Just Don't Get People Like This!!

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
I just don't get some people

A friend of mine recently announced she is pregnant with her boyfriend of just over a month. I kind of find that abit silly especially as she lives in Luton & him in Bristol but I know it happens & this isn't my issue

The silly girl has booked a holiday for 2 weeks after her due date to Ayia Napa. It's not like she booked this before she got her :bfp: she booked it after!!

I mean what sort of crazy person does that. I said to her just because she's been given this due date, doesn't mean her baby will arrive then!! I said to her what will happen if the baby arrives late, she said she'll still go!! I then said to her after labour especially of you've had alot of stitches you'll be in alot of pain. But does she listen? Maybe i'm wrong but I really think it's craziness to book a holiday 2 weeks after your LO is due

I said to her if she's so desperate to go away next year why not book a holiday for a few months later but oh no she wants to go with the girls

Sorry I just think she's mad

Unfortunately, as silly as that sounds to you and me, everyones different.

It's not that I have an issue with her leaving her LO. I went out 3 weeks after having Maya

It's just the stupidness of hpw close to her due date the holiday is booked for. Like I said, babies don't always arrive on time

Ah well, some people are stupid. Let her hope. She won't be allowed to fly after 32 weeks anyway.

She might learn the hard way that life is a bit more unpredictable than she thinks...
What if she ends up with a c-section and has to rest for the a couple of weeks?
:shrug:

my goodness this seems a bit silly to me too. i agree, its not the leaving of the LO (i couldn't of left maddi for that length of time then, or now even :dohh:) but like you said kelly, babies don't always arrive on time, maddi was 9 days late and c-section in the end, i wouldn't want to fly after section :dohh: some people make my mind boggle! :dohh:

i wouldnt be fit for anything like that after baby was born! is this her first? who will look after the child?

Yeah it's her first baby

She said she'll yake the baby down to Bristol for it's dad to look after

I'd leave her to it, and then when she decides she can't go offer to buy it off her for 50% o the price. :rofl:

Yeah it's her first baby

I dont agree with it but its her choice to do that. think the baby needs its mum that soon after birth and I would assume she would want to be with baby that soon after also. How weird. stil its up to her and I can see her cancelling it! This is my first to and I seriously doubt I will be fit for the shops two weeks after birth.

Yeah it's her first baby

I dont agree with it but its her choice to do that. think the baby needs its mum that soon after birth and I would assume she would want to be with baby that soon after also. How weird. stil its up to her and I can see her cancelling it! This is my first to and I seriously doubt I will be fit for the shops two weeks after birth.

Ive tried telling her how childbirth really takes it out of you but she seems to think it will be a breeze & that im a drama queen

Well wait until she has 92 stitches like me in her lady bits & then call me a drama queen :rofl:

Think she may regret booking this hol (wish i was goin away!!!!)

Great plan though Rafwife :rofl:

I think the last thing I'd want to do after childbirth is try and put a bikini on and sit on a sandy beach. :dohh:

I could buy her ticket & me & Maya could take a lil break

Would be so lovely lol

I think the last thing I'd want to do after childbirth is try and put a bikini on and sit on a sandy beach. :dohh:

:rofl: so so true!!

God I couldn't imgine flaunting my body 2 weeks after I had Maya

Wouldn't even do it now

Yea, imagine getting sand in your bits when you're sore!! ouch, sorry but I couldn't help but think of that.

The thought of going on holiday a few days/weeks after having the baby! makes me cringe and I coped ok in labour and only needed 1 stitch.. yet I was in agony afterwards down there!
Some people can't be told, so you're best to let her get on with it.

I'd leave her to it, and then when she decides she can't go offer to buy it off her for 50% o the price. :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Have to agree that she's a bit silly for booking a holiday so soon. But, hey, see what happens.

92 sticthes! thats worse than i thought! OMG! ouch! and there was me thinikng 3 weeks after birth i may just be able to sit on a motorbike never mind ride one. And never mind going on hols. She will see, I just have a feeling she will.

Yep, I'm betting she doesn't end up going. I've heard too that some airlines won't even let you fly for 2-6 weeks after giving birth. Has she looked into that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->