Just for fun... natural ways to jumpstart labour! Add yours!

Mamamumum

Reaction score
So I'm 38wks today and over the next couple of weeks I'm going to try a few gentle ways of encouraging things to head in the right direction 😄 I'm a firm believer though that it will only happen if it's ready to happen anyway, I don't think you can really "induce" labour with any of these things but it might just help you nudge it a bit closer!

So I'm going to be:

:sex: (if I can muster up some kind of energy/libido... both of which have been completely lacking for a long time :haha:)

Using my birthing ball to try and get baby down onto my cervix. She was "free" at 37wk appointment but keeps going in and out.

Massaging my bump with Clary Sage oil. I find it relaxing anyway so even if it doesn't work then it's still nice :thumbup:

Scrubbing the floors probably more regularly than is strictly necessary :haha: I did this on my due date with DD1 and then went for a sweep and had her the next day. No idea if it was connected or pure coincidence but the motion apparently is meant to be good for getting baby down.

That's all I can think of for now. What are you doing/going to be doing if anything? Add your ideas and giveme some inspiration!

Well, I am being induced at 36+6 (Thursday night) but to try and get baby lower so its an easier labor I plan to bounce on my ball, drink tons of raspberry leaf tea, and walk every day....

I have zero desire to :sex: this whole pregnancy which is so different from last time. DH isn't comfortable DTD while I am pregnant anyways so it works for me. :blush:

Im just hoping I don't go into spontaneous labor sooner than Wednesday as thats when my mom is flying in. I need someone here to watch my son.

I’ve done so much walking and cleaning, eating bananas and pine apple, evening primrose oil and bounced on my ball! I also try to squat down often not sure if this makes any difference but I have my 39 week appointment Monday and will be asking for a sweep!

Eating eggplant... it worked for both me and my friend.
She had eggplant parmesan the night before she went into labor.... and I made a big batch of same dish 3 nights before. My husband and I had it for dinner two nights in a row, then 3rd night we went out for Mexican food and that night i went into labor.
Eggplant has estrogen like properties so perhaps that's why it works.

I absolutely swear by this homeopathic remedy

https://well.ca/products/mederi-ez-birth_102832.html

My first was induced a week overdue before I heard of these little pills, my 2nd came 2 weeks early after a week of these. My SIL’s have both taken them as well and had their babies before 40 weeks (not that that is always ideal but I’m sure you get it). The babies they did not take them for were born later, some even overdue. I’m convinced it works! My midwives recommended it!!

We also did a sweep and sex.

With my first I tried eating the pineapple too but that didn’t do anything!

I was just about to write about the homeopathic remedies but instead I’ll just agree with the previous post �� that and evening primrose oil inserted into your hoohah and raspberry leaf tea for toning the uterus :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->