Just a few drinks?

I know a few people who's had more than 3 or 4 beers while pregnant, luckily no problems have resulted in it.

You obviously know the dangers, but 3 or 4 is rather alot. I agree with the alcohol free beer suggestion.

For me, there was a night very early on in my pregnancy when I didn't know, I had a drink and it just tasted vile.

Personally I only drink to get drunk ( when I get the chance) I've never really enjoyed drinking for any other reason so the 1 or 2 drinks was just pointless for me.

Hope you enjoy your party :)

3 or 4 sounds a lot to me but its totally up to you. My OB said its fine to have a glass of red wine. My DH and I are going out to dinner with friends for New Year's and I am planning to have 1 glass of wine. Happy New Year everyone!

i will be passing on the drinks, you do what you choose, inevitably you are the one that has to live with that choice if anything bad goes wrong.. I have seen both sides. people drink and nothing bad happen and the occasional drink lead to FAS.. if you have ever witnessed a poor baby with FAS you would not even consider it.

Well ladies I tried to have a glass of wine last night. I took one sip and could not drink the rest. It just didn't taste good at all!

Yep, I took a couple of teeny sips of the husband's champers and it certainly didn't tickle my fancy!

The fairy cakes I just made are though...

Well ladies I tried to have a glass of wine last night. I took one sip and could not drink the rest. It just didn't taste good at all!

Ha, I know I would be the same - people keep telling me that it's fine to have "just one glass" and I'm like, get the hell away from me, it will make me puke! :haha: I don't even have to consider whether I would have a drink or not because just the thought of it makes me feel ill :nope:

Ive read so many things that say, an occasional drink is ok, having a glass of wine/beer everyday is fine, having a few drinks one time during pregnancy is ok.

So I'm sure this has already been said but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents! :)

It's definitely NOT okay to drink a glass of wine or beer every day while pregnant.

I think everything is fine in moderation (except drugs). Heck, I drink coffee every day and have no plans of stopping but I think alcohol every day is a possible recipe for disaster!

I have heard that it's okay to drink wine (I think specifically, red wine) because of something in the grapes...better for blood flow...not exactly sure but that's all I've heard was okay.

I had one sip of champagne last night. I feel very guilty, like I may have put my baby at risk but I'm almost positive it did no harm. Wish I could have had more though! :)

It's only 9 months!

Personally I won't be drinking during pregnancy. I think a few sips here and there won't do any harm, but 3 or 4 drinks is quite a lot in my opinion.

It's your life, but I think it's worth the sacrifice to give up the drinking for 9 months to ensure your baby doesn't end up with fetal alcohol syndrome. My FIL is a teacher and he's seen the effects of FAS on kids and it's not pretty.

I could murder a glass of vino at the moment but for me I feel as though I'd rather wait until bubs is born. I personally don't feel it's appropriate to drink whilst pregnant, not worth taking any risks but that's just my own opinion, it's up to each individual what they do. No offense to anyone who has a different opinion to myself x

I think that sounds rather a lot to be honest. Last night, I decided to have half a guinness to bring in the new year, but after 2 sips, I couldn't drink it! I definately would not have 4 or 5 and won't be drinking anything else throughout the pregnancy, I just don't think it's worth the risk. However, as others have said it is a personal choice and no one can tell you what to do. I hope you enjoyed your party whatever you decided to do!

Em x

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't even have a sip of alcohol during pregnancy. I have spent a lot of time with kids with FAS and have seen the effects of alcohol on babies. There have been enough studies to show that there is no known safe amount of alcohol during pregnancy, and I want to know that if something is wrong with my child when he/she is born, that I didn't do anything to contribute to it. I guess the question is, if something should happen, are you going to be okay with knowing it could have been because you had a few drinks just to enjoy an evening? Answer that question and then decide if it is worth it. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong answer, that's for each person to decide for themselves.

So, everyone. The party went....well, lets say. Lots of drama with my relentless roomate but thats to be expected. I had 1 beer and that was all. It was definitely depressing to watch everyone getting hammered. There was thoughts in the back of my head about wishing I could drink, but I knew better. Keep in mind, my pregnancy was not planned and I had this party planned for months before I knew I was preggers. So, all in all, I think everything went well. I have pretty good self control and lived up to my word of 1 beer. Thank you, everyone, for the opinions. I honestly appreciated them....

Aw well done you!

And yes it can be crap to watch others getting drunk but then your gonna be a mum so need to look out for you and baby.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Indeed. I felt a little left out but I got over that once I was screaming at my roomate all night lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->