Jump start cycle

Kblount13

Reaction score
Hello :hi:

Does anyone have PCOS and has gone 6 months w/o having a period?? That's my current situation and it's really making me worried :sad2: We've been TTC since Oct. 2013, but nothing is happening. I'm currently on Metformin 500mg and I have a pelvic ultrasound this Tuesday coming up. Anyone ever tried the at home remedies for jump starting your period such as drinking ginger tea, eating a certain fruits...ect.?! HELP!!!!!!

Can you ask your doc to give you meds to kick start your cycle? Ik some ladies have used that option. We I got off depo I used teas to start af but they never worked she came when she wanted (witch! Lol) ik some ladies take provera to kick start there cycle. Might be worth googling then giving the doc a ring on Monday
Sorry I can't be of more help hun

I've never tried the natural remedies. My OB has prescribed me provera in the past when my AF was out of wack.

I was always prescribed prometruim or provera to kick start a cycle. Typically they will prescribe it every 3 months or so as your body does need to get cleared out every once in a while. I would talk to your doctor as about it and also ask about clomid or femara as you are obviously not ovulating very often at all.

GL!

I was always prescribed prometruim or provera to kick start a cycle. Typically they will prescribe it every 3 months or so as your body does need to get cleared out every once in a while. I would talk to your doctor as about it and also ask about clomid or femara as you are obviously not ovulating very often at all.

GL!

Can I still get pregnant on provera ?

You just take provera to help induce a period and then you'd have to wait to ovulate in order to get pregnant. If you are not ovulating (or if you're only ovulating a few times a year) then you should ask your doctor about clomid or femara (both are ovulation inducers).

GL to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->