just diagnosed with cin 2 (moderate cervical dysplasia)

cassie1234

Reaction score
I have been ttc for 6 months now. I just had a biopsy done and it came back moderate cervical dysplasia. The doc wants me to have the cryotherapy done but I would rather not. I heard it has a 50% chance of resolving on its own. and takes 10 years to maybe develop into cancer. I already have 2 children and an trying for two more. I would rather wait to have a procedure done after I have the rest of my children. I have heard that some of these procedures can hurt fertility and that is why I am choosing to wait. Any one been in the same boat?

i had this and had treatment didnt hurt at all babes xxx

you need the treatment asap babe dont let it develop look at jade goodey she left it and she sadly passed away x

How long did it take until you could start trying for a baby after the procedure. My youngest is 4.5 and we are not wanting the age gap to get much larger. I don't want to have to take a 3 month break from trying

i got pregnant the following month after having loop diathermy done for cin 3 ,it will be fine but please get sorted out before having another baby.xxx

I had cin 3 treated about 3 years ago. i had a loop excision didn`t hurt a bit. I already have 2 children 5 & 6 and have been trying to conceive again since oct to no avail but i dont think its to do with the treatment I had you are best getting it sorted because it can change in to cancer far quicker than in 10 years I know some young adults who have had cervical cancer x

I go for my colposcopy and loop procedure tomorrow. I have been diagnosed with severe dyskaryosis. I was ttc so this has been a massive blow for me. I'm staying positive and will be back ttc as soon as my cervix is fully healed in about 6 weeks. It'll be worth it for peace of mind, please dont leave it xx

i just had my leep done last year in may. and my doctor gave me the ok after my 6 month check up. but i'm glad i went through with the procedure because i didn't want it to get worse. i made sure to ask him prior to the surgery that after all is said and done that i can still conceive and he said yes. i did a clinical study and the infected area shrunk and he didn't have to remove much. so i am good now. and since they're keeping an eye on it he started me on clomid right away so i can start making babies! lol

if it gets worse its only going to make conceiving harder. so ask your doctors about everything before you go in for surgery. i know that having 2 more babies is what you want. but your health comes before the wants. worse case scenario if you can't have babies after the surgery...at least you already have two...u know? or ask your doctor to see how much can you hold off and if you do if they can just keep a close eye on you and if it gets worse then have the surgery.

plus if you are able to conceive again after the surgery...i hear you become extremely fertile since its almost like cleaning out your system. wish i tried sooner to get pregnant after the surgery :(

good luck to you!

Ugh I am so sorry that you have to go through this :( I just got the same news in January and was devastated, as I am 36 and we had just begun trying for our first. My doctor did a LEEP instead of cryo, and I would really look into that. He is known as one of the best doctors here and he specifically told me that although he used to do cryo before they knew better, they now know better and leep is much better for what I had (which was cin 2). I had my procedure January 26. I had to put off getting pregnant the month of January to prepare for the procedure. He also really recommended doing it before gettting pregnant. When I was mild (cin 1) he said to go ahead and get pregnant and we would keep an eye on it, and that it would prob resolve on its own. Then it changed ot CIN2 and he said he strongly recommended taking care of it first. The procedure sucked and he said not ot have sex for 2 weeks and I could start trying again right away once that two weeks was up. We had very gentle sex after two weeks. I had just stopped bleeding. It was during my fertile time but I did not get pregnant. I spotted before my next period and (I heard that it can mess yoru hormones up a bit) and then we had intercourse again after my period finished. It was normal intercourse and it was painful (although I have pelvic issues so maybe it wasnt my cervix) and I bled a little and spotted for 4 days after that. The doctor felt that maybe my cervix was hit and not totally healed yet (it had been 5 or a little more post leep) ANyway, I haven't had sex since (that was 1.5 weeks ago) and I was ovulating, or am right now and we have been using the turkey baster method because I want to let my cervix heal for another couple weeks. My doctor knows I was trying ot get preg and he said that this in no way affects my fertility. Every case is different, but from what I have been told, you don't have to wait a long time to start trying. It was really only one full month I was out becasue I didn't want to be pregnant before having the surgery. I'm sure my chances were less after the surgery due to only having sex twice and still spotting from the procedure, but this month would have been totally back to normal if I hadn't started bleeding after intercourse (which most dont I dont think) Good luck to you and talk to your doctor about your concerns! :)

you can try next cycke after treatment if you delay it wil jsut get worse

thanks everyone. I have another appt to talk with the doc about options.

i wouldn't risk the wait as im only 19, and i have gone from CIN1 to CIN2 in just 1 and a half years.. i have to have treatment next week x

treatment does not hurt i promise girls xx and ive fallen pregnant since xx

Do not be too late at getting medication, as it is always said prevention is better than care. So go get examined once again and if the reports are positive try to take medicines. Let me know what information you get about cervical dysplasia. Just let me know once you are back.

I had cin3 removed by Leep and was told to wait 6 months before getting pregnant as they had to remove a huge portion of my cervix i got pregnant straight away once my 6 months was up. I am 30 so was worried about my fertility being affected but i got pregnant easier after treatment then with any of my other children! Please don't put it off your health needs to come first especially as you have other children who need their mummy to be healthy x

I've had a loop diathermy for a CIN 2 also. Very simple and over and done with in day surgery. Dont leave it. Cervical cancer is one of the most preventable of womens cancers as we can detect any nasty cells and remove them so easily. We were told we could start having sex again within two weeks as long as there was no bleeding and I have carried a beautiful healthy boy since then.

I had cin3 treated 6 months ago and we are trying for baby 2 now. I have been told I have a risk of premature birth but will be monitored closely. Please get treated Xx I go back on june 11th for my 6 month check

I had my surgery 4 years ago and every pap since has been normal! :happydance: Early treatment = healthy cervix.

i have also had this done for CINII and when they tested it afterward some of it was actually CINIII. I was only 20 at the time.
I went from nothing to that in 2 years. dont rely on percentages. Your far better off treating it now and knowing your well. I have been clear for the last 6 years since

I have been ttc for 6 months now. I just had a biopsy done and it came back moderate cervical dysplasia. The doc wants me to have the cryotherapy done but I would rather not. I heard it has a 50% chance of resolving on its own. and takes 10 years to maybe develop into cancer. I already have 2 children and an trying for two more. I would rather wait to have a procedure done after I have the rest of my children. I have heard that some of these procedures can hurt fertility and that is why I am choosing to wait. Any one been in the same boat?

I had the same procedure done about 3 months ago. The doctor did the biopsy and while "in" there she said that she could see the area and that since it wasn't huge that she was gonna do a larger than normal biopsy. Turns out that she got all of it and that even though it does return I didn't need any other treatment at the moment since she got it all with the biopsy. I do have to go back every 6 months for a pap smear and "biopsy" to check on it. More or less she will remove it at that time. I was lucky that it was only moderate as I went a whole 3 and a half years with no pap smear and we thought that it would be much worse. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->