Job Aspect

Karlielkc

Pregnant (expecting) 1st
Reaction score
Hi All,

After the horrible issue of being sacked from work due to being pregnant, I have been givenn an interview at a new employment place (local council offices) 4pm today. But they don't know i'm pregnant again....I'm showing a but..I suppose I just look chubby but I am 22 weeks pregnant. I'm thinking if its temp I don't tell them. If its contract or permanent to tell them? Its a good rate of pay at £10 an hour...I dont want to wreck my chances..

Is it best to see if i get offered the job and then tell them, as if they talke back the opportunity for employment on the ground of being told im pregnant then surely thats wrong?

Let me know your thoughts :) Ill keep you updated on how this goes x

i would wait til you get given it then tell them at least like you said if its permanent they can't go back. can't beleive you got sacked cos your pregnant have seen someone about takin action again you previous employer as that is illegal?? x x

Thats abit wrong sacking you cos your pregnant...very wrong.

Hope all goes well this afternoon hun x

It's illegal to be sacked for being pregnant, or to be discriminated against at an interview if you're pregnant. I would definitely wait until after being offered a job to tell them though.

While it's illegal and everything, it happens more often than not. Nobody wants to hire a pregnant woman (there are very rare exceptions) because you will be leaving in just 18 weeks and staying away for some time. I wouldn't tell until required by law.

I have spokent to the agecy and its temp contract to be reviewed 30th april. Buut i have spoken to agency and informed them i am pregnant, due date 15th april, but willing to work until 2 weeks prior to that. They said thats fine, its my decision if to tell the council about it. But i have agreed with agency if i get offered the role then I will tell them. If not then nothing lost :) x ill let you know its at 4pm eeek! x

I too am interviewing today and made the same decision about whether I would tell them or not. I don't know how it works where you are, but hubby works for EEOC here in the States. I would file a discrimination complaint against your other employer.

GOOD LUCK!

I would wait to tell them, then if they fire you it is purely discrimination, which is illegal

Well interview went really well, all positive nods, said i was the most skilled persom they have interviewed, would fit in best then one of the interviewers came out with " forgive me for being rude but are you pregnant?" well i will nevr lie i might not say it upfront but lieing is another thing so i said yes I am, but willing to work hard up until the 2 weeks before the due date and wish to put 100% in etc....needless to say i didnt get the job xx

Im sorry, that is really crummy. I hope you find something soon!

Well interview went really well, all positive nods, said i was the most skilled persom they have interviewed, would fit in best then one of the interviewers came out with " forgive me for being rude but are you pregnant?" well i will nevr lie i might not say it upfront but lieing is another thing so i said yes I am, but willing to work hard up until the 2 weeks before the due date and wish to put 100% in etc....needless to say i didnt get the job xx

sorry sweetie :( I know they can't discriminate by law but in reality it's just another story. Keep looking, if nothing else it would give you something to do. :hugs:

Thats really rubbish, especially as by the sound of it you would of been prefect for the job.

aw im sorry to hear u didnt get it hun!! keep looking....i was pretty sure i wouldnt get a job being 24 wks now but started my new job last monday after being unemployed for almost 4 months!.......i didnt tell them at the interview (but that was when i was only 12 wks) but had to fill out a health form and put it on that and told my manager on my first day...needless to say she was not impressed but since she has seen me work and that im good at my job she is now very supportive and arranging everything for me which is great........i hope im not just one of a lucky few cos i know how hard it is when u really need a job!

keep looking hun and hopefully something will come up! xxxxx all the best

Wow thats brill lucy!! Im happy for you hun. I am thinking I may just have to get a "normal" job if that makes sense cos what i'm used to doing wouldnt be good for me in current pregnancy. So I will have to try other things but i'm enjoying searching for the jobs if im honest :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->