Just a lil' bit of encouragement......... :)

Tarabay

Mammy to a lovely boy! :)
Reaction score
Hi all!! Wasn't sure whether to put this post here or in 'assisted conception' anyway, I just wanted to get some info about clomid........

I started my first cycle this month, I took 50mg clomid on days 1-5! Everywhere I look i See people that take it from day 3+ so has anyone taken 50mg days 1-5 and had success?! As far as I know I ovualte on my own, I do opks and I get a positive every month and my gynae scanned me about 5 months ago and she was able to tell that I did ovualte that cycle!

Think I am just looking for some reassurance really! I am going for a scan on Friday which will be cd9 to check how many follicles are there and then back on cd21 for bloods! I really hope this helps us finally get our 2 lovely pink lines! :)))))

I dont have any experience sorry but wanted to wish you luck with your ttc journey - hope you see those special lines quickly! X

I haven't taken it on day 1 but have been advised to take it days 2-6, so not much help here, sorry!

Wishing you luck for Friday - let us know how it goes! :flower:

(Are you in the UK? My consultant doesn't do scans whilst on clomid! :()

Thanks ladies!

Whigfield, have you taken clomid beofre?! When are u starting?!

Yes I'm in the uk, I go to a private gynae but she is only doing the cd10 scan and cd21 bloods for the first month to make sure 50mg is the right dosage!

I'm quite excited to start trying now on clomid! My DH had a SA done las weekend and they gave us the results on a piece of paper, we didn't understand any of it but it looked terrible- said he had 95% abnormal form so 4 days later I got speaking to the clinic that done it and the embryologist told us it was perfectly normal and we could breath a big sigh of relief and to go ahead with the clomid!! That was scary!!!

Yep! I caught first time last time but it sadly ended in m/c (though that had nothing whatsoever to do with the clomid!). I took mine days 3-7 that time and ovulated day 13. Was getting positive OPKs from day 9. This was on 50mg too!

I start as soon as I am blessed with an AF which I'm hoping will be in the next few days. :haha:

Was it very expensive to go private? Could I ask how much it all costs if you don't mind me asking? :flower:

I'm excited too! Are you doing anything else special this cycle? I'm on metformin as well (I have PCOS) but have just ordered some softcups and pre-seed as well. :flower:

That is very scary about the SA. It's typical isn't it - they never explain anything! When my OH had his last SA he had one of his results measuring at 49% and a big "abnormal" was stamped on the sheet with no explanation. When querying it with a doctor he reassured us it was actually normal and nothing to worry about! :dohh:

Oh my word, SA was def a very scary experience for us! And my gynae wants him to do it again just to confirm the results! But I will question her about this on Friday cuz it cost £100 for the SA! I am so impatient I can't bare to wait on NHS waiting lists!

I started opks yesterday in fear that I would ovulate extremely early! Neg both yesteryear and today but this evenings (I'm doing two a day) was darker than this mornings, so will see what tomorrow brings! DH cracks up at all the opks I do!

No I don't mind you asking at all- my initial appointment was after I had my second mc, this cost me £300! £150 for the appointment and £150 for an internal scan- soooo worth it as she told me I had a severe infection in my womb and I needed a d&c right away! She brought me in the next day for it! She told me that the 2nd mc was caused by the first not being dealt with correctly! So anyway, after that every time I see her it costs me between £120-£150 I do think it is worth it! I cold ring for an appointment and get it that day! I have actually paid just to get some reassurance from her! WHEN I get my bfp I will stay with her for my pregnancy care!

I think I will try pre-seed this cycle! I have tried it before but i wasn't sure about the inserting it right in, so we just used it as a lube! But I am gna try to do it internally this time! But that's all we tryn, well apart from the vitamins, we are both taking pregnacare (hubby takes them religiously, me- when I remember) also I take 75g aspirin a day! Think I take that to do with the mc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->