Joe vs Rage

:rofl:

I'm sorry but all these shite programs designed to manufacture more and more shitty pop wannabee's should bogger off!

I'm sick of it!

Why should our charts be dominated by crap?? (I mean not that ANYTHING in the charts is good any other time of the year but still!) Why the hell should x-factor determine the christmas number 1????!

It pee'd me off reading this though :

WHATEVER THE RESULT, SIMON WINS

By Polly Hudson - The Mirror 18/12/2009

How tediously mean are the people trying to get Rage Against The Machine to top the Christmas charts? Joe deserves what all the other X Factor winners have had - a Christmas No.1. That way he's got something to look back on when he's all washed up and bitter (next month).

The super-annoying thing is that these campaigners - who in my head all look like Swampy - reckon they're trying to stop Simon Cowell making more money.

Firstly, I'm sure he won't notice. And second, they obviously haven't bothered checking what record company RATM are signed to. Simon Cowell's.

ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MONEY YOU SILLY BINT!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS TO DO WITH STOPPING A SHITE TELEVISION PROGRAM DOMINATING THE CHARTS WITH YET ANOTHER CRAP GARETH GATES CLONE!!!

:dohh:

Oh and I'm glad to see Macca is backing Rage too :rofl:

I also don't think Simon Cowell owns Sony, or maybe I'm wrong... I love the certainty that any X-factor winner actually deserves to get a Christmas no.1!

Simon Cowell owns a subsidiary company which belongs to Sony. Rage are signed to another such company. Sony do own both labels but neither has anything to do with the other. He doesn't own Sony.

Surely Disney are making as much money off the X-Factor single as Sony? Isn't it a Hannah Montana song?

And Joe technically has already had a number 1 single, that charity one they all did. He may be talented (I don't know, I don't watch the show) but he shouldn't automatically deserve a number 1. I don't think the show is really to do with the singers themselves as making Simon Cowell and co. more money.

Sorry for the rant, but the X Factor really annoys me!

Listened to RATM song last night on the radio, its my type of music so thought I'd like it....its a load of shite! If they're going to choose a song to beat the x factor one they could have at least chosen a decent one.

Either way we're going to have a crappy christmas number one:growlmad:

But people are buying it so why shouldn't he go to number one? He's only guaranteed a number one because so many people are buying it.

That's why its called pop music, 'popular'.

Im not a pop music fan particularly, but I dont think he should have his number 1 taken off him if he genuinely deserves it, Rage dont, people are only buying their music in protest.

x

I'm not, I actually like the song, have done for years but never actually owned it.

But you're right, a lot of people are buying the song to protest but why not? And Joe's got a million pound record contract so should have plenty of chances to get many number ones. Or does Simon Cowell not have confidence in his abilities?

People power in action!

I thought about this earlier.. and I think Simon Cowell could potentially make MORE money from this.

Think about it, those who don't like X Factor at No1 wouldn't have bought the X Factor single regardless of this going on. The ones who like it will.. And in the same way that lots of people are buying multiple copies of RATM, X Factor supporters will potentially buy MORE copies of the X Factor single to keep up with the No1 competition. True, it might stop him getting to No1, but he could be making extra money off the back of it.

I agree with this totally. I love little Joe but not too keen on his song. I have never downloaded a song before (well, I used to when it was free!) I just listen to them on youtube when I feel like it BUT I bought Joe just because I don't want RATM to be number one!!!

I don't mind the RATM song....I used to like them when I was at college and being a "mosher" was almost trendy lol but I just don't like the thought of a song like that being number one for christmas.

If whoever set up this plan had picked a different song to go against Joe....a christmassy one for example, then I would maybe think differently. (I would love Wham to be number one!! :blush: )

Joe all the way. Yes, so it'll be lining Simon Cowell's pockets yet again but poor Joe put his whole heart into that show and deserves success of a number one single. How many people actually want RATM as number one because they like the song? Not as many as ones who just want it there to prove a point to X Factor bosses I'm sure

I love Rage's music. There are thousands of excellent bands like Rage who never get near the charts who individually have far more talent that the majority of chart bands put together but because they are not mass-marketed pop don't get a look in. If the charts actually reflected good music and talented bands rather than marketing skill they would be of much more interest to the population aged over 15.

I'm loving this thread! So many different opinions and it's not getting heated! I just bought Killing in the name of again there! Have been thinking about this, and I don't think I would have bought it if it wasn't a song I didn't already love. Although I agree with the person who said they should have chosen a Christmassy song instead! Wizzard or Slade would have been lovely! Or what about the original BandAid song???

Oo yes Bandaid would be fun, though there was that new version, what, 5 years ago?

I actually quite like RATM's song. My DH is a massive fan of theirs, even has their name tattooed on his wrist. I've got to admit the type of music they do isn't really my thing but I've always liked that particular song.

I think it's good for Joe to have some competition. IMO he's not really a 'pop' singer and after hearing him being compared to Cliff Richard has put me right off (too many visions of him parading about in some hiddeious wolly jumpers). So I'd love RATM to beat him... also I'm a bit mean and want to make him cry :D

I would prefer RATM to Joe but in an ideal world neither one would have a chance at Christmas number one. Of the top of my head I know of 2 lovely Christmas songs for charity that would make lovely Christmas number ones but don't have a chance because they've just been ignored. Sir Terry Wogan and Aled Jones have released Silver Bells with some of the proceeds going to Children in Need. Last week they were just about in the top 20. The Soldiers have released 'A Soldier's Christmas Letter'. It's beautiful and always makes me cry. I'm sure it would have even more impact if you or one of your loved ones is or has been in the forces. 25p from every copy of this one sold goes to the Army Benevolent Fund. Obviously this won't have any impact on what the Christmas number 1 will be but thought you might like to hear them anyway! :flower:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavd8p8Rtzc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psuc1B2cPfc

Beca :wave:

Joe Won - The least he deserves is number one, for one week if anything.

RATM are shite, unless you would like to run in a mosh pit and scream your way through christmas day... and for me, i'd really rather not.

The song is good - but bad choice for a winners single as not everyone likes the original. Plus if i remember correctly, she only released it in June of this year, its not been out long enough.

So i'm going Joe for number one :) Hes a deserving winner, anyone but that bloody Olly is a deserving winner, i think i may have killed myself had he won.... Hes crap, beyond crap :)

I love RATM and would quite happily spend Christmas Day in a mosh pit :D

Joe Won - The least he deserves is number one, for one week if anything.

RATM are shite, unless you would like to run in a mosh pit and scream your way through christmas day... and for me, i'd really rather not.

The song is good - but bad choice for a winners single as not everyone likes the original. Plus if i remember correctly, she only released it in June of this year, its not been out long enough.

So i'm going Joe for number one :) Hes a deserving winner, anyone but that bloody Olly is a deserving winner, i think i may have killed myself had he won.... Hes crap, beyond crap :)

Well said!:haha:

If people had chosen a Xmas song I'd understand it and probably support it or if joe was singing a christmas song that would be better! I really think the Christmas number 1 should have something to do with Xmas. I can't stand the ratm song at all and I'm not gonna buy it as a protest or anything. I buy songs cos I like them and as I don't like either song I've not bought them

wow can't beleive they actually did it!! yeooo for RATM!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->