jumperoo question

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by trish1200, Dec 27, 2009.

1. trish1200

trish1200 Well-Known Member

David got a jumperoo for Christmas, he enjoys playing with the toys but doesn't know how to bounce. We have to bounce it for him, which he really likes, but that's not the point of it. How long did it take your LO's to do it and how did you teach them?:shrug:

2. elly75

elly75 Guest

Our little guy was pushing off of people's legs when they were holding him so I'm not too sure how he figured that one out. When we saw him doing this, we picked up a Jolly Jumper shortly after which he enjoyed. However, we're finding the Jumperoo has more activities for him to do while jumping.

With the Jumperoo that you have, does it make noise or music when the little one 'jumps'? I know it took Christian a while to figure out that if he jumps, it'll play the music.

3. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

It didnt take Alex long to figure it out, jsut keep putting him in, he will get it :)

4. dom85

dom85 Mum of 2, 3rd on the way

Is he in the right position in it? They should just have their toes touching the ground not their whole foot. When you first set it up it's in the lowest setting for shorter babies, you can adjust the straps so he's held up higher.

5. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

He will realise on his own, don't worry :)

6. Ma petite

Ma petite Jes, Mommy to Eli

OT: But I've noticed a lot of mommies on here that are doing the Jumperoo's instead of exersaucers -- is there a reason? Person preference? Benefit to the baby? Eli has an exersaucer made into a car that he loves. My parents got him a new one but it's huge and I'm thinking of replacing it. Just curious if the Jumperoo is the right direction?

7. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

We got Connah a jumperoo and the moment we put him in it he started bouncing! Now he likes everything to bounce,he has a door bouncer too which he loves but he also has a learn and groove activitly station and he tries to get that to bounce too :dohh:

Im sure David will get the hang of it :D xx

8. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

about a week, hewoke up one morning and just got it lol

9. Happy

Happy Mummy to Phoebe

It just happened one day and now you cant stop her bouncing!