Just For Fun For Us TTC

ardum

Reaction score
For us hopefuls.. I daydream about the day of finding out IM PREGNANT for the first time.. I imagine the scenario, how its gonna be and who are the first person I am going to tell.. Well, other than DH of course.. I imagine making that international phonecall to tell my mummy she's going to be a grandma. The very thought gives me butterflies in my tummy. Although I know, when it DOES happen, dialing the phone will be hard, coz I'll be shaking in excitement..

How about you? Who's the first person you are going to tell when you find out you are BFP? :winkwink:

Probably everyone on BnB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to tell DF.... by buying him a Daddy to be in training until *insert EDD* Then I'll be telling all my lovely BNB friends!

After DH - it will probably be everyone on B&B followed by my parents, then his parents, my BFF - then Facebook.

The problem is that DH works whacked out hours - sometimes coming home at 3am, other times, leaving at 1am - he will probably get a text, otherwise I'll jump him to say thanks. Living overseas, I will probably find out first thing, an will have to wait until everyone in the UK wakes up before I can tell them.

Oooooh what a nice thread - thanks Ardum

With my DH I plan to tell him either by screaming IM PREGNANNNNNNNNNNNT or get a card that says something along the lines of DADDY :lol:

Family live 300miles away so.... My mum... I plan to speak to her via MSN where you can call and see each other... and again scream IM PREGNANNNNNNNNNT :rofl:
My dad I'll just come out with it, cause every week he calls me... ANY NEWS YET.. I say no dad I'm not pregnant :lol:

I really do have butterflies in my belly when I think about that :bfp: :D

good thread :winkwink:

obviously my o/h then everyone on here i think!

i wouldnt tell anyone until 12 weeks! then i think i would tell my mum and his parents first! then my grandparents then my best friend!

ah i hope that it will be soon!!! xx

=) caterpillar that is very sweet of you to wait till everyone's awake before making that phone call.. COZ i wont BE LIKE THAT.. lol.. I dont care what time it is of the day.. MOMMY will get that phonecall even if she's in the bathroom.. be it midnight.. afternoon siesta.. LOL.. :happydance: She had me when she was 15. She always tell me that I AM AN ACCIDENT. But the best oops she ever had. That I maybe unplanned, but I am always wanted.. :winkwink:

=) caterpillar that is very sweet of you to wait till everyone's awake before making that phone call.. COZ i wont BE LIKE THAT.. lol.. I dont care what time it is of the day.. MOMMY will get that phonecall even if she's in the bathroom.. be it midnight.. afternoon siesta.. LOL.. :happydance: She had me when she was 15. She always tell me that I AM AN ACCIDENT. But the best oops she ever had. That I maybe unplanned, but I am always wanted.. :winkwink:

Ahhh thats lovely xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hmm, I think I'd tell my DH first. i like the daddy card idea, I'd have to get that prepared in advance though, cause once I found out I'd have to tell him immediately . . . Is that bad luck (preparing the card/gift in advance)?

No-one else knows we're TTCing, but it wouldn't be too much of a surprise, our families know we wouldn't tell them if we were TTCing.

Don't know when I'll tell the work folks (my entire social circle here is work folks). A close friend here had her baby in May, and didn't tell anyone she was preggers until January, it was very deceptive though. . . .

The problem is I don't want them to pile the work on this semester just cause I'm going to take a couple weeks off in the spring (same reason she waited).
We'll see, I'm sure the rumors will start flying when I stop drinking, and I will show a lot sooner than she did . . .

- Jenn

aww this thread is so sweet, I think I will just hand OH the dig test cos I think I will be in tears, then I will tell my best mate and all youu guys x

A friend of mine stuck a baby on board thingy in the back of her husbands car - he spotted it while backing out of the drive the next morning - and nearly crashed the car - fun idea though

I would immediately tell my boyfriend and the be straight on the phone to my Mum!! I would keep it from everyone else untill the 12 weeks were up though just to be safe!! xx

Oh I'm with you on that. Apart from hubby I'll be making an International call to my mother too. :happydance: She's knows we're trying so I hope she's really excited when I tell her it's finally happened. I know I'll want to tell her and my brother as soon as I get the BFP. I'll be letting the other halves mum know right after too as she is waiting expectantly. :flower: To be honest I'll probably want to tell three of my girlfriends as well. They also know I'm trying.

For us hopefuls.. I daydream about the day of finding out IM PREGNANT for the first time.. I imagine the scenario, how its gonna be and who are the first person I am going to tell.. Well, other than DH of course.. I imagine making that international phonecall to tell my mummy she's going to be a grandma. The very thought gives me butterflies in my tummy. Although I know, when it DOES happen, dialing the phone will be hard, coz I'll be shaking in excitement..

How about you? Who's the first person you are going to tell when you find out you are BFP? :winkwink:

I love it! I might write that on a piece of paper and stick it to my belly as my way of telling my hubby.

Ardum, your mum sounds just lovely.

A friend of mine stuck a baby on board thingy in the back of her husbands car - he spotted it while backing out of the drive the next morning - and nearly crashed the car - fun idea though

I like the BABY ON BOARD Idea.. =) But I honestly am not sure how long I will be able to keep it from DH.. Plus, Im kinda worried that "getting" stuff like that in advanced will pre-empt things from happening.. LOL!

I imagine that you guys will know before my DH. LOL! Its sad, but true! :)

The next would be my DH and closest friends. I intend to send a pic of the test window with a "Does this look positive to you?" txt. I think it'll be cute enough.

For my parents, we're waiting until I get an u/s pic so I can make up flyers with the pic that say COMING SOON! above the pic and my due date below it! I would like to do that before the end of this year. It would make for awesome Christmas gifts... but I'd prefer to do it WAY before Christmas! LOL

I love this thread, btw!

Megg3K that is a great idea as well! I sure hope to have BFP before its time to prepare the "cards". I always have our "furkids" on xmas cards, hopefully, this year, it'll be the furdogs and the U/S on the cover! That would be awesome! :thumbup:

You can use the same idea for a baby shower invite - I sent out the invites to my BFFs shower using the u/s of her son - basically the invitation was from him to his mummies friends, asking them to come and help her celebrate - she didn't get a hen night, so had to make due with Mountain Dew (urine) from a potty and Minstrels (pooh) from a pampers. Bleh

It depends on the day of the week. If I find out during the week, I will shout it out here on BnB. Right after that, I'll call my sister. I'll wait until DH gets home after work and give him this cute card that I found last cycle when I thought I might be pg but wasn't (stupid evaps).

If it's the weekend, I'll tell DH and then we'll be gone all day to maternity and baby shops so I probably won't have the chance to talk to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->