Just a thought for anyone thinking of calling their daughter Amelia..

Vicyi

Me & Mine
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My Daughter is called Amelia and we went to In Laws for Xmas eve and she received a present from a family friend who spelt her name Amaliya. Just thought it was such a strange but gorgeous way of spelling it! Thought i'd write a post in case it can help anyone out. If we hadnt already had an Amelia i'd be spelling it this way! lol x

That is a very pretty spelling!! :D ^ I like Rosalie too... I like names with 'ie's and 'y's... We've decided on Evelyn :) (thankfully DH didn't take much persuading.. :thumbup::lol:)

xx

Wow, I've never seen that variation before. That is pretty =)

I'm not keen on it. The spelling looks really odd. I like Amelia spelled properly.

I would pronounce that completely differently (like Ama-lee-yah) if I saw that written somewhere.
Personally, I wouldn't mess with the traditional spelling of a well known name. It may look interesting, or 'unique', but means your child will have a life of correcting people when they mis-spell, or mis-pronounce their name.

Trust me - I've lived it. The novelty wears off :)

Nobody spells Amelie correctly :( We usually get amilee LOL or amily

I will be calling my baby Amelia-Grace (if its a girl of course :haha:) not too sure of the other spelling tho xx

I will be calling my baby Amelia-Grace (if its a girl of course :haha:) not too sure of the other spelling tho xx

I might be calling my little girl Amelia Grace too :)
or Amelia Rose.

Great minds think alike hehe.
xx

I would pronounce that completely differently (like Ama-lee-yah) if I saw that written somewhere.
Personally, I wouldn't mess with the traditional spelling of a well known name. It may look interesting, or 'unique', but means your child will have a life of correcting people when they mis-spell, or mis-pronounce their name.

Trust me - I've lived it. The novelty wears off :)

I agree!

I was considering Amalia, shortened to Mali (Molly). I think the spelling/pronunciation might get awkward though. I knew a girl with that name once, but no idea if she had problems with her name pronuciation. I think she generally went by Malia anyhow.

I have a good friend called Amelia and I would think Amelia and Amalia/Amaliya were different names altogether.

I wouldn't pronounce Amaliya as Amelia tbh.

It looks like Ah-ma-lie-ya, whereas Amelia is Ah-mee-lia

ours will be
amelia-rose faith or amelia winter rose
will stick with original spelling

Our DD is Amelia Jessicka-Raine so no worries about people spelling it wrong. Just thought id put the post up incase anyone else wanted it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->