Just booked a weekend away for December - hubbys 30th Birthday! Do I tell him?

RoxyRoo

Mummy to two <3
Reaction score
As the title says, I have just booked a weekend away for my hubbys 30th Birthday in December. Our first family holiday together :cloud9:

My question is, do I tell him or not?

In one way I think it'd be nice to tell him now so he can look forward to it, but I also think it'd be a nice surprise after our baby has arrived - she'll be approx 6 weeks by then.

What do you ladies think? Tell him or not?

:flower:

Oh, and here's the place: https://www.cottages4you.co.uk/site...c-0a23-4be1-9c11-bc16c46c9405~7591~0~0~~~Y~N~

oh wow i'm so jealous!! That cottage is lush!!
If it was me i'd keep it a secret until LO is in your arms! :)

I would tell him as he himself might arrange a night out!:flower:

Thank you, it's gorgeous isn't it! I'm so excited already :)

Sorry, I should have added in the OP. I've actually booked it for 2 weeks after his birthday as his birthday weekend clashes with my Mums 50th Birthday party! So I don't need to worry about him arranging something else on the same weekend. Plus he's not the going out type anyway :haha:

i would keep it secret and put it in card from baby to daddy on his birthday

I'm bursting to tell him! This is going to be tough :haha:

I did a surprise get-away for hubby's 30th and I didn't tell him, was worth the struggle to keep it secret! I told him we were going to see my mum then drove straight passed her house and just carried on driving, he was very surprised and made up! I had got his mate to ask him to the pub the night before so I could pack the suitcase and hide it in the boot of my car. It was a great weekend

oo0ooo ive been looking for something for our 5th wedding anniversary next year a weekend away sounds great

... Oh and I live in Wrexham too, that place is not far from me!

Looks lovely, Id try and keep it a secret but Im no good at that lol.

I did notice it says no children in the list at the bottom though?

xx

... Oh and I live in Wrexham too, that place is not far from me!

It's not very far from me either, I'm just outside Flintshire. I figured that as it'll be the winter and with a newborn baby I didn't want to travel far :thumbup: The surprise you did for your hubby sounds fab! Can't believe you managed to do it so well! I'll have to tell mine beforehand as we'll have alot of baby stuff to take too, not sure I can sneak it all in the car without him noticing :haha:

Looks lovely, Id try and keep it a secret but Im no good at that lol.

I did notice it says no children in the list at the bottom though?

xx

Yeah, I phoned to check and they said that a young baby is fine. Thank you for pointing it out though :thumbup:

Thought they might of allowed a baby, cant go tearing around the place like a monkey then can they lol.

xx

Thank you, I can't wait :)

I managed to keep it a secret lastnight, just 6 months to go :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back