Just diagnosed with PCOS...advice and comfort needed

familylove4

Reaction score
I saw my OB today and he has diagnosed me with PCOS.....I'm shocked but it makes perfect sense. My irregular periods, my sudden weight gain. I was scared, and sad, but then I realized its a problem that has a solution. He put me on progesterone to kick start my menses, and metforin to regulate everything. He said if that doesn't work we are taking the clomid route. I'm happy I have my answer. How long did it take to regulate your hormones if you were on the same medication I am on???? How long did it take to get your BFP?!

I went off pill jan 2012 and had no period, was diagnosed march/ April. Started clomid in April and fell pregnant first round, my little boy was born jan this year :) my period still hhadnt returned and a month ago I asked my doctor to put me on metformin. Within days I ovulated and got a surprise BFP! Sadly it was a chemical and I lost it a week later, but I'm still happy I responded so well! I'm now on cd7 and eager to see if I ovulate this month again! If I don't ill be going back to the doc about starting clomid again.
Best of luck to you xx

I went off pill jan 2012 and had no period, was diagnosed march/ April. Started clomid in April and fell pregnant first round, my little boy was born jan this year :) my period still hhadnt returned and a month ago I asked my doctor to put me on metformin. Within days I ovulated and got a surprise BFP! Sadly it was a chemical and I lost it a week later, but I'm still happy I responded so well! I'm now on cd7 and eager to see if I ovulate this month again! If I don't ill be going back to the doc about starting clomid again.
Best of luck to you xx

I'm sorry for your loss. Your story gives me hope, keep me posted on if you O and if you get your BFP! I'm hoping the progesterone works so my cycle can start so i can O again and my hubby and I can really try.

They never gave me anything to kick start a cycle so when I conceived my son I actually hadn't had a period for 4-5 months which is not standard practice but did the job anyway!

They never gave me anything to kick start a cycle so when I conceived my son I actually hadn't had a period for 4-5 months which is not standard practice but did the job anyway!

Longest I went was 66 days and would miss a period every other cycle. He is trying to regulate my cycle, so I can have some kind of normal cycle

I normally don't get a cycle AT ALL. No periods, no ovulation. Hopefully the metformin keeps working for me but its cd8 and no hint of a 2nd line on an opk.

I normally don't get a cycle AT ALL. No periods, no ovulation. Hopefully the metformin keeps working for me but its cd8 and no hint of a 2nd line on an opk.

My dr told me not to take those, and just do the BBT chart. They drive me crazy anyway

I don't normally either but I've just ovulated naturally for the first time in 10 years and I'm curious to see if it happens again! And I think charting with a 7 month old teething would be pointless

I don't normally either but I've just ovulated naturally for the first time in 10 years and I'm curious to see if it happens again! And I think charting with a 7 month old teething would be pointless

Lol aw yes that would be a little difficult lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->