Just a quick Q

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
I'm really squimish, i cant bare thr thought of a C-section and i hate not being able to do the hoovering etc when ever i like... so im hoping a normal birth is down the pipe line for me.. however... if you did need stitches, how imobile are you?

Might sound silly but my family live 100 miles away and i have my heart set on going home for Christmas. However, other half dosent drive, so that leaves me to drive... But i just dont know how i would if i had to have stitches. I think it might be an idea to get my family to drive up and pick me up with chris and the baby

However, would i be fit to travel do you think? my due date is the 7th, in which to be honest id rather be early just because im so set on going home. I don't like the idea of being induced either so if i did go my 2 weeks over that would take me to 21st? Any one else do any sort of travelling when they had theirs?

ALSO did any one have a water birth, i think im on the right lines tht you cant have pain releif other than gas and air but its supposed to be quite relaxing? Helpppp xx

I had a section and had no option to but to drive after 2 weeks. We lived 4 miles away from Kayleigh's school, and I had to do 2 trips a day to get her to and from school. I did end up tearing the stitches inside and getting an infection though.

I was pretty mobile in all. I had acute SPD before and was on crutches before, so I felt I could run a marathon after that had gone!:rofl:

I was 100% more mobile than my natural birth. I was doing laps around moms who pushed there kids out. I had lots of energy and a quick recovery. The only time it hurt was if i extended too far and then it was a sharp shooting pain. Nothing that would stop me from my activity's.

I've found that I feel pretty fit, certainly within a week I was going out for walks. They have you up and about the next day and it's amazing how quickly you recover. The stiches come out at 5 days anyway.

I'm not driving yet, but that's because I understand that you are not insured if you drive before you have the ok from the doc at your 6 week check. Don't know if that's true or an urban myth though TBH.

Within the first couple of weeks the seatbelt is a bit uncomfortable across your scar and you feel a bit tender and wary of sudden breaking but that's the same whether you are driving on the passenger.

If you are determined to go home, I'd get them to come and pick you up and pamper you, but I'd consider them coming to you for Xmas and getting them to do all the work (including the hoovering)!

Insurance thing not a myth tis true ...

I arrested a squaddies wife on garrison as she was invloved in an RTA, she had a section 3wks b4 and her insurance wasn't vailid so we had to knick her ...

xxx

Oh god really. I didnt know that, If thats only if you have had a section? How about a normal birth? I'll be lost with out my car for that length of time,

They have you up and about the next day and it's amazing how quickly you recover. The stiches come out at 5 days anyway.

Not sure where you got yours, but I was up and walking within 8 hours and they took my staples out at 3 days.

I have had one natural and one c-section... give me the c-section any day. lol

p.s I was driving the first week out of surgery.

Me too Pumpkin.

I was cut with Kayleigh and those stitches were far far worse than the section. In fact, I can remember saying at the time that if I ever had another child, I would beg for a section. Turns out I didn't need to, but I would opt for one everytime rather than 'natural' birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->