Just eaten a cheeses shouldn't have! Crap!

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I've just been out for lunch and ordered a pie. When I was half way through, I realised that there was cheese in it so I looked at the menu and it's had taleggio cheese in, which is a soft rind cheese. When I have googled this, the cheese is a big no no for pregnant women! It did say that if it was piping hot, it would be fine. I'm gonna sound really stupid here but although the pie was cooked, I had it cold. Will this be ok because it was cooked originally?

Hi, I think it will be fine.. Heating it to a certain temp kills the bacteria.. X

You'll LO will be fine. NBD about a little cheese.

Yes, it's totally fine because it's been cooked, assuming it's been properly cooked, not under-cooked. That said, I never avoided a single cheese my whole pregnancy. I ate everything. After all, never in 32 years had I gotten listeria from cheese before, so I just didn't see it happening now. I will do the same next time. I think you'll be fine.

I had this same problem, i bought a chicken Caesar wrap from asdas got half way through and thought it tasted a little cheesey checked the back and there it was this funny named cheese, googled it and i cant have it :/ its made with unpasteurised milk :/ im sure everything will be fine though i just will make sure i check everything in future

I've had pate and camembert because I totally forgot I was pregnant at the time! It's a Listeria risk it'll be very very unlikely anything would happen :)

I've always been mildly cautious about stuff like that on the "do not" list. It's very unlikely to get it in the first place, and doesn't get more likely when you're pregnant.

It's always better to be safe than sorry, but a few things here and there aren't going to do any harm.

I had medium rare steak the other day... I think it'd be almost impossible to avoid everything on the 'don't eat this during pregnancy' list

Baked in a pie should definitely be fine :D plus depending on where you are, a lot of the no-no cheeses come in pasteurized varieties (un pasteurized makes them a no-no). Missing fresh mozzarella was one if the things i thought i was going to miss, but a lot of brands still are ok.

I ate some of my MIL homemade tiramisu a little while back and then someone mentions raw eggs in it after I've eaten the whole slice! Lol. My baby is fine :)

There's almost nothing I really worry about except obvious things like alcohol. I quite enjoyed my soft serve ice cream sundae the other day. Everything in moderation and other than that, I don't fuss. It's worked for my mom, and my grandmother, and countless other women I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->