Jet lagged baby please help

Happy

Mummy to Phoebe
Reaction score
We arrived back from Florida on Thurday and Phoebe is really suffering with the time difference and I just dont know what to do. She goes to bed at her normal time of 6.30 but 2 hours later she is wide awake wanting to play. This would have been her afternoon nap when in Florida as the time differnce was 5 hrs behind so she is a bit confused.

It takes almost 2 hrs to get her to go back down by which time she is exhausted, she woke again at 1am for a bottle and went straight back to sleep and is still sleeping now which is unheard of for her. Before we went on holiday she always woke at 7am

In the day she looks shattered and I have kept to her normal nap times but come 5pm she is so tired and cranky.

How do I get her sleeping back to normal?

I would just let her sleep when she wants, her body clock will catch up and adjust soon enough.

V xxx

Babies and jet lag is awful isn't it? I would just let her take a few cat naps, 30-45 mins here and there to get her through the day without being overtired, try and get her to nap at her usual time but this may be hit and miss for a while. Keep to your normal bedtime routine and time and when she wakes, feed her if you think she is hungry (like if it was a time she would have been eating whilst on holiday) then keep everything very low key and put her straight back to bed. Once she's back on track with her sleeping and wake-ups and mealtimes she will no longer wake for this night time bottle. Its tough because you don't want to reintroduce the night feeds if you had previously dropped them but on the other hand if she's hungry then she's not going to sleep anyway. I would concentrate on getting the sleep back to normal you can always reduce the night feed bottle by an ounce every few days and then drop it all together. We went to Canada in September with an 8 hr time difference and it took LO about 2 weeks to get back to his normal routine. Hopefully your LO will be quicker than that but consistency is key - it will get back to normal, I promise!

Tabs took 3 weeks to get back to normal :cry: Hope she's better, i just kept going with normal routine but let her nap a bit more in the day :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->