Just back from Midwife....advice or thoughts?

H

happymummy

Hey ladies

I have just had a check up with mw. I mentioned that I hardly feel the baby move (am 25 weeks) and also that I have always been HUGE when pregnant but this tme, seem smaller. She measured bump and sad I was just showing 25 weeks which has never happened to me before! I have always showed at least 4 weeks bigger than I am.

She said I need a scan to 'check everything is OK' but the day ward said I would have to wait until next week. Im a bit worried that she is sending me for a scan, does she suspect something? I do have an anterior placenta which can act as a cushion to kicks but she said I should be seeing litle feet or elbows poking through now!

Just wondered if anybody else had a similar thing so I can reassure myself. A week is a long tme to wait! xx

I don't think you should take what she says as gospel, it's not common to even check fundal height before 28 weeks. The scan will be a growth scan and will check your baby is growing properly.

It could be that you're having a small baby and that's why you're measuring differently/not feeling as much as in previous pregnancies. They'll check for this and advise accordingly. Don't worry though, there's no reason any of this should be a concern just yet.

I agree with what femmeEnceinte has said. It doesn't mean anything is wrong, she just understands that you're nervous because this pregnancy is slightly different than your previous so it can't hurt to have a scan and make sure everything is fine. To me it just shows that your Midwife listens to her patients when they are concerned- that's an ideal situation IMHO!!

I know you said that you usually measure ahead but if you are 25 weeks and are measuring 25 weeks then that's still really reassuring :hugs: I have anterior placenta too and I think there is conflicting information on how much this affects us. Someone posted here the other day that her midwife had said her OH may never feel baby kick.

I agree with the other ladies, Plus every pregnancy is different :hugs::hugs::hugs:

If the midwife for a minute had thought something was really wrong rather than just offering a bit of reassurance with a scan they wouldn't make you wait a week! If it's urgent they will always fit you in so try not to over-think it! Every pregnancy is different and if you're measuring as right for dates take that as good news and that this time you're just a bit smaller!
xx

i am 24 weeks and just felt baby move around 23 weeks and it's no big movements yet. i too have anterior placenta. hang in there hun and try not to worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->