this ovulation date could be correct as I was cramping and had sticky discharge the day after predicted Ovulation.

Today – is where the confusion starts :wacko: I have just gone to the toilet and had an unbelievable amount of jelly/mucus like discharge, which I had to physically pull out of me (so sorry for TMI……). I have had this before in the past (before coming off the pill, before ttc, before tracking cycles etc.) and at this point assumed it was something to do with my period/ovulation.

Could I be ovulating today, or ovulated yesterday because as you can see, my bbt increased again this morning. I am absolutely gutted if I ovulated so late into my cycle :nope:

I know there are a lot of empty circles on my charge, and I think this is because of the time difference of taking temps. But any ideas from looking at it? would it be worth doing an OPK today?

I'd really appreciate any advice :(

Attachments

• IMG_8949.jpg
    IMG_8949.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 7
I saved a wee for 3 hours and did an OPK, no line at all so completely negative.

Someone on another forum recommended I change all of my times on Fertility Friend to the same which I did and got the below results (basically exactly the same). I am pretty sure I am not ovulating and I have already, so perhaps it is my body being a bit strange :(?! The discharge (sorry for WAY TMI) was hanging from me, long and like raw egg whites.

Attachments

• IMG_8954.jpg
    IMG_8954.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8955 (1).jpg
    IMG_8955 (1).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1
I had something similar happen once. It was exactly the way you are describing except mine would break, almost snap, when stretched. It was right before my BFP.

I had this at 6dpo when I was pregnant with my DD. Good luck!

@aj611 How many days post ovulation were you when you got what you described?

@Buffyx wow, so you were at quite a similar point to the dpo that I was yesterday. How long after this happening did you take the test?

I am so annoyed with myself as I have absolutely no idea when I ovulated :nope: so cannot even be sure I was 8dpo yesterday :dohh: I wish I had just started taking my bbt at the same time everyday, but had no idea I was meant to + I never got that positive OPK.

I suppose I'd better wait another week to see if my period arrives. I don't 'feel pregnant' like most people say they do when they first fall pregnant, and haven't had any other symptoms, so who knows :shrug: Argh!!

Thanks both for your replies :) xx

@Buffyx wow, so you were at quite a similar point to the dpo that I was yesterday. How long after this happening did you take the test?

I am so annoyed with myself as I have absolutely no idea when I ovulated :nope: so cannot even be sure I was 8dpo yesterday :dohh: I wish I had just started taking my bbt at the same time everyday, but had no idea I was meant to + I never got that positive OPK.

I suppose I'd better wait another week to see if my period arrives. I don't 'feel pregnant' like most people say they do when they first fall pregnant, and haven't had any other symptoms, so who knows :shrug: Argh!!

I tested from about 8dpo but no positive til around 13dpo! Fingers crossed for you :)

I tested from about 8dpo but no positive til around 13dpo! Fingers crossed for you :)
Thanks so much :) Not sure I will get a BFP but fingers crossed! Just out of interest, did you have any other symptoms with the discharge before you got your BFP 13dpo? Or was that the only symptom you had? xx

I got a few more symptoms after the jelly. My nipples looked larger, and i also had a bad break out of pimples on my face..but that was closer to AF :)

I got a few more symptoms after the jelly. My nipples looked larger, and i also had a bad break out of pimples on my face..but that was closer to AF :)

Thank you :) I don't want to get my hopes up as I have before in the past and it's been a BFN, I was late this cycle and was so excited - but then AF arrived :( will keep fingers crossed though :) xx

I don't remember much. I wasn't tracking ovulation. I just remember tho king it was ewcm and that I missed my ovulation window. It definetly wasn't ewcm since I haven't seen it ever again.

I've just done a test and it was a BFN :( nevermind... who knows what my body was doing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->