Just curious, cycle length and how long BFP took?

chocolatechip

Reaction score
I hope I'm not imposing by posting here. I'm not a regular poster on this board but I've been curious about something. Do regular cycle lengths increase the likelihood of a faster BFP?

How long were your cycles typically?
How many of these cycles did it take to get pregnant?

I think mine was 30 days or maybe 31? I got pregnant the 2nd cycle though, so only charted one cycle. But I would say that from what I remember from my pre-pill days (was on the pill for 12 years, so not natural cycles), I always got my period on almost exactly the same day each month (like the 1st of every month or whatever) and as most months are 30-31 days long, I guess that would make sense. I think certainly having cycles of regular lengths, whatever regular is for you, probably does help with conception because it allows you to better time sex each month, because you're likely to be ovulating around a predictable time. Certainly, I know I used the data from charting the first month to really schedule sex at exactly the same time as I ovulated the previous month, which turned out to be the same CD's again the 2nd month and probably the fact those cycles were the same made that possible.

I hope I'm not imposing by posting here. I'm not a regular poster on this board but I've been curious about something. Do regular cycle lengths increase the likelihood of a faster BFP?

I'm not in the first tri, but I've always had whacky periods. LOOOONG cycles, never the same from cycle to cycle.

It took 8 tears to have Thomas, and just sex one time to have Sophie. My cycles seem to average at 43 days at the moment and I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle.

Mine are 28 days. Pregnant first try every single time. This is #4 but 3rd baby

33/34 days. Ovulate day 23/24 so 10 day luteal phase. My daughter took 2 months TTC and this one 3 months.

My cycle was the typical 28 days. It took 2 years to conceive #1 and it took 14 months for #2.

My cycles are pretty irregular ranging from31-36 days. They have been like this for around 4 years. It took us 3 cycles to conceive ds3 and 1 cycle to conceive this baby.

My cycles are irregular, usually 29-31 days but have the odd 50 day cycle.

This was our 4th ttc cycle, we only BD'ed once on my fertile days and got a BFP and I'm 38! Mind you I tried soya for the first time this cycle to bring my ovulation forward, I only o'ed cd37 the previous cycle, so maybe that's what did it to me.

Cycle ranged from 26-29 days pretty regular.

Bfp on the 17th cycle trying, almost a year and a half.

No fertility probs by me or dh

Cycles are 27-29 days I had pcos diagnosed at a young age. I've gotten pregnant on the first cycle twice

Mine are 28-31 days but always an 11 day LP. It took me 4 months with DD, first month with DS, 4 months with my MMC and 3 months this time x

My cycles were months-years apart for 14 years until I got medicated (I have PCOS) then they were still a bit long, 34 days generally. It took four cycles on fertility meds to get a BFP and it was 8DPO when it was clearly positive. There was actually a faint line at 6DPO but husband thought I was crazy so I kept taking tests and showing him it getting more noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->