Just fed up

oOKayOo

Reaction score
Carly is an angel child when she is being looked after by anyone else other then me and daddy.

Im at breaking point , she DOESNT listen. I will tell her off over a hundred times a day and im really not exagerating.
She is mouthy , she is rude. Overal a spoilt brat. ( she was very spoilt growing up and i am now paying for it :cry:)

When i pick her up after school i have to try so hard to get home without her sitting on the floor , arms crossed and wont move.
I have alread posted in bad mums confessional about what i have to do.

Every morning its 'wake up now make my breakfast now' then goes and wakes Ella up but climing into her cot and saying WAKEE UPP. Its 6 in the morning for crying out loud.
I say no , dont be so rude its still early, and she says 'im not going back to bed' and then will repeat MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY at the top of her voice which scares ella and then she is crying, which is when i have to get up cos now ella will want calming ect ect.

Through out the day , carly will constantly push me to my limits with ella , i will say not to do something for example , be rough with ella.
She will continue to do this until i put her in her room which she will say ' go on then get angry at me , pinch me' :S

Like to clarify i DONT pinch my kids i think she may of got it from school :shrugs:

She is hyper all the time , she is VERY loud also so constantly telling her to calm down.

I will ask what she wants to do we play whatever that is until 5 minutes later she goes off on one , be it cos she wont share ect.
I dread her waking up in the morning as i know what the day will be like :cry::cry:

Top it all off , i used top get help with OH but now as he works longer hours and more days i dont get any and i havnt been able to have me time for 3 months. Im stressed to the max :cry:

Leigha is sometimes like this as well.

Have you tried taking toys from her, thats what i do with Leigha.."fine, if u cant share then u cant have it."
Also when Leigha stresses me out with being hyper and not listening, just completely ignore her until she calms down.
I know you have probaly tried so many things, coz i had to before i found anything that made her listen or do as she is told.

If you ever want to tlk im on msn quite a bit :) we can have a good old moan together :hugs: xx

:hugs: I have a hard time doing it with one let alone a baby and a child Carlys age!! I don't really know how to fix it, all I've seen of it is on Nanny 911 :dohh: Hopefully she will grow out of it x

:wohoo:

I havent tried the take away the toy thing but i have just tried it and it has worked :wohoo:

I said to her everytime mummy asks her to do something and she doesnt do it after three time of telling her a toy will be put away till the end of the day :smug:

I have done two toys in the space of an hour :lol: but she is being nice to me now!
:happydance: and even helping me tidy up :shock:

first of all :hugs: sweetie, i completely agree with toria, it's hard enough with one, and your doing a wonderful job.
have you thought about something like a timeout or the naughty step, saw this and thought of you:
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0986090/Trail/searchtext>TIME+OUT.htm
i do hope she gets better soon :hugs:

:wohoo:

I havent tried the take away the toy thing but i have just tried it and it has worked :wohoo:

I said to her everytime mummy asks her to do something and she doesnt do it after three time of telling her a toy will be put away till the end of the day :smug:

I have done two toys in the space of an hour :lol: but she is being nice to me now!
:happydance: and even helping me tidy up :shock:

:happydance: yay! so pleased!! :hugs:

I dont wanna upset you, but I think the problem is she knows she gets to you. You have to show her that YOU are the boss and not her. That her behavior does not get a reaction from you, except when its positive then she should gets lots of praise. It might feel like you are being mean in the beginning but she has to get the message that you are in charge. If she wakes up in the morning and demands breakfast you can say: Mummy would love to make you breakfast if you ask nicely, here is how you ask, please mummy can i have some breakfast. unless she asks nicely she doesn't get it, until you are ready and then you can say mommy is ready now to give you breakfast. You have to be very firm. If she sits on the floor and wont move you can say: mummy is going to ask u once nicely to be a big girl and get up if she doesnt u could if u have time sit in the corner and just ignore her til she gets up, if u are pressed for time id give her a consequince like : you didnt get up so now mommy is going to pick u up and when we get home you wont be allowed ____ today. If you follow through i think she'll get the message.

I dont wanna upset you, but I think the problem is she knows she gets to you. You have to show her that YOU are the boss and not her. That her behavior does not get a reaction from you, except when its positive then she should gets lots of praise. It might feel like you are being mean in the beginning but she has to get the message that you are in charge. If she wakes up in the morning and demands breakfast you can say: Mummy would love to make you breakfast if you ask nicely, here is how you ask, please mummy can i have some breakfast. unless she asks nicely she doesn't get it, until you are ready and then you can say mommy is ready now to give you breakfast. You have to be very firm. If she sits on the floor and wont move you can say: mummy is going to ask u once nicely to be a big girl and get up if she doesnt u could if u have time sit in the corner and just ignore her til she gets up, if u are pressed for time id give her a consequince like : you didnt get up so now mommy is going to pick u up and when we get home you wont be allowed ____ today. If you follow through i think she'll get the message.

You are compltety right , she does no how to get to me and bloody good at it. With the outside thing where she sits in the floor not even bribing works , i have walked off and hid behind a shop wall so she couldnt see me she stood up saying she was lost to people and when i came out and showed my face she saw me and sat back down with her head just like this :sulk:

when i get this sling through for ella it will be alot better as ill chuck carly in ellas stroller and say if she wants to be a baby she can be one and chuck her in it! :smug:

Ooooooooooo shes helping tidy up now..way to go Kay xx

*sigh*

Well now everytime she does anything its take my toy then. So i do and then she will keep being naughty until i have all these toys as she will be naughty on purpose just so i will take her toys :(

I just screamed in a pillow , ella wont settle constantly crying , carly being being a little poo.
What a shit day!!

:rofl: My sister was a good child because I was so naughty she just sat back and did nothing! Poor kid, so ignored she was.. :rofl:

My sister was the worse behaved teenager though. The rebel was phenominal.. :dohh:

Here's something that has been working for me.

Use a large baby food jar and get some marbles. Each day that she has a good day...uses her manners, doesn't have a tantrum, etc. she gets to put a marble in the jar. If she isn't good that day, no marble. (Jayden didn't like the no marble day at the beginning and soon realized what he needed to do to get one.)

When that jar is full of marbles, she can have a surprise. Get her a toy, take her to a movie, etc.

I've seen a big difference, especially in my son.

thats a brilliant idea leeanne. Might try that one myself with nicole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"