Jumperoo - worth the money?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Louppey, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

My LO is starting to get bored and frustrated on her playmat, she much prefers to be sat up or standing (in her bumbo/on us/in her door bouncer).

I'm debating buying her a jumperoo, but want to know what people think of them? Are they worth the money? It's going to be the most expensive "toy" type thing we've ever bought her so i'm a little uneasy about it incase she hates it :haha:

Any thoughts / opinions welcome :flower:

Oh, and what age can they be used up to realistically?

Thanks !!!

2. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

Ours entertains LO for ages, he's been in it for 15 mins while I have my dinner and hopefully it will keep him happy while I wizz round with the hoover so for me its well worth it. Also if he's sleepy but fighting it I put him in and it sends him to sleep.

3. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

I got mine for £30 from ebay, just needed a wipe over but it wasnt rediculously dirty just dusty where she had kept it in garage..

Worth every penny but i wouldnt spend £100 odd on one. X

4. MilitaryMummy

MilitaryMummy Mum to Macie Brooke xxx

Macie can still go in hers now but doesnt anymore really.
    For me it was more than worth it as she used to love it, BUT i got mine for free! I doubt i would have gone out and spent 80 odd quid on one!!!!!
    But she did love it.... have you got a friend who has one that you could try LO in first to see if she likes it? xx

5. oliviarose

oliviarose Well-Known Member

For us it hasn't been brilliant, Harrison stays in it for about 5 mins before he is bored.

But the reason I got it was because of all the great reviews I read about it.

I got mine second hand thou, as I think they are very overpriced. I paid £45 for mine and hopefully should get my money back when I come to sell it.

Maybe have a look on eBay or your local paper??

6. Wirral_Kitty

Wirral_Kitty Well-Known Member

I paid the full £100 for it and I dont think its worth the money. My LO loves it but she is only in it for around 15 mins a day and it takes up soo much room because it is truly massive. I would have a look on eBay if I were u and get a second hand one. I cant wait to sell it on and have some space in my lounge back.

7. N1kki

N1kki Guest

get one that goes from that to a walker be worth the investment

8. jenny_wren

jenny_wren Queen Spammatha

i paid £60 a few years back for
    a second hand one on here, totally
    worth it imo

:thumbup:

i wouldn't spend 90 odd on it though

:wacko:

9. Louppey

I didn't realise one like that existed? Where can I get it from?

So far, i've seen one on play.com which is £75. Hmm, I really expected everyone to say yes go for it :thumbup: So now i'm torn. DH has a bee in his bonnet about getting one second hand, so i'd have to get new :wacko:

Is there anything else that will tide LO over til she reaches an age where she's crawling etc...

Tbh i'm also worried if I get one, and she likes it, she'll be in it all the time and this may stop her crawling sooner? Am I being crazy LOL

10. N1kki

N1kki Guest

try mothercare :)

11. Louppey

Thanks hun! Will have a looksie at the weekend :D

12. charli87

charli87 Chloes Mummy

13. Louppey

Thanks hun. You know I think I should go for it, but I may try and convince DH to get one 2nd hand. It's not like she's going to be in it forever!!!!

That video is so cute!!! Looks like she loves it :D

14. pink_rulez

pink_rulez Mummy to Sophie & bump

I would recommend it, I also got it second hand 36.00 from eBay, lo will only stay in it 10min tops, but at least I can have a wee lol x

15. sweetcheeks78

sweetcheeks78 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

We bought a new one, paid full price and would do it again if given the choice. LO loved it, and used it until he was about 14 months. It was a great safe place to elave him that he loved while I did some chores or had a shower. Definitely worth the money in my opinion

16. skydragonfly

skydragonfly Well-Known Member

I've got the same one Charli 87 has got, I paid £65 for it from babies r us when it was on offer. I would not pay anymore than that. Atticus is only 20 weeks and getting bored with it, after 5 minutes he wants to come out. He has recently started combat crawling and wants to be on the floor into everything so maybe thats why he gets frustrated in it.
    The other thing, Atti is a tall baby and already on the 3rd height setting now so wont get much more use out of it anyway.

The upside of the one I have is that it takes apart easily. The top part comes off the base so its easier to store.

17. skydragonfly

skydragonfly Well-Known Member

Sorry for going off topic but I love your little ones name. I always wanted a Douglas but my sister got there first. I have a 14 year old nephew Douglas and i'm still bitter she got the name lol.

18. Hayley90

Hayley90 Complete

worth every penny!!!! x

19. PinkyPonk

PinkyPonk Evie & Connies mummy <3

its good but you can't put a baby in a walker afterwards, I put Evie in a walker after and she kept bouncing in it, I thought it was going to break :haha:

20. Lollip0p

Lollip0p Well-Known Member

Yes, it has always kept my lo entertained whilst eating or dinner or just to sit down for two mins.

I do think they are very expensive though, so maybe get it second hand or look for some very good deals. I got ors from tesco last year for lo for xmas and i managed to get it for £45

my oh keeps telling me we need to think about selling it to make room for los birthday presents, but i think i will have to keep the jumperoo forever (well until we have another another lo) they also hold their value too so when your lo is too old for it you will be able to make your money back on it. X