Just For Fun For Us TTC

I'm going to start looking for customize shirt online. I like the idea of the shirt that says DADDY in training! thanks for the cool ideas ladies..

dh is first... probably just blurt it out to him as soon as he walks in the door from work or me from work etc... if i get pg this cycle it will be perfect timing to buy my dad a "happy birthday grandpa" bday card! ooooh i can't wait!! my parents know we're ttc and have been wanting to be grandparents for yeeears so it will be very emotional and exciting :) dh's parents are at the other end of the country, so a phone call will have to suffice.

Love this thread!!

I probably will only tell DH right when I test and everyone on B&B and then the parents a few weeks into it.. Im soo paranoid about a chemical or MC's so I probably would wait until I got the 8 week scan before telling the parents...

Then probably around 10-12 weeks for friends...

I wanted to do something special (1st wedding anniversary on Sept 6th) for the DH but under the circumstances I'd probably have to tell him right away... Either way we can celebrate on the 6th!!! I hope! Fx'd for everyone!!! :dust:

dh is first... probably just blurt it out to him as soon as he walks in the door from work or me from work etc... if i get pg this cycle it will be perfect timing to buy my dad a "happy birthday grandpa" bday card! ooooh i can't wait!! my parents know we're ttc and have been wanting to be grandparents for yeeears so it will be very emotional and exciting :) dh's parents are at the other end of the country, so a phone call will have to suffice.

what if your dad takes the "Happy birthday Grampa" as a birthday joke that he thinks implies that hes just getting old lol.

i dont know what im going to do yet...im of course going to blurt it out loud and clear on here...but i think im going to keep it fairly hush hush for the first tri...other then telling OH of course.

Such a great post:happydance:

Really upbeat making you think about that special day when you get your :bfp:

My testing date is not until 24th September - which is ages away, but ill test early that morning so that I can tell DH before he goes to work. Then even if its like 7am, ill call my mum. I always phone her every morning when im on my way to work to see how she is. Some days I know that she is waiting for me to tell her.............. mum you're going to be a gran! She will burst into tears, and then Ill call my dad - that call I just cannot wait to make! Just thinking about this is putting a MASSIVE smile on my face:D:D

My sister is a bit of a late riser, so ill call her next, not sure what her reaction would be - I think she will probably come and see me that day, she only lives 40 mins away. My other sister lives in Texas, so ill probably txt her, so she gets the news when she wakes.

Ill call my gran and tell her, at this point, Im going to call in sick to my work, just for that day, because Ill be so excited, probably try to go to Drs. Ill tell 2 of my best friends - 1 of whom is already 15 weeks, I remember the day she told me, it was amazing for her, the other lives in London, which is far away, but she will be chuffed! - but maybe a little bit sad coz she will lose a drinking buddy, but Im sure she will get over it:dohh:

Then there will be the long long long wait to tell everyone else - but I think its best to wait for the 12 weeks to pass, to be on the safe side. Although that wait wont be as difficult as the wait each month until you OV:wacko:
That just takes forever..........................................

Thanks for this post it was great to just think about this process - Im going to come back to this when I do get my :bfp: just to see if this is how it played out!

Thanks everyone - off to :sex: then theres a chance my dream will come true

xxxxxxxxxxxx

yes please do update when the REAL DAY comes!!! =) I have butterflies when I think about mine.. :winkwink:

Probably my partner first and then my mam. Then keep it all hush hush for first 3 months.

In reality I'm going to rush out into the street in my undies screaming: "I'm PREGNANT!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! PREGNANT!!!!!! I'm going to be a MUM!! EVERYONE!! PREGNANT!! ME!! PREGNANT!! PREEEEEGNAAAAANNNNT!!!"!!!!!

Probably my partner first and then my mam. Then keep it all hush hush for first 3 months.

In reality I'm going to rush out into the street in my undies screaming: "I'm PREGNANT!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! PREGNANT!!!!!! I'm going to be a MUM!! EVERYONE!! PREGNANT!! ME!! PREGNANT!! PREEEEEGNAAAAANNNNT!!!"!!!!!

its so easy to picture this in my head... ROFLMAO.. you're too funny..

I know I can't do anything fancy to surprise hubby because I will be too excited and just blurt it out and jump around him...then I'd tell you guys:winkwink: The next person I'd tell would be my mom, because she is dying for grandbaby #2, but I'd wait until after the doctor...I had a chemical pregnancy last month so I want to make sure everything is good:thumbup:

Oh my gosh who would i tell first????????????:telephone: whoever was available first i suppose!

my hubby have a code, I tell him "Burt" if I'm ovulating while he's at work and i have to email him.. and he always says to call him "Ernie" if I'm pregnant lol but i don't think i will, I don't know how to tell him? OMG what a great thing to plan out. Hmm. :laugh2: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :headspin:

I can't wait to get my :bfp: now!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh who would i tell first????????????:telephone: whoever was available first i suppose!

my hubby have a code, I tell him "Burt" if I'm ovulating while he's at work and i have to email him.. and he always says to call him "Ernie" if I'm pregnant lol but i don't think i will, I don't know how to tell him? OMG what a great thing to plan out. Hmm. :laugh2: :dance: :yipee: :wohoo: :headspin:

you could always get him a burt and ernie shirt or card or something that has them both on there...im sure he will get the hint quickly :p

you could always get him a burt and ernie shirt or card or something that has them both on there...im sure he will get the hint quickly :p
AWeSOME idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Are those sesame street characters? Your DH is funny!

what if your dad takes the "Happy birthday Grampa" as a birthday joke that he thinks implies that hes just getting old lol.

he'll understand... i'm nuts about my furbaby/dog and call myself her mummy. i started saying to the dog "where's grandma? go get grandma!" and my mom told my brother she wishes i wouldn't call her and my dad grandma/pa until they really were grandparents... so maybe it should be a happy bday grandpa... (and this isn't from the dog!!) card :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->