Just found out that im pregnant! What now..:(

Hey hun. I was skimming through your post but my mind is not working with me very well at the moment. I blame it on pregnancy. lol. Anyways...

Being 17 and pregnant is nothing you can't handle. I'm 17 and I'm pregnant with my second little one (a birth control baby). My son just turned a year old a couple days ago, and when he was 8 months old we found out we were expecting our baby girl.

I'm still with my boyfriend (daddy to both my little ones) and telling our parents was probably the hardest thing we've done. My mom reacted the worst the second time around. I can understand why, but it's how most people think their parents are going to react. She didn't understand how this happened and what we were gonna do, and all that other stuff. And now, just like with my son, she's come around and is excited for her second grandchild. It'll just take some time for your parents to come around because you are their baby and now you're going to have a baby and it gonna be hard for them to grasp. Just like how it's hard for you to grasp that you're pregnant.

And it's always scary. I'm already 21 weeks pregnant and I still have days were I just think "What am I going to do?". Eventually though, everything falls into place. And you have it better off because you have a supportive boyfriend and you both have stable jobs, which is a really good start. Good luck with everything, hun. If you ever want to talk, PM me. :)

you cant really get folic acid from the shops i think because you have to prescribed the right amount of iron for you, like im anemic (not much iron in my blood) so i have to take a lot of micrograms of folic acid

thats the best thing i think that you have your boyfriend standing by you!!

hey im 16 but i had my daughter at 15 i thought all the way through that i wont be able to cope but you always think the worse. you will do ok cause your both stable so its fine. good luck

you cant really get folic acid from the shops i think because you have to prescribed the right amount of iron for you, like im anemic (not much iron in my blood) so i have to take a lot of micrograms of folic acid

I've got folic acid from the shops - that's where i was told to get it - I had been to the doctors previously, however, if your worried you can talk to a person in like a chemist place and they can advise. The amounts are usually the same.

xoxox

hey hun. I got pregnant when I was 17 and I was in college at the time and my mum had high expectations of me, like i was supposed to be going to uni. She went absolutely mad at me when I told her I was pregnant but eventually she calmed down and now my baby is 4 months old and she loves him to bits and would do anything for him.

It is very scary hun but it CAN be done! Times are hard but you can do it. Theres alot of support out there.

Good luck with everything :)
x

Hey...i have just been reading thro and firstly i want 2 wish you all the best of luck!
its was so hard 4 me when i found out even tho im not a teen and i was over the moon i didnt stop cryin 4 ages...i couldnt say 'im pregnant' out loud coz it made it sooo real!
it wil get easier in time. as for your mum just stay strong and do wot is best for you. i can understand, all she wants is the best for you but there is people in a worse situation and your lucky you and your BF are so strong. keep us posted. there is plenty of people that want 2 help you feel better and enjoy every part of your pregnancy :hugs:

Heyy x

I found out i was pregnant when i was 17 i was really scared to tell my dad, But i just done it .. he was really mad at me and he told me to get a abortion :( but i didn't give in to him! I now have the most beautiful son ever:D and my dad was there at the end he came up the hospital every day to see us , I agree with the others its really scary ! but only do what is best for you! Good luck xxxx

i suppose this could be different for different regions, clinics, etc but i managed to see my doctor two times, get an assigned midwife and start my folic acid course without anyone at home knowing. they rang me mobile and let me pick letters up from my reception at clinic.... so ask about what they can do for you....

Hey,
Just been reading all of your replies and they are all really helpful
Iv just done test number 3 lol positive of corse..I dont think i reeeally believed the other two lol
Me and the boyfriend have discussed all the options over and over..he says he's happy with what ever i decide to do and will support me through whatever..(although i can tell he wants me to keep it..) I know its gonna change alot of things but im pretty sure we're gonna keep it. :)
Anyway im booked in for the docters next week so il let u all know how it goes!..Not sure what to expect from the first appointment.. :/
Any more advice or thoughts any one has are totally welcomed and apreciated in the mean time :)
xx

Hi hun :D

Congratulations.

You sound like you have came around to the idea, I think its totally natural being scared, even if you've been TTC for 2 years, when you get pregnant you'd still be scared because its a new experience etc.

I think that you are in a good place if you and OH have been together for 2 1/2 years, the same as me and my OH and I know that we could cope if we found ourself in your situation (wish I was tbh!!)

If I was in your situation I would probably be reading books about pregnancy etc. Not telling you what to do, just giving you my opinion. I've got a good book by Miriam Stoppard, not sure what its called but only cost £2.50 used on playtrade lol

Keep us posted on everything. Your boyfriend sounds wonderful, he will make a great father from the sounds of things.

xxx

Hi hun :D

Congratulations.

You sound like you have came around to the idea, I think its totally natural being scared, even if you've been TTC for 2 years, when you get pregnant you'd still be scared because its a new experience etc.

I think that you are in a good place if you and OH have been together for 2 1/2 years, the same as me and my OH and I know that we could cope if we found ourself in your situation (wish I was tbh!!)

If I was in your situation I would probably be reading books about pregnancy etc. Not telling you what to do, just giving you my opinion. I've got a good book by Miriam Stoppard, not sure what its called but only cost £2.50 used on playtrade lol

Keep us posted on everything. Your boyfriend sounds wonderful, he will make a great father from the sounds of things.

xxx

Thanks..feel like i can accept the congrats now lol
I think getting a few books would be a good place to start as if im totally honest i have no clue what im doing or what to expect really...
xx

PS just told the boyfriend that i plan on keeping it and he's so happy! :)

x

Hey. I PM'd you!! BTW.

I'm sure dealing with pregnancy at any age is going to be difficult especially if you're not planning it. Even those who are planning it can't be 100% ready to deal with everything that a baby and pregnancy entail. Like the other girls have said, there will always be some kind of support for you. Your boyfriend and his family, and I'm sure your mom/family will come around in time. Just take it one step at a time. Try to take it with you boyfriend, together. It'll work out. xx

I'm glad you guys have came to a solution. Truly when you cross that barrier (the what am I going to do barrier) everything becomes much brighter and easier.

Im 19 and expecting my first child. I dont have my own place and im not financially stable im getting alot of help from my parents. My hubby is the one with a job.

but hun i dont think anyone is ever truly ready for a baby... even when people are trying when it happens its a shock and throughout the pregnancy im sure alot of people get paranoid or do alot of things to try to make themselves ready. but no one is ever truly ready for a baby. trust me once you hear that babies heartbeat for the first time .. you will fall in love with the baby in an instant. but this is a whole life learning process. and im sure youll be fine. no worries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->