Just been for a walk and .....OMG

johnoblueshoe

Expecting number 5
Reaction score
Just been for a nice brisk walk to tesco pushing buggy and .....OMFG the pain it caused me was un- discribable...:cry: what the hell is this....
My MW told me last week baby is now engaged but could this be the cause of this pain.... it was lith with every step i took the pain inbetween my pelvis was emence like a rubbing pain... as soon as i stoped it eased....

I was hoping the walk would do me good not bad :nope:

does anyone else get this or know what it is ??

It could be baby's head, if its nice and low! (don't worry it won't hurt baby! its just pressure on cervix) this is what my midwife told me as i engaged early with my second! xx

its like a friction feeling and you feel as though 'something' could just drop out any minute?

Yeah sounds like spd, it's something to do with bones in your pelvis, I have it, it's a nightmare, it's agony to walk anywhere :(

Yeah sounds like spd, it's something to do with bones in your pelvis, I have it, it's a nightmare, it's agony to walk anywhere :(

thanks hunxx so its not becaure babies head is engaged then ??:blush:

Here you go hun... it can explain it better than I can. I have SPD and it hurts like a bitch :(
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

thanks ill have a read..... and yes the word BITCH discribes it well...lol

I've had this ever since LO's head engaged. Walking used to make me feel better but now if I walk even just to the corner shop I end up hobbling around when I get home, all bent over at the waist, and having to climb the stairs one at a time!

Here you go hun... it can explain it better than I can. I have SPD and it hurts like a bitch :(
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

^ WSS! :rofl:

I've had SPD since about 28 weeks but it can be cause by baby engaging if you haven't had it before. Just try to keep your legs together when you do things like getting in the car, getting into bed, or putting on your trousers. Oh and stop walking if it's painful. It's not one of those push past the pain kinda thing. It'll just aggravate it more. :hugs:

The fact that it was a 'brisk' walk probably made it a lot worse, if it is SPD. I've had it for months and the only way I can walk is extremely slowly. A brisk walk leaves me in pain for days afterwards.

thanks but if it was SPD would i not have noticed this before this point.... i have never suffered this in any other of my pregnancys even with the twins... but as iv never had a baby engage thats why i cant comment on how this feels...

the pain is stilll there a bit now and its gone round to my back.... ill ring MW tomorrow if its not eased and ask them about SPD..... quick question will this effect me in labour if it is SPD ????

spd can occur at any stage and with ant pregnancy, b/c you've not had it before doesn't mean you won't have it this time.
spd generally doesn't affect labour.

But I would ask you mw hun it maybe anything and best to get it checked out. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"