Job interview tomorrow...need advice!

Well I just got back from the interview and it went good! Not sure if I got it yet or not, but I'm the only person he's interviewing and said he really likes me, so I'll hear from him tomorrow! When we got into talking he asked me where I was from, if i was married, etc, and the question came up of how many kids I have.... so I had to tell him. But, even after that he said he really liked me and it sounds like I got it....fingers crossed!

Well I just got back from the interview and it went good! Not sure if I got it yet or not, but I'm the only person he's interviewing and said he really likes me, so I'll hear from him tomorrow! When we got into talking he asked me where I was from, if i was married, etc, and the question came up of how many kids I have.... so I had to tell him. But, even after that he said he really liked me and it sounds like I got it....fingers crossed!

Sounds promising!!! Keep us posted!

Good luck - they don't tend to ask personal things like that in interviews in the UK but it's good that it seemed positive.

x

well done you :D keeping my fingers crossed for you! when do you find out? xx

I'm curious about this too, as I'm trying really hard to find a job - just graduated with an Elementary Education degree in May. Job hunting in my field is tough as it is, so I'm nervous about telling an interviewer I'm pregnant. However, I'd rather not lie and have an awkward situation later on, and potentially get fired for "something else". Plus, I'll be moving to another state, and don't want to sign a lease on an apartment and then risk losing my job. I'm only taking 6 weeks max too, because my husband is on disability and I'm really our only source of income. Anyway, please do let us know if you get the job! Good luck! :flower:

Good luck on getting the job! I'm glad it went well for you. I'm just finishing school, too, and a bit worried about getting a job. My hubby has been looking for a better job, so I wouldn't have to get one, but no luck with that, yet.

On a side note, it's actually not legal for him to ask you about your family like that. I mean, you could bring it up, but the interviewer can't ask about it.

I know he shouldn't have legally said it, but I could tell he wasn't being malicious about it.... just trying to be friendly and get to know me. I will let you all know if I get it, and good luck to you others looking for a job also!

I am in the same boat too...interviewing for jobs. Its a smaller town, and alot of people competing for the jobs....so I dont think I would tell them IN the interview (unless directly asked of course) but I think I would tell them if I was offered the job.

Maybe his heart was in the right place, but he's not allowed to ask you that. He should have just asked you to tell him about yourself...and ask follow up questions if you offered anything up.

I'm sure he found it very refreshing that you were so honest. Good luck. Let us know how it goes! :)

Well ladies, I just wanted to update - I GOT THE JOB! Yay!! THanks for all the advice everyone :)

Aww! That is so awesome! I read the post all the way through and I was going to be one of the ones to advise you to "wait until you got the job, then mention the baby" - then I read that it was only part-time and 2 days per week, so Im sure they will have no problem covering your maternity leave.
Unfortunately, I know all too well, from personal experience and from friends/family members experiences, employers in the US in the corporate business environment- especially if it is for a demanding full-time position, don't look to keenly on hiring pregnant employees. They don't even like it when their current employee's get pregnant! Sorry, I dont like companies that treat people unfairly - so I am super happy for you that you got the job! Being pregnant does not make you a less competent employee, but some employers have that mentality.

Sounds like you lucked out and got a job with a great place! Congrats again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->