Just about 4 weeks pregnant, questions regarding Hcg test

Waiting is so hard. I hope your scan gives answers.

I'm glad you're getting a u/s. That will make you feel alot better. <3 Thinking about you!

Just updating this thread so that anyone who ends up with a similar situation in the future has an answer.

I started having brownish bleeding 4 days back. The bleeding has turned into bright red so the doctor and midwife said I'm beginning to miscarry. My hcg 2 days back was 147. It's increasing but the increase is so slow and sluggish that they are now suspecting ectopic pregnancy. I'm in the process of doing more blood work to figure out next steps. My bleeding so far has been slow and sporadic.

While I'm emotionally very low knowing that I couldn't continue this pregnancy, I want to assure any other moms out there that not every case with low hcg count ends up in miscarriage. I read up a lot and it seems like there are a lot of moms out there who end up having happy and healthy pregnancy.

Just updating this thread so that anyone who ends up with a similar situation in the future has an answer.

I started having brownish bleeding 4 days back. The bleeding has turned into bright red so the doctor and midwife said I'm beginning to miscarry. My hcg 2 days back was 147. It's increasing but the increase is so slow and sluggish that they are now suspecting ectopic pregnancy. I'm in the process of doing more blood work to figure out next steps. My bleeding so far has been slow and sporadic.

While I'm emotionally very low knowing that I couldn't continue this pregnancy, I want to assure any other moms out there that not every case with low hcg count ends up in miscarriage. I read up a lot and it seems like there are a lot of moms out there who end up having happy and healthy pregnancy.

I'm so sorry :( :hugs::hugs::hugs: It sounds very similar to my pregnancy last year. The HCG kept increasing but very slowly and nowhere near doubling most of the time (only doubled once). I never got a high enough HCG level to do a scan to see if there could have been an ectopic because I lost it before it got that high (my OB kept doing my bloodwork every 2-3 days to see what it was doing until it went back to negative). I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! I hope at least that you won't have to deal with an ectopic. Hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"