just back from midwife appt, trainee though bum was head!!

charmed

mummy to 1, ttc no.2
Reaction score
Hiya just had my normal 36+2 check, all seems good at moment, heart beat loud and strong, 145bpm! And moving lots during appt. My blood pressures still 120 over 70 same as bookin in rates and wee clear! Trainee girl had measure said meaure 36cm ish so that's spot on but when she had a v firm feel, she said umm not sure if breech - heads been engaged 4/5 since 34weeks so think would have felt a huge turn if now went too breech! Which I haven't so I felt sure its her bum! :) proper normal midwife felt bump with even more pressure - ouch and baby was kickin out as didn't like it either! And said no is still head down. Phewww! Trainee said oh has lots of bones in bum then! Poor baby! Lol. Just goes show each midwife is different! Think trainee was embrassed and now hav a sore tummy! On better note said said hope make til sat when be full term and then can go birthin unit! Just 4 more days she needs to stay in there now, or be more complicated at tech premmie! Said if gave birth at 37wk would I go home same day and she said oh yes wouldn't wanna keep in long they need beds! So prey stay in a few more days :b xx

With me DS 1, every midwife, doctor and consultant i saw said he was head down....surprise! Breech! Only at the pushing stage was that clear to everyone!! My DS had (and still does) have a boney little bottom! lol

Everyone has to learn. Bet she was embarrassed bless her.

At my 16 week appointment the trainee midwife asked the midwife over as she thought I was starting with a dark line on my stomach very early. I had to point out that it was actually just a mark where my tights had been digging in!

Heehee charmed fingers crossed for you!! Im seeing mw on thurs so am hoping willbe told that all is still well and that she is lower still as she was 3/5-2/5 engaged 2 weeks ago and dr said within a week or 2 she will be fully engaged and that despite everything she is holding on and not gonna b a preemie but at least get to full term :-D xxxx

Thanks girls! Yeah I don't mind bein a gunipig for them at all, best way learn, she just seemed so confindent was wrong way up!! Lol. Yeah rozzle I'm 4\5 so ony a little bit engaged so far, but said don't hav be to start labour!! I thought had dropped as walkin funny and feels like been kicked or on long bike ride. Guessin all normal. My baby shower is sat too so just hope not diva and wanna gate crash party! Lol. Can't wait here how u get on! Xx

Thanks girls! Yeah I don't mind bein a gunipig for them at all, best way learn, she just seemed so confindent was wrong way up!! Lol. Yeah rozzle I'm 4\5 so ony a little bit engaged so far, but said don't hav be to start labour!! I thought had dropped as walkin funny and feels like been kicked or on long bike ride. Guessin all normal. My baby shower is sat too so just hope not diva and wanna gate crash party! Lol. Can't wait here how u get on! Xx

Ooh its my shower too lol on sat!! Well my second one where I live lol i had one at my parents for my friends and family back home lol, heehee there have been times its felt like iv a bowling ball between my legs lol!! Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->