jobs/money/arghhhh

teeny-j

Reaction score
i feel so down just now. :sad2:

when i found out i was pregnant and started being really ill i got sacked from my job. (been to see someone about that situation and nothing can be 'done' as i was only there a short time) my OH was very understanding and was more concerned that me and baby were ok. just this past week or so i have been feeling better. since i lost my job i have spent everything i have. sitting well in the red at the bank, now we are just living on OHs wage and its not going to last long. all i hear just now is how much money we are going through. now hes refusing to pay for things. my phone bill is due and he says its just not going to get paid, same with the net and land line. i went to the job centre and got told i wasnt entitled to anything as i was self employed before that last job and something to do with paying tax and national insurance means i dont get squat. so i'm going to have to look for a job. no one is going to take me on being 17 weeks pregnant. and we live in the middle of no where. which doent help. its not like there are a lot of options open to me. i just want to crawl into a hole n the ground and die just now. i think it would be a hell of a lot easier. :sad2:

Hi,

Could you try temping? I know at the moment you should be able to get a good flow of work with it being the holidays and you can get longer term contracts (3 months or so) that may last you until you are entitled to MA?

I have sympathy....last year at this time I was unemployed and it's soul-destroying, but something will come up. Just plaster your CV about and you never know what may come up.

Best of luck hun....tackle it head on and don't let it get on top of you. xx

Can you not get government maternity allowence for self employed and those between jobs?

maybe secret shopping or an avon lady! good money and flexible hours!

acording to the horrible woman at the job centre i'm not entitled to anything from anyone. i would do temping but the villages and small towns round about me dont have the need and the nearest city to me is nearly an hour away. we have 4x4s and its just not feesible(sp) for me to travel that far to work. i would probably be making a loss.

Are you sure you're not even entitled to contribution based job-seekers? I can understand not being entitled to income based, but I thought anyone who paid NI could get contribution based? Try your local citizen's advice bureau - they're often nicer than the w***ers at the job centre (sorry to the nice people who work at them but I am yet to meet you)

i was self employed then i was employed for 3 months. it is based on the last 2 years and cause i was self employed for almost all of it i dont have a leg to stand on. i have spoken to some on at citizens advice about getting sacked and also not being eligble for benefits. and cant do anything about being sacked as i was only there 3 months and i appealed about the decision on benefits and still got a big fat NO

Aaaw I am sorry you are experiencing this at a time when you should be enjoying your pregnancy. As one of the girls said it might be best to try temping since they wont discriminate there as most of their contracts are short term anyway. I wish you all the best xxx

would you not be entitled to income based Employment and support allowance? (its the new benefit thats took over incapacity and income support benefit) .Fingers crossed you get something sorted soon hunny x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->