Join me in My Bradley Method Experiance,

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
:hi: ladies!

I am mainly doing this for myself as I would like to actually keep up with my activities and exercises each day. If you are not familiar with the Bradley Method, it is a way to prepare a mother and a coach for natural child birth. The success rate is something like 96% of woman go without meds if pursing (and maintaining) this method.

This is VERY much a husband/coach led method. Therefore, i am having my husband (my coach) encourage me in my day-to-day exercises and activities. This method is about REALLY preparing for natural birth, hence, NOW is the time to start.

If you would like to follow me, feel free :thumbup: If you would like to learn the [easy] exercises and activities, EVEN better! :dance: You can even do this if you are planning on using medication as pain management in birth. I really believe this can aid GREATLY in the delivery process, no matter what type of pain management is used.

So read, cheer me on, cheer yourself and other BnB ladies on! :yipee: Stalk, have fun, and experience the Bradley Method with me if you would like :friends:

P.S. the activities/exercises intensify each week. I will give you what my class recommends [example: do __ exercise 3X per day]. I will also be using this as a check list. :flower:

:flow:The "CHEER ME ON" List:flow:

:bodyb:Guppy051078:bodyb:
Isaiah Joseph born on September 4th, 2010 @ 9:17AM
:bodyb:E&Ls mummy:bodyb:
:bodyb:SarahMelissa:bodyb:
Max Jordan born on June 23rd, 2010 @ 5:48PM
:bodyb:Jetters:bodyb:
:bodyb:Inic1970:bodyb:
:bodyb:gina8177:bodyb:
:bodyb:hpjagged:bodyb:
:bodyb:flower94:bodyb:
:bodyb:Em_Maryland:bodyb:
:bodyb:Blessed1:bodyb:
:bodyb:madasa:bodyb:
Baby Girl born on June 8th, 2010 @ 2:34AM
:bodyb:ryder:bodyb:
:bodyb:kaaty:bodyb:
:bodyb:elixir:bodyb:
:bodyb:mamato2more:bodyb:
:bodyb:Kita:bodyb:
:bodyb:ModernMillie:bodyb:
:bodyb:nightkd:bodyb:
Evelyn Rose born on June 21st, 2010
:bodyb:buttonnose82:bodyb:
:bodyb:terrie0617:bodyb:
:bodyb:want2Bamommy:bodyb:
:bodyb:xprincessx:bodyb:
:bodyb:starsunshine:bodyb:
:bodyb:mrav1:bodyb:

souds like a fab idea.....if i wasnt having a planned C-section i would be joining in with you.

souds like a fab idea.....if i wasnt having a planned C-section i would be joining in with you.

Well, even with a C-section you could totally do these :D (if you want to of course). Getting a C-Section isn't easy on the body either, im sure it would help with the healing process. Its totally up to you though :friends: no pressure :flower:

Well, even with a C-section you could totally do these :D (if you want to of course). Getting a C-Section isn't easy on the body either, im sure it would help with the healing process. Its totally up to you though :friends: no pressure :flower:

annnnnnd off i go to google :haha: *woddle woddle*

***UPDATE*** feel free to look over this post, however, if you are keeping up with the exercises and lessons the most recent (week #2) is on post #70, page 7. Be sure to check it out!!!

Relaxation is key!!!!​

To get yourself motivated [and to remember to actually make time for the exercises/activities] talk to your DH/Coach about encouraging you and reminding you to do them. TRUST ME, once baby is ready to arrive, you will be VERY thankful you took the time to do these :thumbup:

The way this will work, I will give you the "General Assignments" for each week and explain them. (each exercise increases and "intensifies" each week). Then I (or "we" if you are participating) will do them daily.:thumbup:

Make sure you MASTER all of these. They will DEF help!!!

Relaxation: 10 minutes 2X a day

Walking: 5 minutes 1x a day

Tailor Sitting: OFTEN (as much as you can do)

Squat: OFTEN (as much as you can do)

Butterfly: (3) 1x a day

Pelvic Rock: (10) 4x a day PLUS 20 at bedtime

Kegel: 50x a day​

[click pictures to enlarge]

~ To RELAX "properly", learn this position. It is one of the best positions for the body as it allows optimal blood flow and circulation to the baby, is calming, and doesn't stress any one part of the body. (btw, this is *technically* called "Side Relaxation and Sleep Position"). Excellent for pain management while in labor. If you want, play some relaxing music and turn the lights on low (or off if you prefer).

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/th_001-1.jpg
I know my left arm looks uncomfortable, but its really not. I promise. Just something to get used to and your limbs wont fall asleep.

Start on your
side with both knees slightly bent and the top leg forward. Your pillow should be at an angle under your head and breast *note, your head should be laying flat. It should not be tilted, change pillows if necessary* Place your bottom arm behind you.​
At first, having the arm behind you is a little awkward, but you will get used to it in no time :thumbup: Just stick with it.​

~ TAILOR SITTING, do this as often as you can throughout your day. And make sure you are sitting up straight. This will help with posture. Commonly known as "Indian Style" or "Cris-Cross Apple Sauce".

tailor sitting.jpg
Sit on the floor or firm pillow with your legs crossed. Remember good posture. Variation is good, lean forward or backward against something, stretch your legs occasionally. Change position often. *DO NOT SLOUCH*​

~SQUAT, as with Tailor Sitting, do this one as much as possible, especially when you are bending over to pick something up. Let your coach/DH help you when you need help from the growing tummy :winkwink: This is a VERY common position to give birth in, and is one of the best because it naturally aligns the body, and shortens the birth canal (making your job easier), so if you have to master one, this would def. be it :thumbup:

Squat.jpg

Start by standing straight, with legs comfortably apart. Next, bend knees slightly & tuck hips under (to relieve pressure on the lower back). Then, bend forward (to help keep uterus forward) and squat, keeping the heals on the floor *note, i still can't get my heels flat on the floor, so while you are teaching your body to do this, you can place a pillow or a blanket under the middle of your feet (heels) so that you just arn't wobbly on your ankles. then once you build up the strength, remove the items and try getting your heels flat on the floor, may take a bit of practice. You can also hang on to something(like a bar or your DH) to help until you've gained the flexibility to have feet flat.* When coming up, do so tail-first halfway, then place hands on legs (to help support lower back) as you come up the rest of the way.

~BUTTERFLY, This is especially great to learn because it reduces shaking and unnecessary pain during the 2nd stage of labor. It conditions the abductor muscles and enables you to pull your legs back better during delivery. *Your DH will need to assist you with this*

Butterfly.jpg

Sit on the floor leaning your back against a wall or furniture with knees up and feet together, flat on the floor. Coach/DH places flats of hands on the outside of your knees and applies resistance while you try to open your legs. Legs only need to go down as far as comfortable.

~ PELVIC ROCK, this exercise is HIGHLY beneficial!!! Make sure you master it! It tones and conditions the lower back and abdominal muscles, relieves pressure (very helpful during late pregnancy and during labor), increases circulation, and improves digestion. This will also help the baby come forward, relieving pressure.

pelvic tiltsjpg.jpg

In hands and knees position (hands and knees should form a box), relax lower back, allowing pelvis to tilt forward (comfortably), then level and tuck hips under (do slowly and rhythmically with control). This should only be moving the lower part of the body. You coach/DH can place his hand on your lower back apply light pressure. Doing these before bed can help you and baby sleep more comfortably.

the relaxation side of things would be handy.....its really hard being at the hospital and waiting for your turn and freaking out slighty. and also im hoping the relaxation will help with BF as ive not got a track record with that.

sweet. Im trying to explain everything (just taking me a while to edit the post, so keep checking back if you wanna :thumbup:)

ALSO, LADIES *important* i take NO credit for the writings on the exercises from this thread. I must credit the author to avoid copyright infringement.

the name of the book is called "THE BRADLEY METHOD" it's by Marjie Hathaway, AAHCC Jay Hathaway, AAHCC & James Hathaway, AAHCC

Sounds good, i will be following and joining in with you, i hope im not too late to start

It sounds good, wish I had a DH to help me out *eye roll*

Good luck Guppy!

Nope, not too late SarahMelissa! :D ... im probably a little early actually :blush:

Jetters, use your cute little face and bribe him :rofl: JK, you can do it! :D

hi :)

im joining you & following this thread, sounds great. Im aiming for VBA2C so am open to trying as much as I can which will help x

Great to have ya Inic! Good luck with your VBAC! Im sure this will really help :D

Okay, so thus far today, i have done most of the exercises. Just need to do some more pelvic tilts/rocks. 20 more at bedtime.

CHECK LIST for Saturday February 20th, 2010:

[X] Relaxation #1
[X] Relaxation #2
[ ] Walking (may be unable to do because it's 0 degrees outside, asthma acts up :wacko:)
[X] Tailor Sitting
[X] Squat
[X] Butterfly
[X] Pelvic Rock #1
[X] Pelvic Rock #2
[X] Pelvic Rock #3
[X] Pelvic Rock #4
[ ] Pelvic Rock @ Bedtime
[X] Kegel

*My Add-Ons* (these are things i personally want to work on. I am going to alternate between two preggo DVDs. One is called "Preggie Bellies, which requires a birthing ball. The other is called "Prenatal Yoga". You can do whatever DVD or workout at the gym that you want, hell you don't even have to do this part. But i am because i really want to build up my flexibility and strength :thumbup:)

Pick One to do each day:

[ ] Preggie Bellies
[ ] Prenatal Yoga

Ladies, if you dont mind im going to start a list of names on the first thread so we can cheer each other on! Good luck!!!

I would love to join, I think this is a great idea!!!

I'm joining and watching this thread :D Sounds like a good idea, as I'm hoping for at home, water birth :)

welcome! :flow:
I too am hoping for a water birth! I hear some very good things, and frankly I find the water soothing. :thumbup:
I will add you both to the front page :D

Awesome & welcome! :friends:

Okay ladies, im going to get my last relaxation in for the night, and then maybe work on the rest of the checklist. I dont know about y'll but i for one am very thrilled that these exercises only take a few minutes! :thumbup:

Just to give you ladies an idea on music for the relaxation, this is what i am currently trying. It worked great. youtube.com has plenty of relaxation music so listen to whatever you like best...or dont listen to anything at all if you prefer the quiet. :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_y8w2FSIPo&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C72027z1kmA&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2_TTKk7Us0&feature=related

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back