Just feeling out some names...

Arohanui

Mum (former LTTTC)
Reaction score
DH and I are still TTC after nearly 4 years,which has given us lots of time to think of names! Earlier this year when I finally got a BFP we started narrowing down the names and combinations of names we really like, but I sadly had a MC in July. We realised lots of the names we had liked when we started TTC are now off the list because our friends and family have had babies and 'used up' the good ones, so our list has become considerably shorter with some new ones added in.

I got very bad feedback on the name game thread on a couple of the girl names we were playing with when I was pregnant which really disheartened me. I know our choices will not be to our families taste, but I know they'll come round to them, so I don't want to get feedback from them until we have a little one here. I just want to see what the wider community feels about our possible name choices. So, here goes...

Ophelia Wren
Delilah Fruin (Froo-in, a beautiful glen where I grew up)
Madeleine Bridget (Bridget is a form of my maiden name)
Evelyn Margot (Ev-uh-lin rather than Eev-lin)

Wolfe Alexander (Alexander, my sisters still born son)
Conan Oscar (Oscar is nearly off the list as we've had 3 close friends use it as a first name in the last 5 months)
Rueben Axel
Sebastian Rhett (I love Gone with the Wind!)

...what do you think?

Love all of your girl names! Especially Ophelia Wren. Beautiful!

Wolfe Alexander and Sebastian Rhett are cool. I love Oscar but not too keen on Conan. I also don't care much for Rueben Axel.

Sorry to hear about your struggles, I hope you get to name a little one very soon. :)

Ophelia Wren is stunning.

I hope it happens for you very soon.

I love Ophelia and Evelyn!!

I'm not too keen on Wolfe or Conan to be honest, they sound aggressive to me. Really like Sebastian though.

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. I think giving your future son the middle name Alexander is a wonderful tribute, provided your sister feels the same way.

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew. I think giving your future son the middle name Alexander is a wonderful tribute, provided your sister feels the same way.

Good point! I think she'd like it - I haven't discussed it with her (awkward having that conversation when you don't actually have a baby to name). We talk about him a lot, and it puts a smile on her face when she hears other little boys called Alexander, so I think she'd be touched but maybe I'll need to feel that out a little bit if/when the time comes!

Thanks for all the feedback, especially on Ophelia Wren, as Ophelia was the name I got most negative feedback on previously due to its connection with Shakespeares character in Hamlet. Good to see most people don't automatically think of mental illness and suicide when they hear this pretty name!

I think Conan is coming off the list - DH was less keen on this anyway as he went to high school with a boy called Conan who was a bit... odd. Odd is cool, but I think this kid might have been a bit scary odd from what he tells me!

Thanks again for your feedback, I think we're now on the right name track... just need a gorgeous little baby to give a name to now.

Love your names! Ophelia Wren and Wolfe Alexander are my favourites. I hope you have a little bundle to name very soon :hugs:

I really hope you have a baby to name soon, and I am sorry to hear you lost your nephew.

I love Madeleine, Sebastian and Rhett.

Ophelia Wren is absolutely beautiful. I like Wolfe Alexander and Sebastian Rhett, but I think Rhett Alexander would have a pretty cool ring to it!

Another vote for Ophelia Wren here, such a pretty name!

P.S are you from New Zealand originally?

Ophelia Wren is absolutely beautiful. I like Wolfe Alexander and Sebastian Rhett, but I think Rhett Alexander would have a pretty cool ring to it!

I do really like Rhett Alexander, but Rhett doesn't flow as well with our last name which starts with a hard G sound. It seems to flow ok as a middle name, probably because we wouldn't be using/hearing the full three names together every day, but the hard T of Rhett and hard G of our last name feels a bit clumsy. It's a shame, because it's a good name!

Another vote for Ophelia Wren here, such a pretty name!

P.S are you from New Zealand originally?

No, but DH is a kiwi! Are you? I'm guessing you ask because of my user name?

I spent a few years in NZ and really fell in love with it. I tried to learn Maori as much as I could (starting with pronouncing the place names right!). I love the way Maori words just get dropped into general conversation... "Kia ora bro, want some kai?" "Yeah, nah cuz, I'm getting a puku". Well, that's how DH and his friends talk anyway!

That is so cool! You have the lingo perfect, better than I probably would. Yup I am a kiwi, I always liked your user name :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->