Just curious

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
I'm not looking for advice or anything, just wondering when your kids started throwing temper tantrums? My 7.5 month old has been doing it for about 2 weeks now, when she gets mad. She stiffens her back, and slams her feet on the floor (while laying down) and waves her arms and screams. It's kinda entertaining actually, watching this tiny little 15lb baby throw a fit, but I've just started telling her 'Oh you're fine" or "That's enough" and walking away. As soon as I walk away she stops, lol. I was just wondering cuz I wasn't expecting this to hit so early!

Never. My children are perfect. :muaha:

my LO started throwing fits right around 7 months. shes a little brat :haha: its usually only when i take something from her that shes not allowed to have. she falls to the floor and freaks out like you've just taken away her most favorite toy in the world :dohh: i do the same as you just tell her thats enough. she gets over it in a min or two when she realizes im not giving it back no matter how big of a fit she throws :haha:

my LO started throwing fits right around 7 months. shes a little brat :haha: its usually only when i take something from her that shes not allowed to have. she falls to the floor and freaks out like you've just taken away her most favorite toy in the world :dohh: i do the same as you just tell her thats enough. she gets over it in a min or two when she realizes im not giving it back no matter how big of a fit she throws :haha:

Oh okay, maybe I just was being overly hopeful lol. Yeah mine does it when you take something away from her or you lay her on her back (she's trying to figure out how to crawl so she doesn't wanna be on her back).

I keep telling her she's too small to be very intimidating (we've just hit the 9th percentile! woot!)

Oh okay, maybe I just was being overly hopeful lol. Yeah mine does it when you take something away from her or you lay her on her back (she's trying to figure out how to crawl so she doesn't wanna be on her back).

I keep telling her she's too small to be very intimidating (we've just hit the 9th percentile! woot!)

oh my tiny girl! i have a big girl on my hands 100th percentile weight and height :dohh: :haha:

Can I call bullshit? :haha:
:saywhat:

I don't remember my son starting tantrums until more like 10/11 months. But Avery started around 7 months. She would absolute freak out if you took something out of her hands, start screaming and throw herself backwards.

Last week she learned a whine that almost sounds like she's having breathing problems. *sigh*

I don't remember my son starting tantrums until more like 10/11 months. But Avery started around 7 months. She would absolute freak out if you took something out of her hands, start screaming and throw herself backwards.

Last week she learned a whine that almost sounds like she's having breathing problems. *sigh*

Talk about a heart attack waiting to happen...so far mine just screams and bangs the floor a bit, lol

oh my tiny girl! i have a big girl on my hands 100th percentile weight and height :dohh: :haha:

Haha. She is 7 months and 3 weeks (well, a few days short of three weeks) and is between 14 and 15 pounds and 27 inches. She's super long, just has no body fat lol.

Maria has been throwing fits for a couple of months, it is amusing :haha: I have to admit, I often laugh. I usually try and distract her with something else (doesn't work much) or just hold her til she calms down.

Maria has been throwing fits for a couple of months, it is amusing :haha: I have to admit, I often laugh. I usually try and distract her with something else (doesn't work much) or just hold her til she calms down.

It is pretty amusing ya. I just picked mine up and she stiffened her back and kicked and screamed. I tucked her under my arm and kept walking. Within a minute she was just hanging from my arm :haha:

I generally let her just have her fit, though if she's truly upset and there's tears, I'll cuddle her til she gets over it.

Aleena has been doing the same since like 6 months.
Usually when I dress her, she hates it!
She will arch back, start screaming, flailing arms and legs.
As soon as I'm done she stops.
She also does it when she's tired and I have to change her diaper, or when she's bathing and I take her toy away cause I have to wash her arm pits :haha:

Lol yup! The fits don't last very long, but Midget's getting very good at throwing them. She's just not very convincing lol, she's too small. I told her if she was "normal size" I might be a bit more convinced, but a 15lb baby slamming the floor isn't near as convincing as the average sized toddler.

Talk about a heart attack waiting to happen...so far mine just screams and bangs the floor a bit, lol

Haha. She is 7 months and 3 weeks (well, a few days short of three weeks) and is between 14 and 15 pounds and 27 inches. She's super long, just has no body fat lol.

our LOs are so close in age :) mine is 7 months 3 weeks 2 days :) she hasnt been weighed or measured lately but she was 27.5in and 21lbs at her 6 month check :dohh: she is def a handful to carry around :haha:

yep, tantrum thrower right here! when i'm changing his bum, unless i give him something to distract him he tries to roll over and when i dont let him... tantrum.
when i want to get him dressed... tantrum
taking away something he's not allowed, huge tantrum!

he's on the 91st centile for height and 20lbs, big tall boy!

our LOs are so close in age :) mine is 7 months 3 weeks 2 days :) she hasnt been weighed or measured lately but she was 27.5in and 21lbs at her 6 month check :dohh: she is def a handful to carry around :haha:

When is LO's birthday? Mine is March 30th. At her 6 month, she was 13lbs 9 and 25.5 inches lol.

To be honest, this thread makes me sad.

A baby that age doesn't have the ability to have a tantrum. They can't understand their feelings or make anyone understand what they want/need/don't like etc.

I don't believe a child should ever be ignored or walked away from. My LO is 18 months and yeah she gets mad. I give her cuddles, tell her I understand and distract her.

I would never laugh at her or belittle her feelings by telling her she's being silly or whatever.

A cuddle goes a long way when they have lost control of themselves in such a way.

When is LO's birthday? Mine is March 30th. At her 6 month, she was 13lbs 9 and 25.5 inches lol.

aww your LO's birthday is my actual due date but i had her on March 26th :)

A baby this age is very capable of throwing fits. I cuddle away tears, I cuddle away anything that is wrong. But when I take the computer cord away and she starts slamming her feet on the floor and screams, she's throwing a tantrum. Especially if I walk away and it stops instantly. If I walk away and it doesn't stop, then I go back and cuddle her. I'd thank you not to judge my parenting. I didn't ask for opinions or anything, to specifically avoid this issue. I simply asked if similarly aged babies did this. If your answer is no, then post no, and move on. Thank you! :flower:

I don't think the throwing a tantrum is a bad thing. Once babies get over 6 months, they start showing tons more personality and emotions. When my daughter likes something she squeals and screams with excitement. Conversely when she doesn't like something she will respond with anger. It's a natural part of growing up. They aren't newborns.

Some children can have it cuddled out and explained to for the rest of their lives, they are just easier. My son (12) is an easy kid, I have a feeling my daughter won't be. I don't ignore her when she screams, but I'm not sure what I'll be doing when she's 2.

The past month the tantrums have become real tantrums. He slams something on the floor, squats down/drops on to his bum and screams sooooo loud. He gets really frustrated when he can't do something (like lift the lid of a heavy toy box etc) and it gets such a big reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->