Just been to the doctors...........

Kellie

TTC 1 after m/c June 08
Reaction score
.................& my doctor says I'm pregnant, even though he hasn't done a test! He examined me & said that my cervix is high & soft which means very early pregnancy. He's takena blood test to confirm & I'll get the clear results in the next few days. Just figuring out how & when to tell my fiance!

Is it normal for a doctor to check for pregnancy this way?

.................& my doctor says I'm pregnant, even though he hasn't done a test! He examined me & said that my cervix is high & soft which means very early pregnancy. He's takena blood test to confirm & I'll get the clear results in the next few days. Just figuring out how & when to tell my fiance!

Is it normal for a doctor to check for pregnancy this way?

Hi, congratulations made up for you, never heard of a dr checking this way but i'm sure he knows what he's doing, good luck & well done!!! x:hug:

OMG i've never heard of that before i hope he really was a dr hehe
But hey - Congrats hunni - i'm off to see my DR tonight maybe she'll do the same i'll keep you posted!
What did you say to make him want to check

Big congrats Kellie how awesome is that - never heard of a GP testing like that before but he obvioulsy knows his stuff! Did you get a :bfp: at home first?xx

Thank you girls, I'm not sure if I should get excited or not as I'd never known pregnancy to be confirmed without a HPT or blood test.

Crumbs... well you gotta trust the professionals dont you!! Well huge congrats I am so pleased for you! Are you going to poas now just to prove it to yourself, and show it to all us, we are all addicts after all? :rofl:

Hmm just a thought, did your doc feel your tum? Cos I remember you saying that you felt as though you were rather swollen in your abdomen, if he could feel an enlarged uterus, that maybe why he is positive too?? Just a thought??

Huge :hugs:

Congrats, not heard that method before but doubt he'd say unless he was cert.

When did you last test yourself, if not for a few days are you not tempted to check yourself ?

I would do a test too...or wait for the results to come back....

I have not heard of a GP doing it this way but s/he may have an interest in obs and gynae so knows their stuff and what to look for!

Ohhhh congratulations!!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

aflight84 - I told him that I'm due today & that I got a bfn on a hpt on Sunday, he agreed that it would've been too early to test then. I also showed him my diary where I've been writing down all of my symptoms since last Monday. He wanted me to POAS but they didn't have any tests in the surgery (apparently it was Family Planning Clinic last night & this is Basildon after all)! so he said he would do bloods & check my cervix so he could try to let me know straight away.

I'm a bit worried he might be a perv now lol

rachelle1975 - I got a BFN on Sunday & haven't tested since but I just 'feel' pregnant if you get what I mean, so I went along this morning to see if I could have a test done

He wanted me to POAS but they didn't have any tests in the surgery (apparently it was Family Planning Clinic last night & this is Basildon after all)!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is so awesome hun - go buy yourself a CB digi and give it a go - oooh just to see the words 'pregnant' - then you can show DF when he gets home!! If you do it 1-2 hours before he gets back you could wrap it up and give it to him... unless he'd be grossed out by holding a stick with your pee on it :happydance:

he wont be a perv i was kidding just i've never head anyone do that before that's all.
I think i'm going to do the same tonight and see what my dr says
Fingers crossed! hehe

Crumbs... well you gotta trust the professionals dont you!! Well huge congrats I am so pleased for you! Are you going to poas now just to prove it to yourself, and show it to all us, we are all addicts after all? :rofl:

Hmm just a thought, did your doc feel your tum? Cos I remember you saying that you felt as though you were rather swollen in your abdomen, if he could feel an enlarged uterus, that maybe why he is positive too?? Just a thought??

Huge :hugs:

He did mention my uterus, but that was after he said about my cervix & I was pretty much in a blur by then.

I really want to POAS now just to prove it to myself but have to wait for my fiance to get home from work, he's the one who looks after money in this house lol.

I'm a bit concerned that no one has heard of that method before, I hoppe I haven't just been molested!

well fingers crossed for hubby getting hom early

he wont be a perv i was kidding just i've never head anyone do that before that's all.
I think i'm going to do the same tonight and see what my dr says
Fingers crossed! hehe

Ask your doc if he's ever known of that method of checking for pregnancy, good luck tonight hun x x x x

:hug: CONGRATULATIONS Kellie.

Not exactly the same but after my m/c while on holiday I had to go to A&E as was in pain and still bleeding a bit. The doctor there gave me an internal to check that it had all gone and she said that I was no longer pregnant as cervix was closed. So they can tell by an internal if you are pregnant or not

Oh Kellie, I am sure its all normal. How old is your Dr? Maybe thats why his method was a little different?:blush:

I cannot say how thrilled I am for you! :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Thank you jaccib, I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c. You have just made me feel a bit more positive though so thank you so much! :hugs::hugs:

My fiances nickname is Booman (something to do with a reg number he had on his car years ago lol) so I'm thinking of a text message along the lines of - Daddy, Daddy Boo, Daddy, Daddy Boo..................:rofl:

Thank you Lisa, I think he's in his 40's but there was also the practice nurse present at the time. Think I just get a little too paranoid!

Hoping my fiance won't be too mad about me not being at work today, I took the day off soley to go to the doctors.

Hey it's ok Kellie pretty much over it now,just concentrating on us and see how it goes!!.........Text message sounds good!!!:rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->