Just been reading up on hypnobirthing....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by divagee, Apr 5, 2009.

1. divagee

divagee Well-Known Member

One of my best friends had a water birth at home recently and had a great experience, 7 hour labour husband in the pool massaging her and then catching there baby boy and no tears for Mum! She swears by the water birth and hypnobirthing method, a way of relaxing during labour.

I've done some research this evening into this and gotta say actually quite excited! going to sign up to a course beginning of June with DH it's one locally and four 3 hour sessions to go through how to acheive a safer, easier labour and more comfortable birth for you and baby. Also had a look at some videos of women using this method on youtube and it speaks for itself. Very interesting at the very least, and a good way of getting hubbie involved in the birth... Definately worth a look don't you think girls!

Here the resource i used:
    http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/hypnobirthing_classes.shtml

2. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I'm going to do a hypnobabies home study course and my cd's and material just arrived in the mail yesterday! I bought the course on Amazon. They have instructors that teach the course in a group setting but they're all too far from me, so we decided to do the home course. I'm going to have the baby at a birthing center in a pool and since the birthing center doesn't provide any pain relief, I really wanted a course that would help me birth naturally. My midwives highly recommended it too!

3. MissCherry15

MissCherry15 Mummy of 2

i got advised to have hypnobirthing :(
    i really want to! because i have really bad OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder) with hygiene.
    i got told it works miricles for it and i dont want to be distressed at birth because i feel dirty.
    but being 16 almost 17 and having no job atm i dont have the money to pay for the hypnobirthing antenatal classes or anything like that.

looks like im just gonna have to suffer

4. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

I saw the youtube one where she breathed the baby out. Impressed!

5. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

Misscherry, go to the library and get a book out on self hypnosis cos thats what it basicly is.

6. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

I studied hypnobirthing, and although I wasn't religious about it and didn't learn all the techniques it worked for me. I had a natural, almost silent birth. However, it was very painful and I feel if I had studied more and looked into it more then I would have found it easier.

I'll be using it again for my next one :)

7. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

I'm possibly thinking about selling my stuff, some of which is actually teaching materials and not what they give out to people. I'll let you know if I do decide to sell them.

8. LittlePickle

LittlePickle Well-Known Member

I'm going for home birth, in a pool, with hypnobirthing methods.
    going to try and find a course nearby to us for May time...
    good luck!
    LP
    xox

9. Sarah88

Sarah88 Full time working mummy

I am the same, I breathed my baby out and I think this was because of hypnobirthing. It was second nature to me, and I don't remember any pain once she was coming out. All I remember was telling the midwife it hurts and to put her fingers on the top and bottom of me (TMI, lol), then I just went into myself.

I however didn't think it was worth the money I spent on the hypnobirthing classes, it was the same information I had in the book. The only thing different was watching all the births and tbh I was over watching then in the end. Theres only so much vaginas you can watch in a lifetime.

Also, I think having the CDs to listen to whilst going to sleep also helped me in labour, even though I didn't use them. I think it helped to learn how to breathe and relax. So if you don't fork out for the class, just buy the book and get a good relaxation cd to listen to. Also practice your breathing!

10. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

I definitely want to get a good book on this.... can anyone recommend one?

11. purple_socks

purple_socks Guest

i can't afford to do the course either...i got my book off ebay! have a look on there and on amazon...much much cheaper than the course :)

12. divagee

divagee Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies ladies, it so good to read that you're all getting excited about hypnobirthing and are looking into it too :) and also your positive experiences. I booked the course today, one local to me in the West Midlands, four 3 hour sessions in the evening for me and DH, she said he can really get involved in the birthing process, you get loads of information on the techniques on the birth aswell as on the run up too! aswell as a book and the cd etc so upon the consultants advise i'm going to the April session where i'll be 27weeks can't wait! It cost £265 for the course and the personal follow up with the consultant, i know its a little pricey but if you live in the UK the government NHS gives you £190 to use to go towards the well being of yourself after 24weeks pregnancy so i'm going use my towards this...

This women is incredible, just like NoSpringChick says she literally breaths the baby out using hypnobirthing techniques!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Gc3JUshRs