Just found out I got Gestational Diabetes at 37weeks

PumpkinPatchx

Proud Mummy. <3
Reaction score
I've only found out that I've got it.. I wasn't tested before only at a routine hospital check 2 weeks ago they tested it for me and that was at Renal. I've had absolutely no information at all about this? What happens? I've got SPD, Anemic & recurrent urinal infections now Gestational Diabetes but Doctors won't induce me on due date - this is all confusing :-s

It is really strange that the doctors will not induce you on your due date- especially with this complication. Anyways- GD is can be pretty common among pregnancy. The only REAL complication is that the baby will be too large to deliver w/o problems. Most of the time women with GD will be given a c-section. Did the doctors say that they will monitor you with ultrasounds 2x a week? They need to, to check and see growth of baby, especially the weight. But- since you just got diagnosed with GD likely the complications will not be a concern, actually you probably wont have any complications seeing as your so far along and it usually takes a period of time for it to affect baby.
Which is why they probably do not want to induce.
Good luck hun xx.

im 34 weeks and only just found out i have GD as well... everyone on here have been so helpful.. id just repeat what they ahve told me.. get in for an ultrasound to check on bubs (they may predict a birth weight but take it with a graino f salt cos most of the time theyre off by a bit.. though im scared still theyvepredictred an over 9 pounder with me :/) the best bit of advice i can give is to eat really well.. google diabetes diet and follow it until you give birth.. it will help HEAPS x x

Stacey, I also got diagnosed with GD at 34 weeks, they predicted bubs was going to be about 9lbs but he was 10lb5 born at 38wks via a c section

xx

So sorry that you just found out now. I agree with the other ladies. Make sure they give you an ultrasound to get an idea of the baby's size as this may affect the choices in delivery. I would also get on and take some iron tablets for that anemia. I was anemic at the start of my pregnancy and borderline during, but got it up at the end. I am glad I did because I had complications where I bled a lot and managed to avoid a blood transfusion because I had gotten my iron levels up to normal. I was very anemic afterwards and had to take a supplement afterwards, but I was so glad that I had been trying to get it up beforehand. I know it is off the GD track, but I just thought it might be something easy you can do to help prepare you for birth.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->