Just back from maternity assessment..

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
So Thurs night I was shopping in Asda when I needed the loo.. I had to squeeze my pee out (sorry!) because I knew I was gonna be sick.. And I was, as I puked I was having abdo pain which I found strange. Anyway, last night, I was sitting talking to DH's parents when this sudden headache came on, it bloody hurt! - So I took 2 paracetamol.. Which took the edge off but didn't take it away entirely. I then started getting blurry vision and seeing light spots wherever I looked, I thought oh this can't be right, I went to bed because the light became intolerable. I decided if I experienced it again I'd call out of hours GP.

So I got up today about 9.30am, by 10.30 the headache had returned, again I took paracetamol, again, it didn't take it away. So I called NHS 24 who made me an appt with the out of hours GP.

I went in, my BP, though within normal limits, was high for me, the highest my bp has been is around 96/70. It was 121/77. +protein in my urine, still had a headache and my vision blurred while in the hosp. Anyway, he referred me to the maternity unit (which is an hr away). I had to wait an hr for a lift, then an hour to the hosp.

By the time I got there, my BP had returned to 96/65 and my urine was clear!!!

Made me feel like such an ass as I felt like I was wasting their effin' time! - And so I was given co-codomol for what is apparently just 'migraine' - Yeah, I've never in my life had a migraine that lasted 24hrs+ and that didn't go away with co-codomol.

So I'm sitting here, my head is throbbing, my eyes are squinty and I have all the lights turned off. Surely that's not normal :(

I've had some nasty headaches too hun. It's just hormones :(

Aww hope ur ok! I get blinding migraines n it is like u described if I get one I no il throw up the pain is that bad!

Just try and relax and drink plenty of water I find that helps! x

This might seem strange but..

My migraines (cluster migraines) are nothing like what I am experiencing atm.. My migraines are usually like a vice to the back of my head, I can't stand noise, I can't stand light, I can't even move most of the time.. But co-codomol takes it away.

The headache I have had since last night is not as painful, in the front of my head/eyes but will not go away.. It's the constantness of this one that I'm freakin' over rather than the severity

I've had the same thing, and my dr now checks my bp at every visit. I have mild pre-e and my bp goes up and down. My bp is normally low like yours so that is a big jump for you. I got up to 141/96 and if I were farther along at the time dr said he would've induced me. He will induce me now if it does that again. Pre-e will go and down like that when it is just starting. Hth!

Did you have any of the symptoms I mentioned above hun ? - I didn't even consider pre-e until I noticed the reason for my referral to mat unit was "?PET"

I had this a few weeks ago and I got slurred speech as well, my friend took me to the hosp and I was kept in for 2 nights, had to have a CT scan even when I said i felt fine. My blood pressure ws normal the whole time I was there jsut had a slight temperature. They never found the cause and it hasnt happened since. Completly different to anything I have experienced before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"