Just feeling a bit rubbish...UPDATE!!!!!

Gaige

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
Reaction score
***UPDATED POST #4***

At the moment I'm waiting for day 21 of this cycle for a blood test to make sure I'm ovulating and all that but I think I already have the answer.

I'm (supposedly) due to ovulate somewhere between August 14th - August 20th with my most fertile day being August 17th (this is according to the Fertility Friends and Pink Pad apps).
I went out a got myself the Clear Blue digital ovulation test kit and have been using it once a day since August 12th and so far I've had nothing at all. Not even a hint of a smiley face.

I guess I'm just feeling a bit rubbish about it, could do with some kind words or reassurance or something...
Has anyone ever had negative results from a home ovulation test but had a positive blood test?https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

:flower:
I can't give you advice hun. I have bloods done in a little less than 3 weeks but just now started getting progression on my opks. :/ Not much but better than nothing. Maybe you are a little late in your cycle?

Thanks for replying, cluckerduckie, I appreciate it.

OH and I had been trying for a year previously with no positive ovulation tests at all then, so it's just so frustrating.
I think I'm just in a "why can't my body just do what it's meant to do" mood today and needed to get it off my chest.
I'll keep using the tests to see if I'm just late.

Fingers crossed for your blood test :flower:

I hope it's okay that I update this thread rather than starting a new one...

So as I'd said previously (lol I feel like I'm updating before a new episode of a soap opera..."previously on Trying to Conceive"...) I'd bought some Clear Blue Digital ovulation tests and had all negatives.
So I pretty much gave up and figured I'd wait for the day 21 blood test and just go from there.

For some odd reason last night about 9pm I decided to try another test. I don't know why, but I'm glad I did:
https://i.imgur.com/Wh2WQpD.jpg

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
I screamed, then burst into tears and then felt like I was going to hyperventilate.
Naturally OH and I got busy (pardon the phrase) last night but being totally new to all of this I have a couple of questions if someone can help?

1 - I'm assuming this means that I do ovulate?
2 - If so, then the day 21 blood test should confirm that?
3 - I was meant to ovulate CD14-CD19, but from the positive test it looks like I'm a couple of days late - will this affect the blood test?
4 - Can you get a false positive on an ovulation test?
5 - Am I right in thinking that a positive ovulation test means that I will ovulate over the next couple of days?
6 - Do I continue testing?

Thank you, ladies :D

Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully you will ovulate. However, I have read that a positive test means that your body is gearing up for ovulation but it's not completely 100% that you will ovulate. If you also temp and have the appropriate changes in temp along with it, it provides more solid evidence of ovulation. Here's some info: https://www.justmommies.com/getting...ction/can-you-have-positive-ovulation-test-re

I don't know enough about the blood test to give any more info, but still wishing you luck. :)

I do chart my temperature, as well as tracking things like CM (egg white at the moment which is always good!) so fingers crossed this is actually it!

Trying not to get too excited but I'm failing massively at the moment.

Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully you will ovulate. However, I have read that a positive test means that your body is gearing up for ovulation but it's not completely 100% that you will ovulate. If you also temp and have the appropriate changes in temp along with it, it provides more solid evidence of ovulation. Here's some info: https://www.justmommies.com/getting...ction/can-you-have-positive-ovulation-test-re

I don't know enough about the blood test to give any more info, but still wishing you luck. :)

Ditto this. A positive OPK just means you caught the LH serge, it does not mean you will ovulate.

Though you are temping so once you have three days of higher temps FF should give you CH for ovulation day.

Sorry - what does CH mean?
Temp shot up this morning and was a touch higher than usual yesterday, so fingers crossed it stays that way!!

Blood test first thing tomorrow morning so I'm feeling a little nervous at the moment!

CH is crosshairs the + in red that appears when fertility friend (FF) detects ovulation and your temp rise looks good!

CH is crosshairs the + in red that appears when fertility friend (FF) detects ovulation and your temp rise looks good!

Thank you!
So once it's got some more temps charted (is it 3 days worth?) then will the crosshairs appear 3 days prior to the last temp or 3 days after?
I feel like such a newbie at the moment :haha:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Day 21 bloodwork would confirm ovulation if it's happened. They check your progesterone levels, so if that's properly elevated, you most likely ovulated. Keep DTD until then to be on the safe side. ;)

Keep DTD until then to be on the safe side. ;)

Ahaha! That does sound like such a hardship ;)
This week is going to drag now while I wait for the results...

I know, poor guy!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My temp was down this morning which isn't a great sign, although I took it slightly earlier (about 30 minutes) than usual as my appointment was at 9am so I had to leave at the time I would normally take it.
Would that have a huge impact on the temperature itself?

I know, poor guy!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My temp was down this morning which isn't a great sign, although I took it slightly earlier (about 30 minutes) than usual as my appointment was at 9am so I had to leave at the time I would normally take it.
Would that have a huge impact on the temperature itself?

If you temped 30 minutes earlier than your normal time that shouldn't impact the temp itself at all. I think FF even still gives you solid circles.

Good luck gaige! Feel free to share your chart if you want us to take a look at it for you.

If you temped 30 minutes earlier than your normal time that shouldn't impact the temp itself at all. I think FF even still gives you solid circles.

Ah, good, thank you! It's usually 30 minutes either way, so between 8am-9am.

Good luck gaige! Feel free to share your chart if you want us to take a look at it for you.

Thanks :D It's in my sig but I can post it if it's easier to read?

Quick question:-
This morning my CM was more on the creamy side, then it went a bit watery and now it's in-between creamy and egg-white.
Do I log this as creamy or egg-white or not at all?
:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back