Just a sac?

Baileeboo77

One beautiful baby boy!♡
Reaction score
Okay ladies so I went to my first OB app yesterday! I should of been 5+6 based off of my lmp but I know it could be a little more or less. So we did a vaginal ultrasound and he said he saw nothing. Then we saw a sac and at the bottom of the sac was a flicker I asked what it was and he said it was the placenta pulsing? There was no yolk sac,hb, fetal pole or anything just a sac with what looked like possibly the beginning of a baby on the bottom of it to the side. Now I would of said oh ok I miscalculated and all is well we will see something next time but I took a test August 4th and it came out positive. I'll post a pic and it seems to be a bit dark way to dark to be like 10dpo. I also got a 2-3 week on a CB Digi but I know women get that at 11 or 12dpo sometimes so I will try not to worry about that. My husband video taped all of the u/s so I will put a screen shot on here also? Anyways what do you ladies think? When I go based off of ovulation I couldn't of been less than 12dpo the test was just too dark. Any honest opinions? He said he would see me in a month to give me a dd but it seems like I should be going back much sooner to see if it's even viable? I'm just so lost :/

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 23
The sac is the black circle to the right of the photo not the bottom left also here's my first test on August 4th

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 21
With this pregnancy I had a scan done at 5w6d. I know exactly when we conceived, so couldn't have been more than a day behind that. They found a sac that measured exactly 5w6d (confirming my dates) and it was absolutely empty. No yolk, no fetal pole, and certainly no heartbeat. The tech didn't seem terribly worried... But after coming back here to B&B and seeing how much more so many others saw at that stage, I started to worry. Googling wasn't helpful either because there just wasn't much info.

Needless to say I spent the next 5-6 weeks until my NT scan absolutely worrying myself sick. I was convinced that I was carrying a blighted ovum, or that the baby had stopped growing, or any number of things had gone wrong. Having nothing but a picture of an empty sac to tide me over was not reassuring at all. When it was finally time for my NT scan, I insisted on going alone because of was sure there wouldn't be a live baby, and in wanted to grieve privately.

Thankfully, I was wrong. I saw a healthy wriggling baby at my 11 week scan. The baby was measuring spot on with my dates, confirming again that I had actually been 5w6d when the ultrasound sound showed an empty sac. Now I'm 25 weeks and numerous scans have confirmed that I'm carrying a healthy little girl.

All that to say: an empty sac at that stage is not something to worry about. It also doesn't mean you are behind what you're thinking, or that there was some mistake. Right at 6 weeks is an awkward time for a scan because what may be visible varies so much from person to person. If at all possible to wait, I would advise women to hold out until closer to 7 weeks in most cases, because by then things should be clearer one way or another.

Hopefully you're able to see much more on your next ultrasound. Fingers crossed for you and congratulations! <3

I have done exactly that. I feel sick and sad and have convinced myself im carrying a nonviable baby(sac) I just don't know how I'm going to wait 4 weeks to go back. The app is on my husbands bday and I think I'm going to change it so we don't have to associate his bday with something bad if it's not viable. The doctor told me there was no way I was 5 6 and I was probably under 5 weeks possibly in the beginning of the 5th week. He said I'd get my dd next app. I'm going back and fourth with myself wondering if I should goto a different doctor or what! I'm so glad you ended up having a healthy baby! That's so great congrats on your pregnancy!

Hi there! I am just over 5 weeks along with my first. I have not gone throughwhat you're going through. But I will say that you should trust your instincts. Your doctor is ordering a dd? That's where they go in and clean out a m/c right? Seems hasty. Don't give up after one scan. Try to keep some hope and make sure without a doubt whether or not there a Lil bean growing in there before making any final decisions. Good luck!

No a due date not any sort or d&c. He said he can't measure it yet so he will in a month.

Ohhh haha sorry about that. Totally misunderstood. I'm glad everything is okay then?

Well that's the thing I'm not sure. I guess I'll know in 4 weeks. I just feel like I should of seen more :( atleast a yolk sac!

Well 5+6 still sounds a little early. I'm 5+2 and my obgyn isn't seeing me until I'm 7 and a half weeks. Try to think positive until you have concrete evidence that should make you believe otherwise.

I had a scan at 6+1 but I was more like 5+5 as I od late. On the internal scan we saw the yolk sac but no baby. As hard as it is, try not to worry. I had a blighted ovum before so I know how hard it is to try and relax. But you're so early. Infact my doc wouldn't even estimate where I was week wise because the machine wouldnt calculate it under 6 weeks. At 6 weeks the sac should be 10mm and mine was 8.5mm so I'm a few days behind. 4 weeks does seem like a long time to wait, is there no way you can get one around 8 weeks? That's what I'm doing, although time is crawling by.

They didn't see anything at my first scan other than the sac and then 5 days later I had another scan got to see the baby, yolk sac and HB so even a few days can make all the difference this early!

Try to stay positive as it really is just a bit too early :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->