Just about 4 weeks pregnant, questions regarding Hcg test

sandy mom

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about 14 dpo and just about 4 weeks pregnant. I found out I was pregnant on 12dpo but the test HCG line on my internet cheapie has not darkened over the past 2 days. I don't know if I should be worried. I'm planning to call the doctor's office tomorrow (I'm in USA).

Just curious, does the doctor ALWAYS ask us to test for blood HCG or is it only for special high risk cases? I'm not sure if my hcg beta number's are doubling over time.

Any inputs would be great.

TIA!

I wouldn't worry about the tests not getting darker in such a small time frame. You have to leave it 4 days or so to see much difference on a urine test. Even then the sensitivity of different brands varies and even within the same brand they can vary a bit and your urine can easily be more or less diluted. It also gets to the point once you have a good strong line that they are as dark as they are going to get.

Lots of places they only do blood tests if there is a particular reason to worry about MC or ectopic pregnancy. I'm not in the US though.

Congratulations!

Thanks so much for your response! it was a vv faint line on 12 dpo and it is same even today on 14 dpo. That's why I was beginning to get worried. Anyways, I will give it a few days break and test again.

I agree don't put too much stock in it yet. It all depends on concentration of urine, test dye amount, etc. Also, remember that it is normal to have up to a 72 hour doubling time. These are my tests since last Sunday, as you can see day 14 looked lighter than day 13 for me, and not much darker than day 12, but the general trend is much much darker (these are crappy IC tests and their results were much different than First Response Early Result tests which showed MUCH darker lines, and even then my FRER from 14 DPO was slightly darker but not much than my 13 dpo. Now the line is way darker than control on those lol).

Attachments

• 19 dpo ic.jpg
    19 dpo ic.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 43
I live in Canada but my doctor sent me for a beta test (HCG) with all of my prenatal blood tests as soon as I told her I was pregnant. However - the urine test in her office came back as negative even though all my home tests were positive, so who knows.

My tests took until 17/18dpo to darken. Up until then they all looked very similar, especially day to day. Then all of a sudden they started getting very dark. You could probably get a positive on a digital by now though, maybe that would help ease your mind!

And congrats!

I found one brand of my ICs were darker in the afternoon and evening but were much fainter with fmu, whereas another brand of IC I was using was consistently dark with fmu and showed good progression daily. They all vary so much, and some will vary from each test too. The difference in lines with my One Step ICs was crazy, they were fine to give me a positive or negative answer, but not so reliable in terms of progression! I think it's worth buying another brand and seeing if you can find another that are more reliable, or asking for betas if it will help you relax.
I used these in the afternoon, same brand, same pee, dipped same time and same length of time. Earlier on, some looked as though there wasn't a line there whilst others were showing a faint but clear line

Attachments

• IMG_7763.jpg
    IMG_7763.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 11
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I’m feeling better. However I tested with FRer this morning and the line almost disappeared:( I had to hold it up in sunlight to barely see a line. I’m 15 dpo. I called the doctors office. Waiting to hear back from my doctor. Hoping for the best at this point.

I hope this will keep you positive my tests didn’t get any darker even looked lighter 3rd day in my hcg bloods were 25,45,812 then they said the would be looking for them to rise to 1500 they came back at 19,000 scanned me and by baby was there with a strong heartbeat and look how low my levels started

I hope you get good news. Some tests vary hugely, expensive or cheap

Thanks so much ladies. I’m feeling more positive knowing there is hope after reading your replies. I have given blood for hcg beta this morning and will go back again in 48 hrs. Hoping for the best ��

Not knowing what is going on is enough to drive you crazy! When do you hear the results from this morning?

BunnyN: Yes it is driving me crazy! This feels worse than TWW. Every time I have the slightest of cramps, I run to the restroom to check if I started my period. I did not have the courage to test this morning with FRER or IC.

I think I will hear back tomorrow from the doctor about today's hcg count. Keeping fingers crossed!

I just heard back from my doctor. My hcg was 49 at approx 16 dpo/ CD 31. He said we will have to wait and see if the numbers are doubling. I will be going in for blood work tomorrow (~18dpo/CD33).

I'm 17 dpo today and tested myself out again with IC using FMU. The faint line that I saw on 12 dpo continues to remain same without any increase in intensity.

All I can do is hope and pray at this point. :shrug:

Oh and I have been continuing to measure my BBT. It has started dropping though Im not sure how much I should read into it.

Hey hun! How’d the test go? Have you gotten results back yet for the second hCG test?: :hugs:

Yes after 48hrs, hcg came back as 64. While I had a million thoughts and doubts in my head, my doctor has recommended to stop all hcg testing and scheduled an ultrasound 2 weeks later. He says hcg testing will only stress me out (which is so true) and he wants to give my body time to grow the baby.
I’m kind of back in a different sort of TWW now :) my husband and I are mentally prepared to acCept any outcome from the ultrasound. There is only so much we can do at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->