Just a Rant

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Conundrum, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

I am sorry ladies, but as I set here at 1:30AM, my DD playing away with severe diarrhea , I thought it would be best to vent my frustrations here. As a bit of a back story, I am a SAHM, while my husband work's full time. As of late his job has been increasing their workload to the point 5 days a week he only has less than an hour at home with LO (in that time I usually give her a bath and he eats dinner.)

I have made sure he sleeps at least six hours, every single night. I have done this since dd was born in April, by myself everyday -without a break. Lo and I have not been separated longer than 30minutes.... ever and those thirty minutes were only twice. My family has very rarely been involved, his family is not in the picture any longer.

DD has come down with a stomach bug, and her routine has been out of whack. For the first time since she was born, we went on a date tonight, including LO. After having LO to myself for 18+hours, I had to be the main one to care for her at dinner, which we had to leave early due to fussiness. So after he had a full night's rest, once we got home he was very spacey to the point he did not talk for the majority of the night. He did not help with a bath, even when we placed LO down to play and she became upset he would say he would get her and I would end up with her ten minutes later. All of this was due to him being tired. Never mind the fact that I have only had 20hrs sleep this week if, since she became ill.

To top all of this off, I found out today that one of my family members has cancer and is not seeking any form of medication or treatment. So upset, tired and whilst cleaning the house. I call him out on his attitude, and he storms off leaving me with our sick daughter and goes to sleep.

I am sorry ladies, this may seem all over the place but at the moment I needed to vent or strangle him.:growlmad:

2. iwantabub

iwantabub Well-Known Member

Oh Huni big hugs

I can totally sympathise

My dh is like this all the time...

He's great with lo when lo is happy but as soon as he's fussy it's over to me
    And like u I have also always gotten up to lo... Dh has never ever done a night feed ever!
    He works long hours too and sounds similar when he acts like ur dh has acted tonight

I have no advice but just wanna tell u ur not alone!

Lots of hugs and I hope u and ur lo feel better soon x

3. twobecome3

twobecome3 One and one on the way

:hugs: :hugs:

he prob doesnt think u have it hard as he just doesnt know. has never had lo on his own and just cant see past his own tiredness/busy.

does he get two days off a week then? wat does he do those days?