Jinny's WTT Journal

smile7060

Reaction score
Hello all!!! I decided to finally make a journal rather than continue to lurk around anxiously :winkwink:

It was has been so up and down in my life lately, but most has been absolutely positive and exciting!! I finally have an actual time frame to work with now in regards to TTC and I am OVER THE MOON.:cloud9:

My partner and I originally talked about trying to conceive this winter, and put off marriage, however, I came to the realization that having a wedding is something that I have dreamed about since I was five years old, and something that I would like to happen before we TTC. In saying that we have pushed our date now a few months to MAY of 2017 :happydance: Now this date that we have, I feel like is a much more realistic goal for both of us where we are in our lives. We are in the process of saving for a down payment in order to build our house, and we are JUST about there! I think potentially by this fall we MIGHT be able to start buying property and going ahead with the build, but that still remains to be seen. If not this fall I would imagine early next spring.

Also, next May will be my 30TH BIRTHDAY!!!! <3 I took my OH sky diving for his 30th and so I knew that he always was going to have to top that :winkwink:.. which means that the only thing I want is to TTC. He has agreed with the plan, so I feel relieved :flower:

I am in the midst of saving for our wedding, which we have agreed that we would ideally like to have it around JUNE next year... so lots of planning! We are not engaged quite yet, but we did go look at rings the other day, so I have a feeling in the next 6 months we will be engaged and have an actual date for the wedding as well <3

I also just got back from a month in Australia at the end of January which was SO cool, and the year before I travelled around Europe for a month as well! Very glad I was able to experience other part of the world.

I feel like my life is going a warp speed! Before I know it, it will be the summer... time just seems to fly at the speed of sound these days.

I for the most part feel really happy about the date we have set for TTC. I feel like I am a grounded person, a happy person, a healthier person.... At the age of 28, turning 29 I have finally, wholeheartedly accepted the person I am, and I really LIKE who I have become. Its a really beautiful feeling :kiss: I know that I am ready to be a mom now and I can hardly wait!

I do have some concerns though, which I am sure we all do when we are thinking of starting the next chapter in our lives....

Some of the concerns are:

#1 Is thirty an acceptable age? I have done SO much research, and for the most part people who have babies in their thirties do well, and have stable lives, much more so than in their 20's. I do feel in some ways I have pushed it back more so maybe than I should, but again, the things that are happening in my life now much different than where I was even three years ago, and simply not ideal to bring a child in too.

#2 The fertility rate drops slightly? It would be awesome to hear from some women in the same age range as me WWT. What are your thoughts? Are you worried ? I hope to be able to conceive right away ( clearly we all want too) but is this realistic? I will have to prepare myself to not become pregnant instantaneously :blush: My friend who just is turning 34 had her first daughter at 33 years, and conceived in three months. She worried too, but it worked out fine.

#3 I also have IC or Interstitial Cystitis, and for those of you who do not know what that is, it feel like a chronic bladder infection when symptoms are present. Not exactly super fun to deal with. In saying that I do very well, and I have for a while. I was diagnosed in 2011 and I have been on medication that helps since then. Elmiron is a very well tolerated drug, and my Dr says that she thinks it will be more than possible for me to stay on this drug while I am pregnant. I would rather not, but this will be something I have to decide then. It is classified as a "B DRUG" which is considered relatively safe. CLASS A is the safest. It does concern me about going off and having symptoms return.... but the good news is that a decrease in symptoms can and for a LOT of women does happen during pregnancy. It can be compared to IBS, I just have the bladder version essentially. I can only hope and pray that this will not be too much of an issue for me.

#4 I have had chlamydia before, which was very short lived, but an incredibly stressful time for me. I have done so much damn research on the damage it can potentially CAN do to fertility, I am blue in the face... lol.... :wacko: I even wrote a few threads on her when I was having a hard time fathoming that it could have caused damage. There were some really helpful ladies who had the same experience and conceived just fine. This made me feel so much better.

I had it for 3 months, I was treated, end of story. I used to feel a great deal of shame, but I realize now that A) it is an extremely common infection (I think even the MOST common STI in the developing world) and B) the person who gave it to me, was a complete jerk ( before my OH) who had no regard for others. It was shame I learned this the hard way, but learned none the less. It was a good lesson in making sure to treat your body with the utmost respect, and C) many women do NOT have symptoms of this infection for sometimes years!!! The fact that I caught it early is a really good thing. I should also mention that I have had an ultrasound to make sure that I did not have any swelling or endometriosis, all came back clear. Dr. said it looked like I had a normal uterus. This made me feel better knowing that there wasn't something overt that was wrong that could potentially make conceiving harder. I have regular cycles, I know when I ovulate, I don't smoke, I don't drink, and I am healthy.

#5 My mother had early menopause at 37. This concerns me for sure. Obviously I won't be waiting till then to TTC.... but I worry sometimes that I will suffer from this as well, and it could hurt me even earlier than it did her?! I tend to over think things... and Dr. google is NOT my friend... Anyone have experience with this? I would think its pretty rare to have menopause at 30, but I still worry. My mom got pregnant with me at 29 and my brother at 31 I believe. I also recall the reason why she had early menopause was because she has a hysterectomy because of cervical cancer. Which of course is another concern.. do I sound like a complete CASE now? Ugh.. lol. Do we ever stop worrying? I have had pap checks yearly and every two years, so far so good. I know that HPV cells are fairly common these days, and I think maybe back then in 1998 Dr.s opted for hysterectomies rather than removing the cells but I could be wrong about that. I maybe need to check with my mom on that one.

I try not to worry too much despite these concerns... I have had a really incredible journey so far, although there has been a few of these ups and downs... it has made me in to the person and the woman I am today, and for that I am grateful. I feel wise... I feel whole. :thumbup:

Overall, I am really excited for the next step in my life, although apprehensive. I am glad to have this forum and I look forward to getting to know some of you <3

Who else is WWT May 2017!?

I realize now that I totally put this journal in the wrong spot, is there any way someone can point me in the right direction of how to move a thread? :D

I think the easiest way to move over to the journals section is to just copy and paste your first message into a new thread in the journals section.

Looking forward to following you, as I am a total worrier too!

Thanks! I did think I was doing it right but it just came up in the normal thread again :(

I think the easiest way to move over to the journals section is to just copy and paste your first message into a new thread in the journals section.

Looking forward to following you, as I am a total worrier too!

Got it in the right section ;) lol thank you for the help :) It is now in the WTT Journal section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->