July/August IUIs

raelynn

Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm starting a new IUI cycle for baby #2. Anyone else going through an IUI cycle this month and want to go through it together?

Progress Report (As of 8/26/14)
beaglemom -taking a couple months off to secure financing for IVF
Babywhisperer -
JCM - BCP until 8/25 to shrink cysts then IVF #1
kjg123 - femera cycle #3, CD12 bloodwork and ultrasound on 8/26
Mikihob - taking a couple months off to secure financing for IVF
MomOf3Girls - IUI on 8/26, beta 9/9
Raelynn - IUI on 8/20, beta 9/8

Hi Raelynn - I'm going through my first IUI this cycle. I just completed my CD 3 bloodwork and ultrasound and will start clomid tonight. I'm excited and slightly terrified! We're doing 100mg clomid CD 3-7, ovidrel trigger shot and IUI. Where are you in the process?

I barely did mine as well, but it was June 29th. It was my first. Good luck ladies, I'm extremely nervous/afraid of it failing/still hopeful.

Day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound are tomorrow for me. I'm doing 50mg clomid CD 5-9 this round since that is what we did last time for baby #1. I'm excited and nervous too! I have PCOS and my periods are wonky and this one is super light so I'm hoping that the clomid works like it did last time and gets everything back on track for the IUI.

Ltruns - Good luck!

Are you ladies planning to test out the trigger on HPTs or just wait for the bloodwork? I ended up ovulating without a trigger last time but I plan on testing it out anyway since I don't think I can survive the 2ww without testing on my own :)

Day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound are tomorrow for me. I'm doing 50mg clomid CD 5-9 this round since that is what we did last time for baby #1. I'm excited and nervous too! I have PCOS and my periods are wonky and this one is super light so I'm hoping that the clomid works like it did last time and gets everything back on track for the IUI.

Ltruns - Good luck!

Are you ladies planning to test out the trigger on HPTs or just wait for the bloodwork? I ended up ovulating without a trigger last time but I plan on testing it out anyway since I don't think I can survive the 2ww without testing on my own :)

I'm waiting it out..and going crazy thinking about it. I took Femara 5-9 too and produced only two follicles so I hope they were enough! I hope your cycles get better!

Last time I only had 2 follicles too and only one really mature one and I got pregnant so all you need is one! Good luck!

Ltruns - Good luck!

How was your day 3 bloods/ultrasound? All good to go?

All good. Antral follicle count was 50 (mine is always high) No cysts. And bloodwork came back with estradiol at 67. I'm starting 50mg of clomid Friday night. Its starting to feel real now!

Raelyn that's exciting that you're starting tomorrow! I'm on day 2 now and no real side effects yet.

Ltruns - when will you go in for your blood test results? I'm also going to try not to test before the bloodwork but that may be wishful thinking!

Hi raelynn. Exciting for Clomid start today!! Do you take them in the morning or at night? I always take mine at night to lessen the side effects. Your IUI is soon, how exciting!!

I just did my IUI yesterday! I thought about testing my trigger out, but thought I would drive myself nuts. Plus, after testing OPK's three times a day for a week, I am done POAS.....for now. :haha: I will wait it out until July 16 for my HPT. At least I will try.

I hope that Clomid works for you again and you can conceive first time!! :happydance:

Raelyn that's exciting that you're starting tomorrow! I'm on day 2 now and no real side effects yet.

Ltruns - when will you go in for your blood test results? I'm also going to try not to test before the bloodwork but that may be wishful thinking!

Raelyn fingers crossed that the clomid goes well.

Lala, I am going in for progesteron draw on the 7th and blood pregnancy test on 7/14. Seems like forever to wait. But, I am a teacher and July is my last month off before two a days and meetings so I am not really wishing it would fly by. Part of me want to be out of the tww, but part of me still wants my summer! lol

Hello everyone!

I did IUI #5 yesterday...this was my 2nd with the RE & injections. They upped my follistim for more eggs & it worked. I had 3 at 16 & 1 at 14. Based on my cramping yesterday, I know I had more than 1. I could barely walk. Sadly, my husband's post wash was lower than it has ever been at 500,000. We were devastated. Over the past 6 months his count has only gone up. No idea what to think except maybe a fluke...or not enough time between BD & IUI (36+ hrs). Still holding out hope that the extra eggs will help out. I do plan to test out my trigger. I do not want any doubt when I test for the real thing. If this one does not work, IUI #6 will be my last before moving on to IVF.

We did BD the night of trigger & early this morning...hoping that is enough!

Good luck everyone!

Oh & I am doing brazil nuts, dark chocolate, pomogranate juice, & pineapple core to help with implantation.

Anyone else have any tricks they have heard about?

Miki - I didn't have any side effects with the clomid last time but they want me to take it at night this time just in case.

Ltruns - My sis is a teacher so I know all about trying to make the most out of your summer. Hopefully time doesn't just fly by so you feel like you got a bit of a break but doesn't crawl either.

Beaglemom - Hopefully upping the meds did the trick! I haven't done any at home remedy type things to help out other than just trying to keep myself healthy. I have insulin resistance so just trying to keep my blood sugar in the normal range is tough. I wouldn't mind a little extra chocolate in my diet though :)

Hey ladies, do u mind if I join u?
I am starting my second natural iui this month. Got my first monitoring scan and blood next week on Thursday, currently I am CD 5.
My first iui failed and I have finished feeling sorry for myself and ready to move on from it. I guess it was a good learning curve for me.
My nurse thought my consultant would want me to have meds this time but he said I did so well on my own and my body did exactly what it was supposed to on it's own that he is having me do it without the meds again. Kind of feel proud of myself for that!
I have unexplained fertility issues, I can get pregnant but have early losses. Hubby has a low sperm count making conception difficult but we got 10mil for first iui which they said was good.
I am having progesterone but it will not start until I get a bfp as my consultant does not want me to have ot before that time.

Hoping this second iui will work. I am very lucky and I am having three iui and one ivf on the nhs so I really need one of them to succeed.

Good luck to us all xx

Welcome Sally!

I understand the "getting over feeling sorry for myself". After my second failed IUI I was just a ball of depressed goo. I couldn't seem to shake the sadness and gnawing fear that I would never be a mommy. I finally snapped myself out of it. DH helped by making sure I knew that we would not give up. It's all so hard.

I hope your scan and blood work goes smoothly and you have a successful IUI. Keep us posted!!

Welcome Sally! That is great that your body does so well on its own. That is a challenge all on its own. My body could go anywhere from 35-100+ days in between periods without the help of clomid. Hopefully they can figure out a way to maintain the pregnancy too. I know progesterone is supposed to help with that. Best of luck this cycle!

Hey ladies, do u mind if I join u?
I am starting my second natural iui this month. Got my first monitoring scan and blood next week on Thursday, currently I am CD 5.
My first iui failed and I have finished feeling sorry for myself and ready to move on from it. I guess it was a good learning curve for me.
My nurse thought my consultant would want me to have meds this time but he said I did so well on my own and my body did exactly what it was supposed to on it's own that he is having me do it without the meds again. Kind of feel proud of myself for that!
I have unexplained fertility issues, I can get pregnant but have early losses. Hubby has a low sperm count making conception difficult but we got 10mil for first iui which they said was good.
I am having progesterone but it will not start until I get a bfp as my consultant does not want me to have ot before that time.

Hoping this second iui will work. I am very lucky and I am having three iui and one ivf on the nhs so I really need one of them to succeed.

Good luck to us all xx

Hey sally! I recognize you from other threads :) we must have a lot similar early in the IUI process..I'm glad you're feeling more positive. Hope this cycle works out good!

Beagle- maybe the numbers for the IUI won't be as big a deal since you BD so much before. It only takes 1, and it sounds like your follies are awesome.

I'm still tww. Almost 7 dpiui and will test progesterone Monday.any questions you all think I should ask about progesterone? Does anyone know what they look for/or what's a good sign with the levels?

Some twinges going on today...I will be starting the progesterone suppositories tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->